News Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy (New Show for 2019)

Surferboy567

I am really glad you enjoy it so much!!! I think is is great as well. It’s the subtle little things that make it so amazing. FoP does so many things right!

For me though, no ride where I sit in front of the screen, will ever be my favorite.

I’ll take you word on SDD. I am sure it will be fun, but so is Mystic Timbers at King’s Island. I can ride fun, lightly themed coaster with exposed track/supports anywhere in the world.

I can agree with you there though...it has some nice theming elements it’s all about the atmosphere on that ride.

MrHappy

SDD is a cute, decorated, fun, exposed steel, rollercoaster. It has no preshow, no theme queue, a weak storyline and no special effects.

ToT is well-themed, thrilling, attraction with a great story, quality preshow, themed queue, trackless vehicles, peppers ghosts, imbedded lighting effects and an incredible facade.

I am not sure how the two compare.
I'd agree mostly, but I'd argue your "preshow" point - there's a lot of eye candy scattered throughout the switchbacks that tell the story of the ride. Sure, there's not a video or holding queue to take you through the ride story (where's Clair Huxtable when you need her) - but I thought the "preshow" was rather thoughtfully done. The ride itself impressed me too.
OT: Quick question, is there supposed to be a maple syrup smell around the first half of the ride, or was I just sitting behind people with Mickey Waffles in their pockets?

GlacierGlacier

OT: Quick question, is there supposed to be a maple syrup smell around the first half of the ride, or was I just sitting behind people with Mickey Waffles in their pockets?
That would be the latter. AFAIK, there is no intended (nor experienced, from the times I've ridden it) smell for the first half of the coaster. Or any half of the coaster.

Going further off topic: Are there any "smell coasters" in the world? Ones that use smell effects to add to the experience?

nickys

Premium Member
That would be the latter. AFAIK, there is no intended (nor experienced, from the times I've ridden it) smell for the first half of the coaster. Or any half of the coaster.

Going further off topic: Are there any "smell coasters" in the world? Ones that use smell effects to add to the experience?

Not a coaster. But the Jorvik Viking Centre in York is a ride similar to Winnie the Pooh in MK, and it has smells in the ride through the replica of the Viking City remains found on the site (the Centre being built on the site). I took part in the excavations during my last year and a half at school.

I’m sure there are other similar places around the world. But I don’t know of any actual coasters! But I’m sure people could suggest some possibilities. Yeti dung on EE, perhaps?

es135

The Incredicoaster at DCA uses a cookie smell in one of the tunnels. Naturally, there is a cookie stand next to the exit as you get off the ride lol.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
All of this does make me wonder if the will some how retheme RnRC and make this area a mini cars lands.

I guess it depends on how permanent the expect this attraction to be. The flex theater was never supposed to hold a permanent attraction but instead rotate in different things. This does appear to be a much more permeant attraction.

ppete1975

I was looking and saw "Disney has just announced that the newLightning McQueen's Racing Academy at Disney's Hollywood Studios will open on March 31 2019." in a previous article, Does this still look accurate?

Tom P.

Disney Parks Blog has announced another new Cars-related addition coming too, a dance party.

Oh, and for good measure, The Site That Shall Not Be Named has copied the Disney Parks Blog article verbatim, without so much as an attribution to the original source. I don't know what Disney's copyright policy is on PR materials, but it seems to be in bad taste to not at least reference where the material came from. Good show, Voldemort!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom