The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I agree.

Cash is great for some stuff.

A good example is when I go to the Midwest Gaming Classic next month, I bring cash for Vendor Hall section due to nature of purchases. I don't buy pinball or arcade machines. The nature of my purchases are much cheaper. Pinball and arcadmachines are not cheap to say the least. Pinball Machines can go around $3,000 based on what I seen in a local shop that specializes in video gaming and pop culture items.

Midwest Gaming Classic is a game trade show/ game Expo. What I mean by game is not the gambling type. When I go to a expo or trade show, I feel more comfortable with cash.

I also look at in the case of my mom for cash. Back when my mom had a stand for a craft fair, she only accepted cash. When you do a craft fair, the vendor does not have the equipment for buyers to use credit cards. What my mom had was have dollars and change in a box for craft fair stand.

I think as long as we have choices, I'm o.k. with what works for people. (Just don't want to see only electronic ways of paying, versus a no cash system.)

Barter, although not practical in many situations, can also be a good method of payment. One of my brothers is a carpenter. Years ago, he was tight on money, but needed some dental work done. Luckily, he bartered his dental work, for a custom, hand-carved, wooden sign for the front of the dentist's business. It was a win-win for both. :)

Rista1313

I agree.

Cash is great for some stuff.

A good example is when I go to the Midwest Gaming Classic next month, I bring cash for Vendor Hall section due to nature of purchases. I don't buy pinball or arcade machines. The nature of my purchases are much cheaper. Pinball and arcadmachines are not cheap to say the least. Pinball Machines can go around $3,000 based on what I seen in a local shop that specializes in video gaming and pop culture items.

Midwest Gaming Classic is a game trade show/ game Expo. What I mean by game is not the gambling type. When I go to a expo or trade show, I feel more comfortable with cash.

I also look at in the case of my mom for cash. Back when my mom had a stand for a craft fair, she only accepted cash. When you do a craft fair, the vendor does not have the equipment for buyers to use credit cards. What my mom had was have dollars and change in a box for craft fair stand.

They do now though... in the smart phone age... paypal and square have made a plug in card reader that you just plug into your phone, and viola', you can scan cards. But I know what you mean. I usually take cash to knitting conventions as a way to curb my spending.... once I'm out of cash, I'm done shopping!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Our farmers markets are actually open year ‘round, rain or shine, and the closest one is just 5 minutes away every Saturday from 9a-1p...!!! :)

I cannot wait for the farmers markets to open. I'm so looking forward to a fridge full of fresh produce again! When you eat organic, the off season seems harder to get the good stuff. Like Granny Smith apples are small and taste funny right now, but they were amazing all fall.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Giggle. They might return her. ;)

Love Park Fare! Don't forget the Strawberry Soup.

Definitely planning on the Strawberry Soup!!

My son through elementary and middle school had 2 choices in his mind. Cheese Pizza or Peanut Butter sandwich, no crust. He preferred Pizza. Being a Mom for most of those years that worked outside the home I caved early on. I ordered a large Pizza every Sunday evening sliced Pie Cut. Enough for every lunch box each week day. Done.

Well that's brilliant!! I'm going to try that!! I never thought about just buying a pizza specifically for lunches!!

Figgy1

Premium Member
I cannot wait for the farmers markets to open. I'm so looking forward to a fridge full of fresh produce again! When you eat organic, the off season seems harder to get the good stuff. Like Granny Smith apples are small and taste funny right now, but they were amazing all fall.
The like is for having a farm market not everybody does. I'm sorry about your apple situation, we got some smaller but yummy ones this week

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
We have a really good one here that does both but :greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy: we also have a really good inexpensive Chinese(gf) place but it's a bit of a ride to get to without me being able to make what we want more quickly.

We used to have a really great Chinese food restaurant we loved but then we moved across town and it's not worth the drive any longer. I love Chinese takeout

12in12

Our passports for standard non expedited service say 4-6 weeks, but I just got a tracking number for them, which puts them at 3 weeks right now. Not bad. Now I just have to decide where to go next!
You know London is very nice, plus if you come the last week of June/first week of July I'll be in Bali so you can stay in my studio.
Full disclosure it is on the third floor with no lift and only 355 square feet but in zone 2 and next door to a tube station.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom