Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

CaptainAmerica

There is always these invisible fans that come out of the woodwork when attractions are going away.
Must be the same folks who claim that Maelstrom was regularly a 40+ minute wait. Spoiler alert: it wasn't.

My biggest problem with GMR was the cast members. They just didn't have the talent necessary to pull it off. They were playing the role of gangster and they acted as if they were in a junior high adaptation of Glee. I know it's not PC or whatever but the gangster role should have been men only and they should have been coached in the classic films of that genre. Otherwise it's just cringey for the audience to be watching sad cosplay. Completely breaks the narrative of traveling into the movies.

(To be clear, the tour guide role works equally well as a man or woman, and various personality types.)

ThistleMae

Must be the same folks who claim that Maelstrom was regularly a 40+ minute wait. Spoiler alert: it wasn't.

My biggest problem with GMR was the cast members. They just didn't have the talent necessary to pull it off. They were playing the role of gangster and they acted as if they were in a junior high adaptation of Glee. I know it's not PC or whatever but the gangster role should have been men only and they should have been coached in the classic films of that genre. Otherwise it's just cringey for the audience to be watching sad cosplay. Completely breaks the narrative of traveling into the movies.

(To be clear, the tour guide role works equally well as a man or woman, and various personality types.)
That was the biggest issue with the whole ride? Not too picky are you?

CaptainAmerica

That was the biggest issue with the whole ride? Not too picky are you?
Feel free to disagree but I don't think it's picky at all. The ride was half-ride, half-tour. Crappy tour guides can absolutely ruin a tour. It's not like a Space Mountain cast member where they make sure you're buckled and then send you on your way. They actively participated in the experience in a way unlike any other attraction besides Jungle Cruise.

solidyne

Gotta admit, it was cringey at times.

FigmentFan82

Sigh....You ever notice that around say Christmas week when the parks are busting at the seems with people, that attractions like SSE, Small World, Under the Sea, etc. which would normally have a 15 min or less wait time suddenly explode to a 60+ minute wait? (SSE Christmas week was a 100+ minutes at some points).

If you have capacity when there is excess demand, said capacity will be fully utilized (Regardless of wether you like the item providing capacity or not).
1 Week at max capacity vs 51 weeks not. Yup, math checks out.

FigmentFan82

So you don’t think SWGE is going to keep DHS packed to the gills for months?
I'm the type of person that likes to ride all the attractions, and some always had a nostalgic place in my heart. I have been to WDW many times with people who I ask if they want to go on a certain attraction and will say "pass" and I think that there are in fact a lot of people like that. People that will simply not go on certain attractions, even if the park is busy. People that would rather sit on a bench and people-watch in between the times they wait to go on things they're interested in. Take that for what it is, but if GMR was still open when SWGE opens, I know for a fact that certain people I know would still pass on riding it if the park was slammed. (p.s. I always loved GMR, rode it last in 2016. Liked because of fond memories, definitely past it's prime. Would refurb have been cool? Yeah. Excited for something new? Yes)

ppet

Definitely agree with you about the Cast members role. Like skippers on Jungle cruise, a good tour guide/gangster or outlaw could take the ride up a notch. When you get a less talented or interested one the whole thing falls apart. Disagree about Maelstrom, I have experienced 40 minute waits multiple times.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I'm the type of person that likes to ride all the attractions, and some always had a nostalgic place in my heart. I have been to WDW many times with people who I ask if they want to go on a certain attraction and will say "pass" and I think that there are in fact a lot of people like that. People that will simply not go on certain attractions, even if the park is busy. People that would rather sit on a bench and people-watch in between the times they wait to go on things they're interested in. Take that for what it is, but if GMR was still open when SWGE opens, I know for a fact that certain people I know would still pass on riding it if the park was slammed. (p.s. I always loved GMR, rode it last in 2016. Liked because of fond memories, definitely past it's prime. Would refurb have been cool? Yeah. Excited for something new? Yes)

Capacity is capacity. People will naturally propagate to areas and attractions that have excess capacity when demand is high. Of course there will be some people that avoid certain attractions because of personal preference, but that is the exception rather than the norm.

Goofyernmost

I’m not trying to change anyone’s mind. I just wanted to state my how I felt about your post.

You can think whatever you want, but it is also my right to disagree with your thoughts when you post them in a pubic forum.

Enjoy your day.
Funny thing.... This will surprise you, but, unless you explain why, then your snot comment about how wrong I am is nothing but a bunch of words. They mean nothing to me at all. Never said you couldn't disagree, but, it's meaningless if stated by itself without a counterpoint.

Disney Analyst

No one (hardly) argues that.

The argument is that MMRR should have been a new build elsewhere and GMR should have been overhauled.

It’s annoying like... build the ride somewhere, and keep GMR as the legacy MGM attraction.

They could have even redone scenes slowly at a time to save money and left the ride open, just throw some screens and projectors up and show clips while they redo a section.

Agh.

PorterRedkey

Funny thing.... This will surprise you, but, unless you explain why, then your snot comment about how wrong I am is nothing but a bunch of words. They mean nothing to me at all. Never said you couldn't disagree, but, it's meaningless if stated by itself without a counterpoint.
Everything on here is a bunch a words.

I would debate you but I think I would have better luck debating with a tree.

I wasted too much time on your silly post anyways. I hope you have a great rest of your day. 🙂

The Grand Inquisitor

Non-dairy, plant-based "milk" that will be similar to a soy, almond, coconut or rice "milk". So its going to be an opaque mystery in a presumably clear plastic cup. It'll be a hit with the vegan and lactose intolerant, but its going to be a pass for me.. I'll stick to a num-num with real bovine milk or a beer.
So that's what blue milk is going to be ? 😕

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom