News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm NOT judging. I'm just expressing that the other things that have already been rumored and announced are far better and more important news than an entrance garden. My point was the overreaction to how great this was.

Attention to detail can be more telling than willingness to just throw something big at a problem and hope it covers up the problem.

No one thinks the entrance redesign will be the most impactful part of their EPCOT visit - but people do hope that it means the company is finally willing to do more than just bandaid things and may actually be ready to rip out some of these dead corpses.

Plus, there are the signs that this is just the tip of the iceberg for actual change in EPCOT - and not just by individual attractions.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
This is problably nothing...but just noticed a big difference here...probably just missed by the artist. (The section between the supports)

Acidsplat

Disney has no shame in removing nostalgic experiences, such as GMR, Malestrom, Pirates Auction, etc. They could have easily removed LaL and created a brand new design for the entrance, but the fact that Disney has decided to bring back this original design is proof that they know internally that it was perfect the way it was originally envisioned. :)
Did I imagine it or did someone say recently that internally Disney was having regrets about putting Guardians of the Galaxy in Epcot? (Obviously too late to change it now)

It's a long stretch, but I'm hoping bringing back an entrance reminiscent of the original means people in the company are realizing the impact 1982 and 1989 Epcot had on veteran Disney fans. Or more likely it's just to improve guest flow and throwing some easy nostalgia in like the fountain won't cost much and will be praised by veterans.

I think Epcot can be improved and be great without it being 1982 or 1989 again, and I'm hoping this is a sign that they'll be more considerate in Epcot's future without throwing its theme away for IP that hasn't been proven to have staying power a decade down the line yet.

Hollywood Studios would have been the perfect fit for Guardians as long as it didn't mean taking over ToT. That park is still looking small in terms of things to actually do.

Father Robinson

The original prisms for the fountains were sold years ago to a private buyer which is a shame, would've been amazing to have those back. I'm also wondering if after this is said and done if SSE will have changable colors again at night like it used to. I love the stagnant color scheme they've used for years but it would be a nice touch I think if they reverted back to the way it was.

JoeCamel

The original prisms for the fountains were sold years ago to a private buyer which is a shame, would've been amazing to have those back. I'm also wondering if after this is said and done if SSE will have changable colors again at night like it used to. I love the stagnant color scheme they've used for years but it would be a nice touch I think if they reverted back to the way it was.
Hopefully they will have a better engineered design. The lucite prisms along with the waterfalls in the MK were very hard to maintain

JohnD

Possible Timeline

New Park Entrance: Completed Before 10/1/2021 ?
Play Pavilion: Completed Before 10/1/2021
SSE Refurb with new Entrance: After 10/1/2021
Demolition of Innoventions: After 10/1/2021
Mystery Block Building near Imagination: After 10/1/2021

I think, for Epcot, they are more focused on its 40th anniversary on October 1, 2022.

Kamikaze

I think, for Epcot, they are more focused on its 40th anniversary on October 1, 2022.

They specifically mentioned in this release that it will be ready for the WDW 50th.
Martin stated that the SSE refurb will be 2+, maybe 3 years. So thats probably targeting Oct 1, 2022 like you said. The central plaza I would figure has to be on a shorter timeline - if they're going to have the entire center of FW shut down, I would think they'd want to get that done as quickly as possible for capacity and logistics.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They specifically mentioned in this release that it will be ready for the WDW 50th.
Martin stated that the SSE refurb will be 2+, maybe 3 years. So thats probably targeting Oct 1, 2022 like you said. The central plaza I would figure has to be on a shorter timeline - if they're going to have the entire center of FW shut down, I would think they'd want to get that done as quickly as possible for capacity and logistics.

I do agree with you here...

This is about increasing daily prices and overflow offset from the other parks. Not for a one calendar date/year.

They seem...”seem” to be more motivated to plow through some of these things. Finally.
Sitting for 10-15 years in stagnation still is the problem.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't think there is any way they ignore the 50th (its mentioned in this release) and Epcot's 40th will probably get some attention with all the stuff the park is getting.

My personal opinion is that while they won’t “ignore” it...it’s just really a coincidence under this management.
The parties/“celebrations” really died with Eisner - if you look at the timeline.

The only examples that had any legs since were for disneyland in 2015’and the “year of a million dreams”...but the latter would have been approved under Eisner.

Seems to not be a priority anymore - which makes sense when they have basically eliminated the ebb and flow of cyclical attendance.

Last edited:

jrhwdw

My personal opinion is that while they won’t “ignore” it...it’s just really a coincidence under this management.
The parties/“celebrations” really died with Eisner - if you look at the timeline.

The only examples that had any legs since were for disneyland in 2015’and the “year of a million dreams”...but the former would have been approved under Eisner.

Seems to not be a priority anymore - which makes sense when they have basically eliminated the ebb and flow of cyclical attendance.
I know it was only 1 night, but it least we got ROE Tags for the 25th, 30th, & 35th! Hopefully they can do Epcot Forever or something on the new system for the 40th day or longer(if they want a months long 40th).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know it was only 1 night, but it least we got ROE Tags for the 25th, 30th, & 35th! Hopefully they can do Epcot Forever or something on the new system for the 40th day or longer(if they want a months long 40th).

No doubt...but that kinda stuff is as minor as you can get for a huge operation. Remember that WDW is the largest sole owned and operated vacation complex in the history of the known universe 😎

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom