Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

monothingie

Official Lowerer of $DIS stock price
Premium Member
As far as capacity goes.. even if it could handle 10000 people an hour and only 200 were riding it, the capacity numbers are useless.

Sigh....You ever notice that around say Christmas week when the parks are busting at the seems with people, that attractions like SSE, Small World, Under the Sea, etc. which would normally have a 15 min or less wait time suddenly explode to a 60+ minute wait? (SSE Christmas week was a 100+ minutes at some points).

If you have capacity when there is excess demand, said capacity will be fully utilized (Regardless of wether you like the item providing capacity or not).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You don’t think “sorry, Batuu is full but you’re welcome to visit any of our shows you’ve seen 37 times or ride a Hot Box of Death over to O’ Canada” will be satisfactory? I mean Martin Short is objectively > Daisy Ridley. Once they get Impressions de Belle and the Craperie open, fuggetaboutit.

Don't forget the Space Restaurant and the new Japanese restaurant! Once people hear that Epcot has restaurants, how are you going to keep them away?!!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Well,.given the calibur of food offerings at DHS, that may actually have some validity.... I mean, you can only have so much blue milk... Right?

Non-dairy, plant-based "milk" that will be similar to a soy, almond, coconut or rice "milk". So its going to be an opaque mystery in a presumably clear plastic cup. It'll be a hit with the vegan and lactose intolerant, but its going to be a pass for me.. I'll stick to a num-num with real bovine milk or a beer.

Goofyernmost

I still wanted to ride it! Actually, I got a last ride when I was there just before it closed. I was so glad I got to take the ride one last time. And yes, I do like new rides as well. And yes, it is a reason for me to go to DHS...because other than Toy Story Mania, there was nothing left there I wanted to see or experience. Now, there will be quite a few new things I can try. I imagine it must get a little boring, if nothing ever changes. Part of the fun is experiencing new things.
A lot of us still wanted to ride it. The problem is that those of us that wanted to ride it are not a big enough number to save it. If more wanted to I guarantee it would still be there. It's all in the numbers. I probably have ridden that a dozen or more times, but, I am really looking forward to the Railroad. It looks like fun and I can't wait... something new that looks like fun. I think Star Wars is going to be a great new attraction(s), but, if I can stay healthy it might be awhile before I even try to tackle SW. Chances are the time will run out for me, in the form of ability, but, I don't care about Star Wars enough to stand in line for hours. I will try my best to get to MMRR.

Goofyernmost

Sigh....You ever notice that around say Christmas week when the parks are busting at the seems with people, that attractions like SSE, Small World, Under the Sea, etc. which would normally have a 15 min or less wait time suddenly explode to a 60+ minute wait? (SSE Christmas week was a 100+ minutes at some points).

If you have capacity when there is excess demand, said capacity will be fully utilized (Regardless of wether you like the item providing capacity or not).
Read what I wrote again. Of course those fill up because there is nothing else to do. But, there will be a huge number of people that go to the park strictly for Star Wars. They are not interested in anything else. They will spend their time in line at SWL or at the pool. The capacity will not matter in that case because that large influx of people will have a target and will head straight for it and not leave the queue line for anything short of a heart attack. It comes under the heading of people cannot be two places at once. Would the demand have gone up for GMR? Sure, but, in my opinion it will be a lot less then you might think. There are three other parks to go to if they can't get in for SW. Once in, they are not going to go anywhere but Star Wars. There will be a line at MMRR as well, but, at least that has the possibility of being a lot less then what will be in the back corner of the park.

monothingie

Premium Member
Read what I wrote again. Of course those fill up because there is nothing else to do. But, there will be a huge number of people that go to the park strictly for Star Wars. They are not interested in anything else. They will spend their time in line at SWL or at the pool. The capacity will not matter in that case because that large influx of people will have a target and will head straight for it and not leave the queue line for anything short of a heart attack. It comes under the heading of people cannot be two places at once. Would the demand have gone up for GMR? Sure, but, in my opinion it will be a lot less then you might think. There are three other parks to go to if they can't get in for SW. Once in, they are not going to go anywhere but Star Wars. There will be a line at MMRR as well, but, at least that has the possibility of being a lot less then what will be in the back corner of the park.
Yes I agree you don’t know what you’re talking about.

eddie104

Everyone mourning the loss of GMR, has to try and gasp the idea that no one was wanting to ride it anymore. It was down to half capacity almost all the time for the last few years. As far as capacity goes.. even if it could handle 10000 people an hour and only 200 were riding it, the capacity numbers are useless. The only people that it would help with concerning SWL would be if people had FP and could afford to spend time at other attractions, however, when that place opens up without FP at all, no one will be able to leave the line to go to those other attractions without losing their place in line. They are not going to budge from that spot so 47 different attractions with high capacity are not going to draw them away. They will only be looking for something else after they have finally applied for Social Security due to the time spent in line and experienced what SWL has to offer before they venture back out into the park. If they didn't like GMR before they are not going to like it any better now, so without something new in the other parts, they will just leave the park. If there is something new there to see, they will stay.
There is always these invisible fans that come out of the woodwork when attractions are going away. Evidently Guest surveys were not very high for this ride so Disney got rid of it. Some say it was due to years of neglect but with the direction DHS is going it makes less and less sense to have kept it open just for some nostalgic reasons.

Goofyernmost

Yes I agree you don’t know what you’re talking about.
Garsh... I sure wish I was as clairvoyant as you. But, it really doesn't matter GMR is gone away and it ain't coming back, so all this discussion about it is totally without any consequence. I might be right or you might be right, but, what does it matter. They don't pay us to guide them.

BTW, I have to wonder which one of us doesn't know what we're talking about. I know I never mentioned that nor did I say anything insulting about what you said. All I did was tell you what my opinion was and the reason for it, as is my usual method.

monothingie

Premium Member
Garsh... I sure wish I was as clairvoyant as you. But, it really doesn't matter GMR is gone away and it ain't coming back, so all this discussion about it is totally without any consequence. I might be right or you might be right, but, what does it matter. They don't pay us to guide them.

BTW, I have to wonder which one of us doesn't know what we're talking about. I know I never mentioned that nor did I say anything insulting about what you said. All I did was tell you what my opinion was and the reason for it, as is my usual method.

Look at the net effect that Pandora had on the rest of DAK, or to an extent NFL had on the MK. Attendance numbers showed these additions had a significant affect on the parks, but minimal on others at the time of introduction. The parks with the new stuff will always be more crowded and it appears that it doesn’t correlate to other parks being busier. If it weren’t for the fact that DHS is so small and there being a phased opening, I’m really split on how drastically it will affect the other parks. The bottom line is everything, even the bathrooms are going to need switchbacks installed at DHS to accommodate everyone going. Everything that offers some type of capacity is going to be maxed out regardless of the perception of the attraction.

It’s going to be a hoot seeing a 60+ minute wait for Muppetvision 3D.

yensidtlaw1969

There is always these invisible fans that come out of the woodwork when attractions are going away. Evidently Guest surveys were not very high for this ride so Disney got rid of it. Some say it was due to years of neglect but with the direction DHS is going it makes less and less sense to have kept it open just for some nostalgic reasons.
Reportedly, the closure of The Great Movie Ride had less to do with Guest Surveys and more to do with it being an expensive attraction to run. The Fire Effects were especially costly, and staffing the ride with live cast members throughout didn't help either.

Personally, I would have been fine losing these particular elements if their loss came with an updated attraction that made up for their absence - it's not like the concept was bogus, or that there have been no great movies since 1989 that could have been tagged in to replace some of the less exciting moments. But, alas.

PorterRedkey

Everyone mourning the loss of GMR, has to try and gasp the idea that no one was wanting to ride it anymore. It was down to half capacity almost all the time for the last few years. As far as capacity goes.. even if it could handle 10000 people an hour and only 200 were riding it, the capacity numbers are useless. The only people that it would help with concerning SWL would be if people had FP and could afford to spend time at other attractions, however, when that place opens up without FP at all, no one will be able to leave the line to go to those other attractions without losing their place in line. They are not going to budge from that spot so 47 different attractions with high capacity are not going to draw them away. They will only be looking for something else after they have finally applied for Social Security due to the time spent in line and experienced what SWL has to offer before they venture back out into the park. If they didn't like GMR before they are not going to like it any better now, so without something new in the other parts, they will just leave the park. If there is something new there to see, they will stay.
Hmmm... No.

ThistleMae

A lot of us still wanted to ride it. The problem is that those of us that wanted to ride it are not a big enough number to save it. If more wanted to I guarantee it would still be there. It's all in the numbers. I probably have ridden that a dozen or more times, but, I am really looking forward to the Railroad. It looks like fun and I can't wait... something new that looks like fun. I think Star Wars is going to be a great new attraction(s), but, if I can stay healthy it might be awhile before I even try to tackle SW. Chances are the time will run out for me, in the form of ability, but, I don't care about Star Wars enough to stand in line for hours. I will try my best to get to MMRR.
We think alike!

PorterRedkey

Oh, well, that's different then. Thank for enlightening me. How could I have possibly thought that way. I am indeed humbled.
I’m not trying to change anyone’s mind. I just wanted to state my how I felt about your post.

You can think whatever you want, but it is also my right to disagree with your thoughts when you post them in a pubic forum.

Enjoy your day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom