Rumor Version of MaxPass coming to WDW in May?

mikejs78

Premium Member
If I worked at Disney and was charged with monetizing FP, I think I'd take a more gradual approach that would be less likely to upset guests.

First, given what's coming to the parks over the next couple of years, I would just keep adding things to tier 1 and not take any away (except maybe AS2 at DHS).

Second, I'd keep the 3 FP system as it exists today.

Third, I would create a bunch of add-on packages to enhance what is available today. Staying onsite and want a 90 day window? We have a package for that. Staying off-site and want a 45 day window? We have one for that. Want to be able to reserve two tier-1 FPs? Want an additional 3 FPs? Want FPs at multiple parks? Want FPs for both SW rides?

There would be plenty of opportunities to monetize without being perceived as taking a benefit away. That's what they would do if they were smart.

IMDREW

Of the potential cost increases?
Potential cost increases, how it gets harder and harder to ride the popular rides, how people with more money get it all and people with less get a lesser experience. I know that's always been the case, but I'm afraid this will make you feel it in the parks. I'm starting to get maxed out myself. I know standby will still be available. But it just seems so unfair for some to get 5-10 fast passes for e-tickets and others 1 for C, B or A-tickets.

Of course there is the possibility less people will make use of the system now, allowing for better flowing standby queues. So lets hope for that. Though I've got my doubts about that.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney needs to cannibalize attendance at MK and will need to at HS. There is no way for Disney to handle the growth they will experience without lots of additions at the current 4 parks and a 5th gate. Can you imagine 75 million people or more in the current 4 parks, even with addictions in all of them? I can and it's not a pretty sight.

I’m not entirely sure there will be the “growth” you’re predicting...but it would have to be in the Range you’re predicting to put another gate on the table...

What would they want first? Capacity at the 4 each day...combined with maybe some smaller, low cost diversion areas.

Ironically what Eisner wanted...at a lower price. And was tossed out for in many ways

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If I worked at Disney and was charged with monetizing FP, I think I'd take a more gradual approach that would be less likely to upset guests.

First, given what's coming to the parks over the next couple of years, I would just keep adding things to tier 1 and not take any away (except maybe AS2 at DHS).

Second, I'd keep the 3 FP system as it exists today.

Third, I would create a bunch of add-on packages to enhance what is available today. Staying onsite and want a 90 day window? We have a package for that. Staying off-site and want a 45 day window? We have one for that. Want to be able to reserve two tier-1 FPs? Want an additional 3 FPs? Want FPs at multiple parks? Want FPs for both SW rides?

There would be plenty of opportunities to monetize without being perceived as taking a benefit away. That's what they would do if they were smart.

Bob iger is close to retirement...his name isn’t “Disney”...and he has probably 1/5th emotional attachment to it that his evil predecessor does...

You have to accept this change in philosophy anytime you judge “upsetting guests”

Does it actually apply?

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Of course there is the possibility less people will make use of the system now, allowing for better flowing standby queues. So lets hope for that. Though I've got my doubts about that.

Just keep in mind, when there are less people using FP, there are more people using standby. Yes there will be better flow, but you will be waiting a longer time to get on. Never mind the fact that everyone previously had free access to the FP shortcut.

It's similar to the analogy of would you rather wait in stopped traffic for 5 minutes, or heavy moving traffic for 10 minutes.

seascape

I’m not entirely sure there will be the “growth” you’re predicting...but it would have to be in the Range you’re predicting to put another gate on the table...

What would they want first? Capacity at the 4 each day...combined with maybe some smaller, low cost diversion areas.

Ironically what Eisner wanted...at a lower price. And was tossed out for in many ways
I have consistently said enlarge the 4 parks first. If done correctly they can handle 60 to 65 million in attendance before reaching gridlock. Just picture the path between IASW and PPF. WDW never should have stopped the theater and MK needs another people eater near Splash Mountain but I would build a new land going west and circling back around HM and rejoining the park by Pinocchios bathrooms, which would be moved. MK needs to be able to handle at least 5 million more customers a year.

IMDREW

Just keep in mind, when there are less people using FP, there are more people using standby. Yes there will be better flow, but you will be waiting a longer time to get on. Never mind the fact that everyone previously had free access to the FP shortcut.

It's similar to the analogy of would you rather wait in stopped traffic for 5 minutes, or heavy moving traffic for 10 minutes.
And I guess there'll also be people who can afford riding that ride 3 times back to back with payed fast passes while I'm waiting for a chance to even ride it one time. :(

Rebel_

I’ve been dangling at the edge of Disneydom since those dumb FPP rolled on to the scene. Once they found most wont bail over rationing the rides they’ve found out we are dumb enough to PAY for our rations. They are a smart bunch. But I aim to play smarter.
There are a lot of other destinations for my vacation dollars.

phi2134

What impact do people think this will have on the DAS pass or what impact does it have in other parks that implemented something like this ? Will we have to buy a fastpass option to say Smugglers Run and then we will be able to get the DAS option there?

Surferboy567

Shifting though 15 pages of thread seems like a lot of work...I'm going in Jan 2020 can someone give me a description of this new system as well as the effect it will have on Fastpass + as it is now...Galaxy's Edge will (obviously) be a priority for us

Notes from Neverland

Shifting though 15 pages of thread seems like a lot of work...I'm going in Jan 2020 can someone give me a description of this new system as well as the effect it will have on Fastpass + as it is now...Galaxy's Edge will (obviously) be a priority for us
Nothing known or official yet. Changes likely coming but we don't know what they are.

phi2134

You'll have to pay to get through the lines quicker on the bigger rides...thats the most important thing to remember. im just throwing these numbers out...but lets say you have a family of 4 and now fast passes have an upcharge of $25 bucks a day for a certain package. If you stay for six days be prepared to add $600 on to your trips budget, if you want fastpasses for the bigger rides.

I am Timmy

I'd say this is true of MOST changes they make -- and has been true for a long time. Some people have booked their trips 11 mos. out (DVC) and have made ADRs at 6 mos. out, then FP at 30 or 60 days out. Can definitely be irritating at times. Curious how far in advance you think they should have to announce changes, though? 6 mos.? 11 mos.?
There was a time when Disney made announcements in a timely manner, giving a heads up by at least 6mo. AT LEAST. Now it's more like they will be closing a ride in 3 weeks forever. It isn't about having to, they clearly don't. But, I would say it's about allowing their fans to get in one more trip to enjoy that attraction that will be gone. Like they used to. I get changes have to happen, and business decisions are made to make money. What I am confused about is the way they choose to do these things now - announcing them with too little time to digest, let alone make changes to our plans. I feel a, "surprise moment every time I log in now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom