The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

AMEN.

It takes a village, people ....

It works in many different ways, as well.
We have family friends through my folks from many years ago, before they all started families.
They had 2 children. Their daughter is about the same age as my next youngest brother.
Anyway, she started dating a guy in college in the early 80’s at Texas A&M. He was a farm boy from a small town in South-Central Texas, and he was also extremely intelligent. Think Sheldon from BBT intellectually, but, with an actual personality and a really great guy. ;)
He honed his mathematical and computer modeling skills in college, to the point where by the time he graduated he was considered one of the top 10 computer modelers (having to do with physics and such) in the country.
They were married while still attending college.
He was offered a job at the Los Alamos National Laboratory before he graduated, and upon graduation they moved there.
He could never really talk about what he did there for obvious national security reasons, but, he did allude to some “pretty cool stuff” once in conversation, and it was all kinda’ left at that.
He found his niche, loved his niche, and excelled in his niche beyond what most could dream of. And, in this case, he definitely wouldn’t have been able to achieve what he did without that college education.
Again, simple supply and demand.

We’re all different in so many ways.
Not everyone’s version of successful, happy, and content is going to agree with everyone else’s.
Although everybody’s needs and desires for a formal education are also different, I for one never want to stop learning, and their are so many different ways to learn these days.
Everyone will, hopefully, find what suits them best. :)

Rista1313

Lazy, stormy day here today...
Severe t-storm warning, flash flood warning, and a tornado warning and hail north of us. Big storm moving over us right now.

We need the rain, as we haven’t had any appreciable amount in a while, but, of course, nobody needs the damage.

View attachment 362242
It's 64 and partly sunny here today.... our nicest day so far this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom