The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Good news about your dog. We had something similar with ours about a month ago, we think it was the treats we got her at Disneyland. So we threw them away after the vet bill (in which nothing was wrong). But better to be safe than sorry. I hope your buddy continues to feel better.

Dogs' medical issues can really throw you for a loop (referencing above, and also Reilly's issue this week). A few weeks ago, my dog, Jack, had a seizure that came out of nowhere. I was at work and hubs was at home when it happened.

Luckily, Jack came out of it. Hubs called the vet, discussed options, etc., and decided to wait and see if it happens again. So far (knock on wood), it hasn't. If it does, vet will put him on anti-seizure medication. There's a number of underlying health reasons that could cause a seizure, so at this point in time, we're just keeping an eye on him.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm loving your live trip report....minus some of these photos. I have a rule about my food, I don't want to see eyes looking at me from my plate. Gives me the willies.

200w.webp
^^^^^THIS X2

Figgy1

Premium Member
Dogs' medical issues can really throw you for a loop (referencing above, and also Reilly's issue this week). A few weeks ago, my dog, Jack, had a seizure that came out of nowhere. I was at work and hubs was at home when it happened.

Luckily, Jack came out of it. Hubs called the vet, discussed options, etc., and decided to wait and see if it happens again. So far (knock on wood), it hasn't. If it does, vet will put him on anti-seizure medication. There's a number of underlying health reasons that could cause a seizure, so at this point in time, we're just keeping an eye on him.
My guess lack of food.
On a serious not I hope it was a one off

Figgy1

Premium Member
We still are fighting snow. On Valentines Day was Olive Garden. I genuinely love their Spaghetti. On Friday we hit the autoshow in Chicago. View attachment 350959
Oddly the trains were pretty close to on time. Ate at the Hyatt before going in, a tradition
To which we were so hungry never thought of photos
and then onto the show. That night we were again dodging snow and hit a local favorite.

The standard starter

View attachment 350965
A buffalo flatbread
View attachment 350968

Mini Italian sandwiches with sweet peppers which were mine

View attachment 350967

And an Italian flatbread
View attachment 350966

This is a full sized pickup made of LEGOs
View attachment 350961View attachment 350962View attachment 350963
I love everything except the S word. Shame on you for using bad language

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

I hope it was just a one time thing for him .

THE Monorail Lime

I’ve noticed something that worry’s me, she only reply’s with one word most of the time, my friend said to give her space and that she’s annoyed with me, I feel rlly bad if this is true.

MySmallWorldof4

Thank you. I was a mess this morning. Dropped him off at my parents’, and then came to work trying to look like I hadn’t been crying.

My vet didn’t open til 10am today.. my mom was getting ready to take him, I was going to meet her.. and then she opened his treat bag-
He went running to her!!! Head up!! Then a few minutes later he went to the door to go outside, down their steps, and back up!!!
Then he played with my mom!

I called the vet and explained the entire morning. They think he should come in, but not an emergency situation. I’m going to wait until Wednesday unless anything changes. Maybe he ate a scrap of something, not sure.

I’m relieved!!!
Yay! Hope he is back to normal today.

MySmallWorldof4

I’ve noticed something that worry’s me, she only reply’s with one word most of the time, my friend said to give her space and that she’s annoyed with me, I feel rlly bad if this is true.
I agree with your friend. Don't feel bad. Teenage love is rough and you need to accept that. If her parents don't approve then this may be plaguing her mind as well. Give her space. What is meant to be will happen. And remember everything you go thruogh is a stepping stone in life. Sometimes they crumble, but another is just a few inches away.

MySmallWorldof4

I'm off today so I'm in the mood for conversation.
Do you ever consider some day being a snow bird?
I would not be surprised ( based on conversations I've had with my wife) if we someday do exactly that.
Sorry was pretty much offline much of yesterday. I would love to be a permanent snowbird. So, whatever that type of bird is, that is the one I want to be.;)

SteveBrickNJ

Sorry was pretty much offline much of yesterday. I would love to be a permanent snowbird. So, whatever that type of bird is, that is the one I want to be.;)
My wife and I want to be this kind of snowbird(s) :
November thru March we'd be Florida residents
April thru October we'd be New Jersey residents
My projected retirement is not until the last day of school....June 2024.....so this hypothetical snowbird stuff is down the road.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom