News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

montyz81

Look you could almost reuse the original concept art. Feeling a bit better about the changes.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
View attachment 351599
Look you could almost reuse the original concept art. Feeling a bit better about the changes.

I do wish the original core design (pre Innoventions) was still viable. Preservation and restoration of the original communicore buildings would have been nice. Just think if they had followed through on the people mover idea for Communicore. (See @marni1971 video)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Why does redesigning a plaza take 'work in phases'

Come on Disney... just man up and get this stuff DONE in a month or two... not dragging it out over moving phases with endless walls.

I do like that they are doing an 'experience center' tho.

The WoL thing looks like another Innovations waste...
It is going to have to be done within operational constraints.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Or they just remove the plaques on them and wrecking ball the rest of it. From the sounds of the press release, only the plaques are going to be reused.
I imagine they'll just pop the tiles off the stone all together and reassemble in whatever new format they are picking... vs trying to recreate/keep the stones.

The stone is not being reused for the new display.

Fox&Hound

So, Epcot is looking at a new entrance (loooove), Guardians ride, new exhibit/play area in the WoL building: wow to all of that. Test Track was newly renovated, as was Soarin', and the Seas with Nemo and Friends is not that old. How is Imagination not being touched? It seems like it is the only Future World building still standing. No way it doesn't get love, right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom