Riviera Pricing and Point charts

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Didn’t say people wouldn’t like it. In fact, I like it. For what it is.

I just mean, we cant expect WDI themed resorts at this point(Star Wars clearly a diff animal). They don’t seem interested in that type of thing anymore.

This isn’t a classic themed resort ala Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge or Old Key West. This is really just a classic mid level high rise hotel from any vacation spot.

That’s all.

Agree...and you have to decide how much appeal The past ideas mean to you versus the future.

In 10-20 years...probably no one will care about theming...they’ll be desensitized.

For me...spending long hours in the theme...seeing DAKL pre grand opening...watching the tree go up inside the GF in the middle of the night (along with sheets of gingerbread being cut by circular saws)....seeing wilderness lodge in its first few months of operation for about $90 a night....

The appeal will always be diminished for me on the bland new.

I love Marriott...in Sarasota 😎

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m not giving up on any future well themed resorts. I do see a move towards mid or high rise towers over lower buildings spread out and in the rooms they have gone completely to the faux wood floors and no bedspreads (both I prefer even though they take away some of the style options). There’s still great attention to detail and quality theming going in at all the parks. Hope is not completely lost.

You are giving up on themed...because they are.

So it is what it is.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The theme may be average or light or whatever term people want to use but if you factor in the Skyway connection, rooftop and other dining options and pool areas, as a whole I think it’s a lot better of an option than just judging it solely on theme. I also think the rooms themselves look pretty nice.

The gondola is the thing...which is also why there Will be large increase to the other 3 on it in the next few years....

But have you seen the concept art for the dining and pool areas??
It’s not good. I can scan them and attach if you want?

Very...very bland. That Epcot drone show better be a doozy

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's what I don't get. It's fine. But who would pay MORE to stay here than any of the Boardwalk resorts?

I think it’s a two pronged strategy...I think they are going to try to drive up the price of the Caribbean corridor while also increasing demand on crescent lake...the end result is more demand/higher prices at both.

Might as well pay $550 at yacht club as you wouled $400 at Caribbean...

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I think it’s a two pronged strategy...I think they are going to try to drive up the price of the Caribbean corridor while also increasing demand on crescent lake...the end result is more demand/higher prices at both.

Might as well pay $550 at yacht club as you wouled $400 at Caribbean...
That works for cash prices but the DVC total points is locked forever isn't it? No room to adjust.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The gondola is the thing...which is also why there Will be large increase to the other 3 on it in the next few years....

I think the pool area looks pretty nice with the lake as a backdrop. It’s not Beach Club but nothing else is. The pool area looks at least on par or better than the majority of DVC resorts.

The dining looks OK to me too. I’m sure the views from the roof will be pretty good. I haven’t seen the menu or pictures or the food, but assuming the menu looks good and the initial reviews aren’t bad it’s someplace I’d consider trying.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think the pool area looks pretty nice with the lake as a backdrop. It’s not Beach Club but nothing else is. The pool area looks at least on par or better than the majority of DVC resorts.

The dining looks OK to me too. I’m sure the views from the roof will be pretty good. I haven’t seen the menu or pictures or the food, but assuming the menu looks good and the initial reviews aren’t bad it’s someplace I’d consider trying.

But “up to DVC standard” has gone backwards since kidani...they’re built really bland on the whole in Orlando

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Matter of taste I think. I totally see the theme. Reminds me of when we lived and traveled Europe. Will try to stay once but not thrilled with the charts. I'd rather do 2 connecting at PVB than a 1 bedroom there in terms if points spending. Not likely to get standard views regularly.
It reminds me of the Dominican Republic, of Hawaii, of Florida, of Aruba. It basically reminds me of every place that has a Starwood/Hyatt resort property. There’s nothing particularly European about it, the vagaries of the theme allow such. Which, again, is fine. It’s just not for me when we are discussing Disney World and more specifically DVC.

My two current bottom of the barrel DVC properties are BLT and Saratoga. Two places where the theme is crap.

Anyhoo, hopefully the vague nature DVC is better.

Club Cooloholic

Didn’t say people wouldn’t like it. In fact, I like it. For what it is.

I just mean, we cant expect WDI themed resorts at this point(Star Wars clearly a diff animal). They don’t seem interested in that type of thing anymore.

This isn’t a classic themed resort ala Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge or Old Key West. This is really just a classic mid level high rise hotel from any vacation spot.

That’s all.
Why cant we expect themed resorts? Honestly, the toning down of the themes is not customer driven. People like the little touches, we can stay at a Hilton in our home cities. WDW has always been about taking a place with little naturally to it, Inmean there are no mountains or beaches in orlando, and transforming it to a destination where you feel you are in another world, at least for a few days. Want Disney, but love that Marriot experience? Head to DL. Plenty of those type of hotels around, but Disneyworld was a land all its own. Now I will pass judgment when I see it myself, but so far this looks like the dullest, architecturally that they have cooked up yet.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
But “up to DVC standard” has gone backwards since kidani...they’re built really bland on the whole in Orlando
We are talking about pool areas right? Of the DVC resorts built prior to Kidani this pool area looks on par or better than BLT, SSR, BWV, and OKW to me. The only pools far superior IMHO are the main pools at BC and Wilderness. If we are including all DVC at WDW I would add in Poly pool too. GF is about a wash for me for pool area only. I know it’s a matter of opinion on all of these, but I wouldn’t say it’s obviously below par.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Riviera points run through 2070.
Boardwalk and beach club do not...that’s the “low” points...

DVC studios will never be 30 a night...for standard rooms and locations...

At that point the out of pocket cost is line $450 a night...real cost. What the the hell would be the point other than to follow the piper?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We are talking about pool areas right? Of the DVC resorts built prior to Kidani this pool area looks on par or better than BLT, SSR, BWV, and OKW to me. The only pools far superior IMHO are the main pools at BC and Wilderness. If we are including all DVC at WDW I would add in Poly pool too. GF is about a wash for me for pool area only. I know it’s a matter of opinion on all of these, but I wouldn’t say it’s obviously below par.

I’m taking all amenities in regards to theming...not just pools. Granted some like beach club didn’t need it. But a lot - contemporary; wilderness, Saratoga did - and they came in way under the aesthetic bar.

I love wilderness...but there the new work is so disappointing. Just not up to snuff with the cost. And then they put dwarves in artist point and waged war on my stomach. I hate dwarves...especially doc 😐

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I’m taking all amenities in regards to theming...not just pools. Granted some like beach club didn’t need it. But a lot - contemporary; wilderness, Saratoga did - and they came in way under the aesthetic bar.

I love wilderness...but there the new work is so disappointing. Just not up to snuff with the cost. And then they put dwarves in artist point and waged war on my stomach. I hate dwarves...especially doc 😐
Overall theme and amenities is probably a different discussion. I was specifically replying to this quote:

I stand by my opinion that the pool areas look as good or better than the majority of DVC resorts. As for dining it’s hard to compare since it’s a stand alone DVC. Dining looks better than OKW and SSR on paper (the other 2 stand alone DVCs) but can’t compare to some of the DVCs attached to a deluxe resorts.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Overall theme and amenities is probably a different discussion. I was specifically replying to this quote:

I stand by my opinion that the pool areas look as good or better than the majority of DVC resorts. As for dining it’s hard to compare since it’s a stand alone DVC. Dining looks better than OKW and SSR on paper (the other 2 stand alone DVCs) but can’t compare to some of the DVCs attached to a deluxe resorts.

I gotcha...but I stand that it looks bland...too bland. And believe DVC needs to raise the bar...not lower or maintain it as they charge more and more for the same product with huge ancillary price increases across the board.

But it’s run completely differently now...by the “ripcord board”

Such is life

nickys

Premium Member

A signature TS, a regular TS and a QS ..... better than BC, BW. Poly has no signature, AKL has an extra TS across both Jambo and Kidani.

correcaminos

Original Poster
A signature TS, a regular TS and a QS ..... better than BC, BW. Poly has no signature, AKL has an extra TS across both Jambo and Kidani.
Some consider the Luau PVBs signature since it is priced as one. But yes, not all have everything.

I personally do not see the step back in rooms. The theme at BCV is lesser to me than RR, but still, well done. We loved the subtle touches. PVB blew us away. CCV is above BWs most recent refurb in feel. I dislike the white bed look, but otherwise love the new feel they are putting in rooms. We've lost the over the top touches like pink towels which I am glad for. I do miss warner bedding though. If not in a 2 bedroom or double studio at PVB where we have spare blankets, I have to call for more.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Some consider the Luau PVBs signature since it is priced as one. But yes, not all have everything.

I personally do not see the step back in rooms. The theme at BCV is lesser to me than RR, but still, well done. We loved the subtle touches. PVB blew us away. CCV is above BWs most recent refurb in feel. I dislike the white bed look, but otherwise love the new feel they are putting in rooms. We've lost the over the top touches like pink towels which I am glad for. I do miss warner bedding though. If not in a 2 bedroom or double studio at PVB where we have spare blankets, I have to call for more.
This is good. It's good you like what DVC is putting out, because you are the target audience. Mission accomplished, as it were.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Except none of those were standalones

Have you ever actually been to boardwalk?? It was kinda built with a lot of “stuff”...

I will reserve more judgement until we see what they serve at these restaurants - to put it succinctly: if it’s the same old bland stuff like the snack bars or “the wave”...that’s not gonna really be a calling card.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom