Rumor Version of MaxPass coming to WDW in May?

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Why does this value the on site guest? They should still be able to book before off site guests, no?

The number of available “free” passes would be significantly lower in favor of more “paid” fast passes. More people looking for less fast passes.

So even though you can bookFP 60 days out, the paid option gives you some FP availability even if the FP booked at the 60 day window are exhausted.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Never going to happen. Significantly devalued free option, sure. But I think they will always want a free tier to give people a taste.

This could always backfire depending on any perceived over reach of price. It’s also something that many guests may only use intermittently. Meaning if they stay for 7 days they will use it for 3.

Missyrosek

This could always backfire depending on any perceived over reach of price. It’s also something that many guests may only use intermittently. Meaning if they stay for 7 days they will use it for 3.
What would Disney care if that guest is still staying for seven days? Or even if that guest leaves after their three paid FP days, that just means Disney can move in someone else willing to pay for four more days of FP (or seven days).

Bostb71

The extra club level passes that you can purchase now require you to purchase them for all nights of your stay I'm lying

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Is the expectation that this would be something marketed to the masses at a moderate price point or an ultra-VIP service for the heavy hitters? I'd much rather it be the latter. If it's really good and really expensive, it'll dilute the impact it has on the rest of folks. If it's priced similarly to MaxPass, it's going to end up screwing people who don't purchase it.

IMDREW

It does give me at least a bit of hope of ever getting a fastpass for FOP, ROTR and MFSR. I already accepted I’d never get a fastpass for one of those, but if the price isn’t too high it does sound very appealing.

@marni1971 will you be able to get just 1 fastpass for an attraction of choice, or will it be full packages forcing you to pay a more premium price? To obtain that one fastpass you’d like? Ofcourse understand if you can’t clarify for now..

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
What would Disney care if that guest is still staying for seven days? Or even if that guest leaves after their three paid FP days, that just means Disney can move in someone else willing to pay for four more days of FP (or seven days).

The current system allows guests to book FP for the entire length of their trip 60 days out at no additional cost. When the paid offerings hit, guest participating in the program may choose not to utilize the paid offerings each day, maybe use them for only 3 out the 7 days they stay. This leaves additional availability for other guests to choose from.

disneyflush

In the past it would have made very little sense for Disney to want big wait times, inflated wait times even. But if this is marketed to the masses (as I assume it will be) as part of a standard-type park ticket then the driving 'need' to pay the additional charge is baked into big wait times. I would hate to be in the position of staffing an attraction at a reduced level (given a choice) because I have some metric/goal set by my bosses to keep wait times at a certain level, regardless of crowd size. I understand this is 'INDUSTRY STANDARD' now but I hope it doesn't play into any staffing decisions that work against the optimal guest experience.

Creathir

To clarify a few things, since I now can:

“Free” FP will still be available as they are now. However they may not be free for the more popular attractions, or the ratio of “free” fast passes for the more popular attractions may be reduced. The ratio may be fluid, or alter over time. You may find you can’t get a “free” fastpass for Mine Train since they’ve “all run out” but you may then magically be able to pay for one.

There may be at least three different packages of paid fast pass available. As I understand it there maybe a limit on re rides (no more fast passing BTM then getting another one in the same day) depending on the product purchased.

This may be implemented on the newest and shiniest attractions first, once said attractions begin to take fastpass. The ratio here will possibly start quite low in favour of free passes and slowly change.

This may happen later this year.
So this is going to be an unpopular opinion, but I don’t mind this.

The crowd levels are getting unbearable really, and Disney keeps increasing costs and the levels keep going up.

There is only so much they can do. There are really 2 solutions: build more attractions to eat up more of the demand (requires more capex and operational costs, meaning less profit) or charge more money.

I hate waiting in lines. FP is annoying in how I have to schedule my ride (where’s the spontaneity in that?!?) but at least I can skip the line on some rides.

If I’m there with limited time, and I can afford to pay to skip the line, sounds great to me.

I understand it seems unfair, but many can’t even afford the cost of admission, let alone the cost of additional FP premium charges.

Disney has to do something about the lines. Keeping the experience as it is today just flat out doesn’t work well for new rides everyone wants to go on. So people miss out on riding the ride completely or have a miserable time standing in line for 3 hours.

Honestly, this seems like the equitable approach, and if it means I have to shell out a few more bucks on trips when time is more critical than others, or if I’ve got multiple people in the party with conflicting “favorites”, this seems reasonable to me.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It does give me at least a bit of hope of ever getting a fastpass for FOP, ROTR and MFSR. I already accepted I’d never get a fastpass for one of those, but if the price isn’t too high it does sound very appealing.

@marni1971 will you be able to get just 1 fastpass for an attraction of choice, or will it be full packages forcing you to pay a more premium price? To obtain that one fastpass you’d like? Ofcourse understand if you can’t clarify for now..
One “package” will possibly be for single passes.

CaptainAmerica

So this is going to be an unpopular opinion, but I don’t mind this.

The crowd levels are getting unbearable really, and Disney keeps increasing costs and the levels keep going up.

There is only so much they can do. There are really 2 solutions: build more attractions to eat up more of the demand (requires more capex and operational costs, meaning less profit) or charge more money.

I hate waiting in lines. FP is annoying in how I have to schedule my ride (where’s the spontaneity in that?!?) but at least I can skip the line on some rides.

If I’m there with limited time, and I can afford to pay to skip the line, sounds great to me.

I understand it seems unfair, but many can’t even afford the cost of admission, let alone the cost of additional FP premium charges.

Disney has to do something about the lines. Keeping the experience as it is today just flat out doesn’t work well for new rides everyone wants to go on. So people miss out on riding the ride completely or have a miserable time standing in line for 3 hours.

Honestly, this seems like the equitable approach, and if it means I have to shell out a few more bucks on trips when time is more critical than others, or if I’ve got multiple people in the party with conflicting “favorites”, this seems reasonable to me.
They should just raise prices (more), period. Rather than sell a $20 upcharge to half of the people, just raise prices another $10 for all of the people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom