Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

huis14

I apologize for asking a question that has probably already been answered in this thread a hundred times...BUT...my family has a trip planned this year for July 27-August 5, does anyone think there is a chance this ride will be up and running by then?

TBrass84

I apologize for asking a question that has probably already been answered in this thread a hundred times...BUT...my family has a trip planned this year for July 27-August 5, does anyone think there is a chance this ride will be up and running by then?
I honestly think it will. At least I hope it will. I'm going to be there the same time you are, so you know you got at least one other person praying for those dates lol. I just don't see them waiting until after SWGE. SWGE will steal away any thunder from MMRR opening up afterwards. The only way MMRR gets its due is to open first and have some of the limelight for a little bit.

ThistleMae

It’s annoying like... build the ride somewhere, and keep GMR as the legacy MGM attraction.

They could have even redone scenes slowly at a time to save money and left the ride open, just throw some screens and projectors up and show clips while they redo a section.

Agh.
That would have been great...but it's gone. I found a utube video someone took, which takes you through the whole ride, I kept it for nostalgia, and no it's not the same as riding but it's something.

ThistleMae

Everything on here is a bunch a words.

I would debate you but I think I would have better luck debating with a tree.

I wasted too much time on your silly post anyways. I hope you have a great rest of your day. 🙂
I hardly ever post regarding comments such as this one, but I've also never seen such rude comments on a thread. It's one thing to debate a point, and another to target a poster.
Sorry to Goofyernmost...I don't think you deserved this type of response.

eddie104

Well one issue is a severe lack of talent in Orlando. All you gotta do is look at some face characters to know WDW has slim pickings.
I understand that talent might not be easy to come by versus Cali but like was said before they can pull people from everywhere. So stop saying Orlando because some people move here just to work at Disney.

Last edited:

ThistleMae

Really, there are no good actors to be found for the ride? I found the gals I experienced to do a nice job. This isn't live theater, where folks have years of experience performing in plays. I didn't find the acting detracted from the ride whatsoever. And to say the pickings are slim and that's why the acting was "substandard" is a bit exaggerated...of course I must add IMO.

Jones14

GMR had such a varying range of quality when it comes to performance because Disney refused to use actors as the hosts and gangsters in order to save money.

The actors’ union agreement with Disney would have required each performer to be paid about twice as much and to have more breaks throughout the day than an attractions host, so Disney called the script a spiel and pretended that they were asking no more of the hosts than the people checking seatbelts at Star Tours.

ThistleMae

GMR had such a varying range of quality when it comes to performance because Disney refused to use actors as the hosts and gangsters in order to save money.

The actors’ union agreement with Disney would have required each performer to be paid about twice as much and to have more breaks throughout the day than an attractions host, so Disney called the script a spiel and pretended that they were asking no more of the hosts than the people checking seatbelts at Star Tours.
Whatever the situation, it didn't detract from the ride as far as I'm concerned. I loved the ride and thought the CM's did a nice job. Moving on.

PorterRedkey

I hardly ever post regarding comments such as this one, but I've also never seen such rude comments on a thread. It's one thing to debate a point, and another to target a poster.
Sorry to Goofyernmost...I don't think you deserved this type of response.
The user I spoke of is known for being frustrating to debate because he always changing the issue/goalposts or just plain denies facts.
If you feel my comment is inappropriate, please use the report button. That way admin can look at it and take it down if they want.
Yes and the passive aggressive "hope you have a nice day" argh!
I really do hope he has a great day! You too! Everyone should have a great day, but I thought since he seemed angry to me, maybe he needed to have one more than other people. I also did that to show him I was not angry with him even if he was angry with me.
If I wanted to be passive aggressive I would have written “Bless your heart”.

tirian

Eh, I think that's a cop-out. My Disneyland Jungle Cruise skippers weren't any better than what I get at WDW. It's not like GMR was Frozen Live at the Hyperion.
True, I haven’t found the spieling CMs or entertainers at DL to be appreciably better than WDW except for the Hyperion Theatre show at DCA.

TrojanUSC

My dream ever since I was 6 was to be Mugsy in the ride. I had all of his/her lines memorized in 2012, and recently in high school have entered the theater department. But nope... They had to close it. :(

It was a shame, when I started at the company GMR had the longest, by far, waiting list of any attraction on property. CMs, largely, were selected after an interview with recruiting. By the end it was mostly international and college program cast members who were never screened to see if they could spiel, let alone do it well.

Universal always had "spiel" pay, where team members who had to do long scrips (Jaws) would make a bit more. It was their way of ensuring those jobs were competitive and they got only the best front line people in them.

AugieMorosco

I honestly think it will. At least I hope it will. I'm going to be there the same time you are, so you know you got at least one other person praying for those dates lol. I just don't see them waiting until after SWGE. SWGE will steal away any thunder from MMRR opening up afterwards. The only way MMRR gets its due is to open first and have some of the limelight for a little bit.

Three of us all rooting for it! I am July 21-28, so a little earlier, but remaining cautiously optimistic. My wishful logic says they want it to have the spotlight for a bit, they'll want to work out the kinks before SWGE, and they'll need it to eat crowds, so it should be open at least a few weeks prior (though I will need it open more than a month prior to get in). I have yet to see anything remotely definitive for opening info, but SWGE dates threw everyone for a loop, so MMRR could too!

scottieRoss

The user I spoke of is known for being frustrating to debate because he always changing the issue/goalposts or just plain denies facts.
If you feel my comment is inappropriate, please use the report button. That way admin can look at it and take it down if they want.

I really do hope he has a great day! You too! Everyone should have a great day, but I thought since he seemed angry to me, maybe he needed to have one more than other people. I also did that to show him I was not angry with him even if he was angry with me.
If I wanted to be passive aggressive I would have written: “Bless your heart”.

And almost every post you have made is a logical fallacy. Either Ad Hominem attacks (this is where you attack the person on the other side of the argument, instead of countering the argument with facts), strawmen (building an argument that is easily defended but not relevant to the point raised by your "sparring partner") or other minor fallacies

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom