News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

Kamikaze

My personal opinion is that while they won’t “ignore” it...it’s just really a coincidence under this management.
The parties/“celebrations” really died with Eisner - if you look at the timeline.

The only examples that had any legs since were for disneyland in 2015’and the “year of a million dreams”...but the latter would have been approved under Eisner.

Seems to not be a priority anymore - which makes sense when they have basically eliminated the ebb and flow of cyclical attendance.

I'd say they are just labeling them differently. They're currently celebrating Mickey's 90th, and we'd had 'the summer of' events for many of the last few years with different focuses.

montyz81

This may seem like an odd question, but, why is there such a bad smell when you walk through the walkways by innoventions and in Mousegear? Will this be addressed and fixed during the overhaul?
Probably the mold inside the utilidors below. Years of neglect tend to smell quite a bit.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This may seem like an odd question, but, why is there such a bad smell when you walk through the walkways by innoventions and in Mousegear? Will this be addressed and fixed during the overhaul?
Probably the mold inside the utilidors below. Years of neglect tend to smell quite a bit.
you have 340 days a year of 80+ degrees, high humidity, artificial 60 degree air blasted at all times...carpeting....

It’s like club med for mold.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Ah, today I learned something, thank you.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So basically, the new entrance to EPCOT is the old entrance to EPCOT with a little landscape change...
The original was beautiful, so this is a plus... and the cemetary will be gone...

Yes...as much as everyone wanted to make this a bigger deal...That’s all this is @Phicinfan

Don’t get me wrong...it’s a positive step and may be a precursor to others. The leave a legacy was a terrible idea...they should have stuck to bricks

jklakeview

Will they be changing the monorail arrivals to after bag check with this?

I believe that this is already being worked on. I might be wrong but the last time I was there in Nov, I was told and pointed out that a construction area was already being worked on in order to have you come off the monorail on the other side of the bag check (security) area. There was a large ramp being constructed right by the monorail in Epcot. It looked and seemed legit to me. Marni, am I correct?

brb1006

The original prisms for the fountains were sold years ago to a private buyer which is a shame, would've been amazing to have those back. I'm also wondering if after this is said and done if SSE will have changable colors again at night like it used to. I love the stagnant color scheme they've used for years but it would be a nice touch I think if they reverted back to the way it was.
Does anyone have any good photos of SSE when it used to change colors at night. I think since the Millenian Celebration, the entrance would usually be like this.
images

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So beautiful I could weep with joy.

(Or with Anna, or Jen, or Tracy)

This is not a small deal, but a big deal. The prism, the EPCOT logo, the green open space. But please don't lose the mirrors around the central column This space carries immense meaning, this art looks like a love letter to it.

* weeps *

I’ll say it’s “big”
For this: it represents a recognition of nostalgia and beauty that needs to be a permanent concern in Epcot. Doesn’t forgive the bad choices recently made...but it’s a good step.
now if they'd only bring the wand back..

yea ya heard me:)
Good god 😡

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom