Rumor Version of MaxPass coming to WDW in May?

AndyS2992

Haven't read the whole thread so I apologise if this has already been brought up but Disneyland Paris has premium 'Ultimate Fastpass'. There's the 'One Time' pass which gives you a punch card with all the FP attractions which get ticked off as you ride them and then there's the 'Unlimited' pass where you get a wrist band and can enter the FP line as many times as you want like Universal's Express pass. You can use standard FP on top of the one time pass too. I can see something a long these lines being offered at WDW.
carwash-fastpass-new-range_uk-livres-sterling_w18s19_tcm752-179329.png

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Haven't read the whole thread so I apologise if this has already been brought up but Disneyland Paris has premium 'Ultimate Fastpass'. There's the 'One Time' pass which gives you a punch card with all the FP attractions which get ticked off as you ride them and then there's the 'Unlimited' pass where you get a wrist band and can enter the FP line as many times as you want like Universal's Express pass. You can use standard FP on top of the one time pass too. I can see something a long these lines being offered at WDW.

Fork me! I paid how much to get into this place, and now they want me to double that just to ride anything in a reasonable timeframe???

RSoxNo1

I can respect these opinions even if I disagree. For me personally, FP works well. I get the hard to get rides at 60+ and the rest I get day of... I can even get almost all the ones day of because they do drop more same day. But everyone feels differently and how FP contributes or detracts from the experience is a legitimate point of debate.

What I generally object to is the assertion that FP makes standby longer, because that's not a matter of opinion, it's objectively and demonstrably false.
"I can even get almost all the ones day of because they do drop more" - Isn't this conceding that the legacy rules were better?

Fastpass absolutely makes standby longer. This isn't a point of debate it's a fact. What it doesn't do is make the average time a guest rides longer.

I'll use simplified numbers, but the concept is sound.
  • 2/3rds of guests ride an attraction with Fastpass+
  • 1/3rd of guests ride an attraction from Standby
  • The Fastpass guests wait 10 minutes to ride the attraction
  • The Standby guests wait 60 minutes to ride the attraction
  • The average wait time for all guests is 26.6 minutes
The problem is that as the wait time increases, fewer and fewer guests are willing to wait standby and that further complicates the math.

RSoxNo1

That's fine, but it's a different debate than the one I was responding to.
What's your point then? You're defending how there's a bunch of availability but half of the "attractions" you listed didn't have Fastpass under legacy rules. More importantly, the marquee attractions are so limited in same day availability that any spur of the moment activity requires a major roll of the dice.
There is a slight net line-reducing effect of FP+ because some rides would operate well below their capacity without it. FP+ helps ensure that all the Small World boats are full, which keeps folks out of line for the Mountains.
Hey @lentesta, have the wait times for the Mountains decreased since Fastpass+ debuted?

BalooChicago

I love MP at DL. MP is so much better than FP+, as someone said it’s a return to the spontaneous days of the original FP. The only thing MP is missing (in DL) is magicbands - using the app is clunky and people just aren’t good at it.

My parents, siblings, and I, including our families go to WDW every-other-year. We have since we drove the ol’ Station wagon down in the late 70s. We’re a group of 13. FastPass+ makes our WDW experience significantly worse. Try planning FP for 13 people 60 days out (even just to figure out which parks which day is impossible)

I’ve been pushing to change our trip to DL because of it.

lentesta

Premium Member
What's your point then? You're defending how there's a bunch of availability but half of the "attractions" you listed didn't have Fastpass under legacy rules. More importantly, the marquee attractions are so limited in same day availability that any spur of the moment activity requires a major roll of the dice.

Hey @lentesta, have the wait times for the Mountains decreased since Fastpass+ debuted?

The last time we checked, yes. @CaptainAmerica is right. FP+ is distributing guests more evenly through the parks.

mikejs78

Premium Member
"I can even get almost all the ones day of because they do drop more" - Isn't this conceding that the legacy rules were better?

Fastpass absolutely makes standby longer. This isn't a point of debate it's a fact. What it doesn't do is make the average time a guest rides longer.

I'll use simplified numbers, but the concept is sound.
  • 2/3rds of guests ride an attraction with Fastpass+
  • 1/3rd of guests ride an attraction from Standby
  • The Fastpass guests wait 10 minutes to ride the attraction
  • The Standby guests wait 60 minutes to ride the attraction
  • The average wait time for all guests is 26.6 minutes
The problem is that as the wait time increases, fewer and fewer guests are willing to wait standby and that further complicates the math.
No but Standby was 60 minutes before and after FP. That's not conjecture, that's fact. TouringPlans did an analysis of it by looking at actual wait times and determined that standby wait times, not average of FP and Standby, stayed the same before and after FP+. No matter how anyone wants to spin it, that's fact.

Now, I happen to agree that the day of only system was better. That and tiering at every park that isn't MK are problems with the current system. But to say that it makes standby longer is demonstrably false. You can look up the numbers. On average, standby time stayed roughly the same across all attractions. It made some attractions standby time a little shorter, some a little longer, most roughly the same. I'd prefer a MaxPass like system. But I'd prefer the current system to no FP at all - that would just be miserable ...

TrojanUSC

I completely disagree. Rides do not dispatch less because of the two lines, however people are bottlenecked in standby longer at the discretion of the line switch person. This can make an insane difference in wait time. Most the time at Disneyland you see standby barely moving due to the line switch person "waiting" for more FP people to come in. If both lines had the same throughput this would not be the case though.

The rule of thumb is supposed to be 20 standby guests for every 80 FP guests.

TrojanUSC

They're getting $500/hour, on average, for VIP tours the main value of which is FP line access. Don't think WDW will be so quick to offer unlimited FPs which will eat into this very profitable, and ever expanding, business.

Indy_UK

I don't agree with them offering a type of paid fastpass but it's no different to Universals Express pass if going by the type of example the DLP has above.

Maybe getting rid of fastpasses and only offer paid versions for high amounts would help. 95% will probably use standby line and actually have the lines for rides move faster and the 5% to those who have paid, won't make any difference to the 95%

AndyS2992

Except that’s not what Maxpass is.
But Maxpass is technically already at WDW, for UK ticket holders anyway. You can already make FP reservations on your phone and 60 days out too as well as have Photopass Memory Maker which is ''free'' with all UK tickets for duration of stay so you can download pictures whenever.

Slov72

Any chance that they just institute Maxpass as it stands... meaning they remove the 60 day window, leave it as day only and charge for the use of FPs? Another option would be to give everyone 1 or 2 to book 60 days out and then pay for additional fastpasses to be used day of like maxpass.

BalooChicago

But Maxpass is technically already at WDW, for UK ticket holders anyway. You can already make FP reservations on your phone and 60 days out too as well as have Photopass Memory Maker which is ''free'' with all UK tickets for duration of stay so you can download pictures whenever.

That’s not MaxPass either.

You can only make MaxPass reservations the day of, and only while you are in the park. That’s the beauty of it.

Bartledvd

No system will be perfect for all, personally i hated the old system running to a FP terminal to see i have to wait in the park all day to ride what i want and this was when the parks had slightly lower attendance.

Current system works for me but we have 14 days worth of selections. If we only had a few days each year the we would all most certainly use EMM or AH events as spending the amount a holiday costs for disney to wait anything over an hour per ride is not worth the time or money for the experience.

MouseMelly

Doesn't that encouarge overcrowding first thing in the morning?
I haven’t really noticed that it’s any different than usual or rope drop at WDW. Maybe someone else feels differently.

And while you can’t start selections until you’re in the park, the app doesn’t operate on a geofence. So you can leave the park and still make FPs, or make them for the other park and hop.

MouseMelly

I haven’t really noticed that it’s any different than usual or rope drop at WDW. Maybe someone else feels differently.

And while you can’t start selections until you’re in the park, the app doesn’t operate on a geofence. So you can leave the park and still make FPs, or make them for the other park and hop.
But I should state that you’re at the mercy of whatever time slot is currently being distributed. So you cannot select what time you want. I still prefer this method over the 60 day selection, however. But that is one downer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom