News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
@wdwmagic has set up two separate threads for us to talk about the WoL Play Area and the "Experience Center". See here....

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Perhaps it's a boxy reimagining of the, um, I'm guessing, Shamu show tank in the lower left? I mean, Sea World has announced they are getting rid of the show down the road... ;)

Yeah, that seemingly vague aqua stadium is sorta where the box next to the Imagination pyramid is in the new artist's concept. In the older art, it's inside the monorail loop, in the the new art, it seems to be outside.

But, there's a whole lot of vagueness in both, and probably purposefully so.

articos

Great to know it'll have lighting effects.

I was actually wondering that. A decent chunk of it is some demo and planter installation. If they start this in the spring, could we be looking at a early 2020 completion or sooner?
Depends on a lot of things: vendor scheduling, weather, materials and ops all affect construction scheduling. Also depends on when it gets going. If they get going in the spring, yes, it could be wrapped up within a year or sooner, if things go smoothly. Summer storms can slow things down a bit. The SSE footprint still being worked on also might impinge on scheduling, but they can get going on the rest of the plaza and work around for the first half of the project if needed.

JohnD

@wdwmagic has set up two separate threads for us to talk about the WoL Play Area and the "Experience Center". See here....

Thanks. I agree it's time for an "Epcot Redevelopment" sub-forum.

Just look at all the topics most from the first two pages of the News and Rumors thread and others where I could find them:

Page 3:

Page 5:

Page 6:

Page 9:

Page 10:

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I wish I was serious, I've been barking up the "it's a small world" to Epcot tree for a while.

I'm 100% with you on that. A modern one that gets rid of the worst stereotypes of the old one, stops replacing peoples with their animals, has a more varied score, perhaps even using Tokyo's Sinbad type puppets, and more emphasis on world peace, and a ceiling that's not obvious acoustical tile.

Then IaSW in MK can be demo'd to open up an access point to all that undeveloped land behind HM.

Clamman73

But seriously though...I hope Disney sees that to a lot of people, this is something that’s just as exciting as a new ride. Why? It’s what made it work in the first place and why people like myself have a fondness for Epcot since as a kid in the ‘80s...It’s the ambiance of Epcot as a “Park” in the sense of enjoying the space around you...visually, auditory, etc...I hope this is to continue through the spine of Future World...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
When did that start?!?! No word was said about that when were talking Skyliner Security in the Skyliner thread!

I asked about Epcot Monorail Security and it was tied to Epcot Buses somehow.

They have been building in that area for a while, and someone recently said they were told by a CM that this is what was being built. I still am not sure if there is confirmation of this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom