News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

brb1006

I'm happier about this project than I was about the BAH removal, and that's saying a lot.
Here's a blast from the past. The day the hat was gone (The page in question is 378) when Martin broke the news. Followed by a flood of cheers and pure joy when they seen it. The thread lasted for over 400 pages!
From social media. It's gone

View attachment 84339

From Michael Fargnoli / Doug Uhlig
Hope we get a similar reaction when the removal of the monoliths in front of SSE happens soon.

Last edited:

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Here's a blast from the past. The the day the hat was gone (The page in question is 378) when Martin broke the news. Followed by a flood of cheers and pure joy when they seen it. The thread lasted for over 400 pages!

Hope we get a similar reaction when the removal of the monoliths in front of SSE happens.
I remember that day. (I think a smile and a fist thrown in the air was my reaction) I was stalking that thread every morning starting at 9am waiting for the picture of the previous night's progress.

However..... I (and my wife) am one of the "dead ones" pictured on the "tombstones". I am glad that they are keeping them by moving them, but the displays never bothered me (the hat certainly did). Regardless, I know that I will follow that thread just as close as I did the BAH one, and will visit our picture at the new location. I hope that at the end of their useful life, we are offered our tile to keep (money changed hands of course, I would not expect them for free.)

JohnD

So basically, the new entrance to EPCOT is the old entrance to EPCOT with a little landscape change...
The original was beautiful, so this is a plus... and the cemetary will be gone...

Now if they'll only do Imagination 4.0 which means the new Imagination is the old Imagination with Dreamfinder and Figment with a little 21st century technology upgrade. The original was a classic, so this would be a plus, and the vindictive skunk-smell-releasing Figment will be gone replaced with the original awk-struck, childlike Figment.

MacRtst

The only thing that really bothers me about this amazing redo is, (as it seems) to take down Communicore. I feel like Disney is just coping out of filling the space with something cool. Instead, they are just taking the easy way out, by taking it down. If you want to make it reminiscent of old epcot, Fill it with stuff. Is there really any reason the PLAY CITY going into WOL couldn't go into communicore? THAT's WHAT IS USED TO BE.

I hate how money has just sucked the imagination out of this company.

JohnD

The only thing that really bothers me about this amazing redo is, (as it seems) to take down Communicore. I feel like Disney is just coping out of filling the space with something cool. Instead, they are just taking the easy way out, by taking it down. If you want to make it reminiscent of old epcot, Fill it with stuff. Is there really any reason the PLAY CITY going into WOL couldn't go into communicore? THAT's WHAT IS USED TO BE.

I hate how money has just sucked the life out of this company.

Doesn't bother me at all. They need to open up the space. Even in the original concept, no one stayed in there for long -- they went to the pavilions. If they were to do what you suggest, the result would be the same. Buildings that people rarely go to.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I hate how money has just sucked the imagination out of this company.

Those buildings have been dead for 20 years...it’s not as though showcase space in declining Retail world is gonna make a comeback...

brb1006

The original parade was quite novel. Until it dumbed down.
For context for the younger members, the original version of "Tapestry of Nations" (1999 till 2000) was more uplifting and used to move around the World Showcase Pavilion at night (Before Reflections of Earth started) or during the day. Tapestry looked more amazing at nighttime. Here's footage from October 2, 2000. The original version along with "Illuminations: Reflections of Earth" were the main highlights of Epcot's Millennia Celebration.

In 2001, during the "100 Years Of Magic Celebration", the parade's name was changed to "Tapestry of Dreams" along with the soundtrack to make it more themed to dreams. The show stop even took a moment to honor Walt Disney (Which they referred as "The biggest dreamer of all") since the 100 Years of Magic Celebration was honoring Walt's 100th Birthday.

I believe "Tapestry of Nations/Dreams" was hosted by three characters who's names I forgot. I do remember one of them was a female fairy.

FigmentJedi

For context for the younger members, the original version of "Tapestry of Nations" (1999 till 2000) was more uplifting and used to move around the World Showcase Pavilion at night (Before Reflections of Earth started) or during the day. Tapestry looked more amazing at nighttime. Here's footage from October 2, 2000. The original version along with "Illuminations: Reflections of Earth" were the main highlights of Epcot's Millennia Celebration.

In 2001, during the "100 Years Of Magic Celebration", the parade's name was changed to "Tapestry of Dreams" along with the soundtrack to make it more themed to dreams. The show stop even took a moment to honor Walt Disney (Which they referred as "The biggest dreamer of all") since the 100 Years of Magic Celebration was honoring Walt's 100th Birthday.

I believe "Tapestry of Nations/Dreams" was hosted by three characters who's names I forgot. I do remember one of them was a female fairy.

Her name was Elfin and the other two Dreamseekers were Cosmo and Leonardo Columbus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom