Rumor Version of MaxPass coming to WDW in May?

olie64

That won’t happen.

What I wouldn’t be surprised with is less free fastpasses for everyone - just to give a flavour - and then options of various uocharge packages for more.

So that is what is coming down the pipeline. I'm going to guess it will be put in place by October...so its in place by SWGE opening. It will be interesting to see how they roll this out. Will it be like resort fees where if you already have booked by this date you will still get your 3 free ones.

Do you think they will put a price point for each ride, with some being more then other? Kind of like the old ticket system that has been discussed on here before. (Note I have only been going since 2013.)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So that is what is coming down the pipeline. I'm going to guess it will be put in place by October...so its in place by SWGE opening. It will be interesting to see how they roll this out. Will it be like resort fees where if you already have booked by this date you will still get your 3 free ones.

Do you think they will put a price point for each ride, with some being more then other? Kind of like the old ticket system that has been discussed on here before. (Note I have only been going since 2013.)
I can’t talk about more details, apart from this is not something that’s been decided overnight.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!

Think Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier $.

olie64

Think Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier $.

Yeah that what I am thinking to. They already have the tiers in place for all the parks minus magic kingdom. But I think it would probably be Tier 1, Tier $ and Tier $$$

If that makes since. Lower level ride will be free then each tier costing more with the e-tickets being the mos

olie64

I can’t talk about more details, apart from this is not something that’s been decided overnight.

That being said we are hopefully bring my extended family down next summer for probably their first and only trip and paid fast passes would really stink.

Disney1234

I was scrolling one of the DVC member newsfeeds this morning on Facebook and someone dropped on instagram how her and her family were able to do multiple FOP rides in one day due to something new that was coming out in May, but she couldn't go into detail just yet. Lots of comments were thinking that MaxPass will be showing up in WDW.

I searched the WDW forums and it doesn't look like this has been discussed yet. If it has, please delete and or send me to the right thread. Thx.
I actually follow this blogger and saw this mentioned on her insagram stories. In the pic she posted (where she mentions she and her family had been able to ride FOP multiple times) they were posing with a plaid CM in the pic at AK. She followed up to say in stories a bit later that, due to the amount of DM's she was getting about how that was possible, Disney had invited her and her family to try out a new experience they were going to be offering soon that she could not talk about yet. I assumed since they had a plaid in the pic with them this was going to be another exclusive VIP experience. Also interesting that she is not a Disney blogger and also mentioned they have only been to WDW only once before. I don't believe they are staying on site either but I could be wrong about that. She really hasn't posted much of her trip.

Chris82

I'm really not a fan of FastPass+ at WDW, but I loved MaxPass at Disneyland, in spite of the upcharge. This is because MaxPass feels like the traditional day-of, factor-in-the-cost-of-getting-the-fastpass, original paper-based system from before - not the "book 3 rides at 5 am 60 days in advance if you're lucky" system that drives me crazy.

I would actually love it if Disney just completely did away with FastPass pre-bookings at WDW but kept the app-based system. I kinda doubt they will, though...

iowamomof4

I actually follow this blogger and saw this mentioned on her insagram stories. In the pic she posted (where she mentions she and her family had been able to ride FOP multiple times) they were posing with a plaid CM in the pic at AK. She followed up to say in stories a bit later that, due to the amount of DM's she was getting about how that was possible, Disney had invited her and her family to try out a new experience they were going to be offering soon that she could not talk about yet. I assumed since they had a plaid in the pic with them this was going to be another exclusive VIP experience. Also interesting that she is not a Disney blogger and also mentioned they have only been to WDW only once before. I don't believe they are staying on site either but I could be wrong about that. She really hasn't posted much of her trip.
This additional information has me wondering if this could be why they haven't announced additional DAH dates beyond mid-April.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If she was there with a CM in plaid, odds are she had a VIP tour guide which is something anyone with a few grand to spare can get. They are essentially a golden fast pass that will let you go on an attraction over and over again.

Last edited:

disneyflush

If FastPass goes to paid - yes the Fastpass lines will be shorter - but I havent usually found the FP lines to be an issue or THAT long.

But the regular lines will EXPLODE as all the people that used to use the free FP and dont want to pay go to to the regular lines.

I would prefer the ability to buy ADDITIONAL Fastpasses....but needs to be expensive enough that the FP lines don't get longer to your original point.

There's an odd request: Disney please make something MORE expensive!

Iger's assistant shouting over the cubicle wall:
"Hey Bob, it seems to be working!"

LuvWDW2

If she was there with a CM in plaid, odds are she had a VIP tour guide which is something anyone with a few grand to spare can get. They are essentially a golden fast pass that will let you go on an attraction over and over again.

The key info about her knowing little about WDW leads me to believe she has no idea what’s new and what’s not.

bee

I'm confused... Can't you already book FPs on the app? After my scheduled 3 are up at WDW, I always book more through the App. I never go in search of the kiosks. So what's the difference with MaxPass vs what you can do at WDW now via the app?
That's not what MaxPass is. FastPass+ already has all of the functionality of MaxPass, plus the ability to pre-book three attractions.

MAYBE there's some kind of monetized FastPass system coming, but MaxPass is nothing more than booking FPs on your phone, which FP+ already allows. The thread title should be changed.
No it wouldn't! MaxPass is just booking FastPasses on your phone. MDX literally already does that.
MaxPass is NOT the same as WDW FP+. There are no advance reservations, you can have multiple FPs for the same attraction reserved at the same time, and you can have overlapping FPs. When MP was $10/person/day it was totally worth it to me as we got at least 12-15 FPs each day. At $15 I'm not sure it will be worth it.

MaxPass is a game changer. Essential for the modern Disneyland experience. And brings back the spontaneity in touring the parks that WDW no longer has.
Agreed!

Disney1234

The key info about her knowing little about WDW leads me to believe she has no idea what’s new and what’s not.
Yeah I'm not really sure to be honest. Days leading up to her trip she was asking people to comment and let her know what rides they should hit and what restaurants they should eat at. She kind of gave the impression that they just really didn't know much. Someone mentioned eating at CRT and she said she would look into that.....days before leaving. In the stories leading up to her AK post her and her family were obviously traveling to the park some sort of large van. She kept referring to the ride as Flight of the Passage over and over again. Which is not a big deal unless you are being sponsored by Disney and should make sure you get the names of the rides correct lol. She specifically stated though that they were there with Disney doing an experience that they will be launching sometime in April or May but that she could not talk a lot about it yet. Not saying she is confused about her info or lying, I just find it so odd and interesting if Disney legitimately is working with her on anything seeing how seemingly clueless they seem to be about the parks in general and also that she really has not been posting much at all while on her trip. The stuff she is posting does not seem like "Disney sponsored" material.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yeah I'm not really sure to be honest. Days leading up to her trip she was asking people to comment and let her know what rides they should hit and what restaurants they should eat at. She kind of gave the impression that they just really didn't know much. Someone mentioned eating at CRT and she said she would look into that.....days before leaving. In the stories leading up to her AK post her and her family were obviously traveling to the park some sort of large van. She kept referring to the ride as Flight of the Passage over and over again. Which is not a big deal unless you are being sponsored by Disney and should make sure you get the names of the rides correct lol. She specifically stated though that they were there with Disney doing an experience that they will be launching sometime in April or May but that she could not talk a lot about it yet.
Working on the assumption that everything she is saying is correct and not fabricated or spun, it is entirely possible that Disney set her up with a VIP guide.

However, all it would take for anyone to have the exact same experience is the money to pay for the VIP guide. The amount of money it would take is also not a huge sume. The average person willing to max out a credit card could pull it off.

I have been lucky enough to have a VIP tour guide on someone else's dime and we did pretty much everything you described. We walked into the fastpass line for every attraction we went on, parked hop via a van that picked us up backstage, often entered through backstage, ate where we wanted without ADRs, etc.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I disagree. I think the low amount of FP users will just mean that standby times go by faster as there is less of a constant line switch going on between standby and FP and it would be mostly standy with only a couple FP coming every now and then.

The line switching doesn't change the time. Rides don't dispatch less because of the two lines (which would be the only way the lines could possibly speed up). In fact, there's a line after the merge, which shows that the merge isn't bottlenecking the attraction.

Not for the most popular rides.

I've gotten day-of FPs for BTMR, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, pretty much every other ride at MK except 7DMT. I've gotten day of FPs for every headliner at Epcot - Soarin, Test Track, FEA. I've gotten day of FPs for ToT, TSM, Star Tours, RnR, and Alien Swirling Saucers. I've gotten day of FPs for FoP (multiple times), EE, and KS.

So the only two I've never gotten a day of FP for is 7DMT and SDD, and for Slinky I only tried once.

So you can get a day of FP for almost every ride with a little patience.

CaptainAmerica

..."book 3 rides at 5 am 60 days in advance if you're lucky" system that drives me crazy.
This is such crap. March 6, five days from now.

Available:
Barnstormer
Big Thunder
Buzz
Dumbo
Belle
Mansion
Small World
Jungle Cruise
Tea Party
Carpets
Pooh
Ariel
Cinderella
Mickey & Minnie
Rapunzel
Tinkerbell
PhilharMagic
Monsters, Inc.
Pirates
Space
Splash
Mermaid
IllumiNations
Mickey & Pals
Test Track
Soarin
Short Films
Figment
Living with the Land
Mission Space
Nemo
Spaceship Earth
Turtle Talk
Aliens
Toy Story Mania
Disney Junior
Fantasmic
Frozen Sing-Along
Indy
Muppets
RnRC
Star Tours
Tower
Mermaid Show
DINOSAUR
Everest
FoLK
Nemo Show
ITTBAB
Disney Pals
Primeval Whirl
Up Show

Not Available:
Mine Train
Peter Pan
Frozen Ever After
Slinky Dog Dash
Flight of Passage
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Navi River Journey
Rivers of Light

The whole "waaaah I can't get FPs without booking 60 days out at 5am" is crybaby nonsense.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom