Rumor Version of MaxPass coming to WDW in May?

The Pho

MaxPass is NOT the same as WDW FP+. There are no advance reservations, you can have multiple FPs for the same attraction reserved at the same time, and you can have overlapping FPs. When MP was $10/person/day it was totally worth it to me as we got at least 12-15 FPs each day. At $15 I'm not sure it will be worth it.
MaxPass is simply the ability to get the fastpasses on your phone, which Fastpass+ includes for free. The differences in the fastpass systems are not the same as the differences between MaxPass and Fastpass+.

And yes it’s worth every cent at Disneyland, makes the day much better.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I completely disagree. Rides do not dispatch less because of the two lines, however people are bottlenecked in standby longer at the discretion of the line switch person. This can make an insane difference in wait time. Most the time at Disneyland you see standby barely moving due to the line switch person "waiting" for more FP people to come in. If both lines had the same throughput this would not be the case though.
The standby line would move faster, but all the people in the FP line would now be in standby thus making the standby line physically longer. So you'd always feel like you were moving, but actual time in line would be about the same across all rides. Peak time waits (11-3) would be much longer (as FP spreads out crowds throughout the day), but off peak times would be a little shorter.

This isn't my opinion, this is based on actual collected wait times (adjusting for annual differences in attendance) comparing the year prior to FPP to the year after.

Patcheslee

Now think about this spin: if they offered 3 more FP+ to everyone for $50/person/day. Some people may choose to cut their vacation shorter to buy them. Disney would win on two fronts. The cost for admission per day goes up the less days a person purchases so they would get more in top of the purchase FP+ cost. I think people in general would have the same shopping budget regardless of days spent, so now they can get that money in less time.

GlacierGlacier

The standby line would move faster, but all the people in the FP line would now be in standby thus making the standby line physically longer. So you'd always feel like you were moving, but actual time in line would be about the same across all rides. Peak time waits (11-3) would be much longer (as FP spreads out crowds throughout the day), but off peak times would be a little shorter.

This isn't my opinion, this is based on actual collected wait times (adjusting for annual differences in attendance) comparing the year prior to FPP to the year after.
Exactly. Fastpass does not decrease the THRC of snow attraction, but it does give the appearance to guests in standby lines of slower throughput. Especially with the stop & go nature of many merges, the poor balancing that happens sometimes at the merge, and the fact that nobody likes to stand in line for an hour and just see someone else waltz in there like they own the place and sit down.

Of course, that same guest who doesn't feel great about seeing that will do that three times that day to some other guest, but it doesn't positively impact the guest experience in standby lines - outside of the smoothing out of the wait time curve throughout the day.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Exactly. Fastpass does not decrease the THRC of snow attraction, but it does give the appearance to guests in standby lines of slower throughput. Especially with the stop & go nature of many merges, the poor balancing that happens sometimes at the merge, and the fact that nobody likes to stand in line for an hour and just see someone else waltz in there like they own the place and sit down.

Of course, that same guest who doesn't feel great about seeing that will do that three times that day to some other guest, but it doesn't positively impact the guest experience in standby lines - outside of the smoothing out of the wait time curve throughout the day.
There is a slight net line-reducing effect of FP+ because some rides would operate well below their capacity without it. FP+ helps ensure that all the Small World boats are full, which keeps folks out of line for the Mountains.

Chris82

This is such crap. March 6, five days from now.

Available:
Barnstormer
Big Thunder
Buzz
Dumbo
Belle
Mansion
Small World
Jungle Cruise
Tea Party
Carpets
Pooh
Ariel
Cinderella
Mickey & Minnie
Rapunzel
Tinkerbell
PhilharMagic
Monsters, Inc.
Pirates
Space
Splash
Mermaid
IllumiNations
Mickey & Pals
Test Track
Soarin
Short Films
Figment
Living with the Land
Mission Space
Nemo
Spaceship Earth
Turtle Talk
Aliens
Toy Story Mania
Disney Junior
Fantasmic
Frozen Sing-Along
Indy
Muppets
RnRC
Star Tours
Tower
Mermaid Show
DINOSAUR
Everest
FoLK
Nemo Show
ITTBAB
Disney Pals
Primeval Whirl
Up Show

Not Available:
Mine Train
Peter Pan
Frozen Ever After
Slinky Dog Dash
Flight of Passage
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Navi River Journey
Rivers of Light

The whole "waaaah I can't get FPs without booking 60 days out at 5am" is crybaby nonsense.

Sure, but if you do want to book one of those few popular rides, you're still likely to have to book pretty far in advance. Doesn't mean you can't have a good time or book other enjoyable rides, but sometimes your family really wants to do the cool, new stuff, even if it can be a challenge to book. So you wake up early lol.

When we did Disneyland, we were able to book FastPasses the day of for everything we wanted, including the popular newer attractions like Radiator Springs and Mission Breakout, just by getting to the park reasonably early (not even rope drop). Maybe the system wouldn't translate very well to WDW, or maybe our experience wasn't particularly representative, but it generally felt really good to book FastPasses the day of on the app - an appealing combination of spontaneity and line-jumping. Booking a bunch of appointments, even 5 days out, still feels more stressful to me than the day-of MaxPass system.

matt9112

That being said we are hopefully bring my extended family down next summer for probably their first and only trip and paid fast passes would really stink.

your a member of this forum rolling in cash surely? i joke because the way some people talk i sware the spend my salary each year visiting.

matt9112

There is a slight net line-reducing effect of FP+ because some rides would operate well below their capacity without it. FP+ helps ensure that all the Small World boats are full, which keeps folks out of line for the Mountains.

i would rather wait in long lines for big stuff and than walk on to the filler in between....now i has lines period.....pffft its a been a long time since I rode its a small word sadly.

rle4lunch

Original Poster
i would rather wait in long lines for big stuff and than walk on to the filler in between....now i has lines period.....pffft its a been a long time since I rode its a small word sadly.

Small world is only worth riding at DL on each visit.

RSoxNo1

This is such crap. March 6, five days from now.

Available:
Barnstormer
Big Thunder
Buzz
Dumbo
Belle
Mansion
Small World
Jungle Cruise
Tea Party
Carpets
Pooh
Ariel
Cinderella
Mickey & Minnie
Rapunzel
Tinkerbell
PhilharMagic
Monsters, Inc.
Pirates
Space
Splash
Mermaid
IllumiNations
Mickey & Pals
Test Track
Soarin
Short Films
Figment
Living with the Land
Mission Space
Nemo
Spaceship Earth
Turtle Talk
Aliens
Toy Story Mania
Disney Junior
Fantasmic
Frozen Sing-Along
Indy
Muppets
RnRC
Star Tours
Tower
Mermaid Show
DINOSAUR
Everest
FoLK
Nemo Show
ITTBAB
Disney Pals
Primeval Whirl
Up Show

Not Available:
Mine Train
Peter Pan
Frozen Ever After
Slinky Dog Dash
Flight of Passage
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Navi River Journey
Rivers of Light

The whole "waaaah I can't get FPs without booking 60 days out at 5am" is crybaby nonsense.
When you can't get same day Fastpasses for 3-6 rides PER PARK at 9 AM, it's a problem. Anything less than same day availability consistent with the legacy system is unacceptable for me.

mikejs78

Premium Member
When you can't get same day Fastpasses for 3-6 rides PER PARK at 9 AM, it's a problem. Anything less than same day availability consistent with the legacy system is unacceptable for me.
I can respect these opinions even if I disagree. For me personally, FP works well. I get the hard to get rides at 60+ and the rest I get day of... I can even get almost all the ones day of because they do drop more same day. But everyone feels differently and how FP contributes or detracts from the experience is a legitimate point of debate.

What I generally object to is the assertion that FP makes standby longer, because that's not a matter of opinion, it's objectively and demonstrably false.

draybook

The line switching doesn't change the time. Rides don't dispatch less because of the two lines (which would be the only way the lines could possibly speed up). In fact, there's a line after the merge, which shows that the merge isn't bottlenecking the attraction.

I've gotten day-of FPs for BTMR, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, pretty much every other ride at MK except 7DMT. I've gotten day of FPs for every headliner at Epcot - Soarin, Test Track, FEA. I've gotten day of FPs for ToT, TSM, Star Tours, RnR, and Alien Swirling Saucers. I've gotten day of FPs for FoP (multiple times), EE, and KS.

So the only two I've never gotten a day of FP for is 7DMT and SDD, and for Slinky I only tried once.

So you can get a day of FP for almost every ride with a little patience.

That depends on your party size. Good luck doing that with a party of 4 on a regular basis and the popular rides.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
I can respect these opinions even if I disagree. For me personally, FP works well. I get the hard to get rides at 60+ and the rest I get day of... I can even get almost all the ones day of because they do drop more same day. But everyone feels differently and how FP contributes or detracts from the experience is a legitimate point of debate.

What I generally object to is the assertion that FP makes standby longer, because that's not a matter of opinion, it's objectively and demonstrably false.
I agree with overall averages, but it adds an uncertainty element that can and does periodically impact standby times. For example, you show up at BTMRR with a wait time of 20 minutes and all of a sudden a parade or fireworks show or something wraps up and people with FP’s surge in and you end up waiting 40 because they are trying to get this mass of FP’s through. Or, you’re waiting in Space Mountain’s line but in the last thirty minutes or so, one or two popular rides went down and they gave multi-experience FP’s to everybody waiting, next thing you know, there’s a surge of people who’ve all walked to use their new FP on the best ride available and it jacks up the standby times from what was posted.

So, while FP+ doesn’t impact overall throughput, it can and frequently does impact standby wait times.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Well it does make standby longer but it doesn't make total waits longer.

Not quite. The data shows that standby wait times went unchanged on average before and after FPP. It's because there are now less people in the standby line. So for example before, where there would be a standby time of 40 minutes with 3000 people in line for an attraction, now there is a standby waiti time of 40 minutes with 1500 people because the other 1500 people are in the FP line. (it's a bit more compmicated than that, just trying to illustrate a point...). So the standby wait time per person in line increases, but the actual time someone in standby waits is about the same.

So, while FP+ doesn’t impact overall throughput, it can and frequently does impact standby wait times.

Sometimes, but I wouldn't say often. The parade impact is negligible because that's built into the window. The ride down issue is real though, but at MK it tends to get spread out unless there are several big attractions down at once. At the other parks it has more of an impact.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom