The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The thing that drives me to liking places like Bob Evans is the same gene that tells me that staying onsite at WDW is the same as standing in front of a shredder and feeding $100.00 bills into it. My needs and desires are simple and basic. I have never even attempted to keep up with the Jones's and only went for what was comfortable for me. Others mileage may vary! I just wish I didn't lose the places I enjoy because I am not interested in keeping up.

Really glad you wrote the above and also the quote below. I can relate to your (food) ideas being (somewhat) in the minority. Many of my meal preferences are also basic and minimum. (And, I never go to WDW for the food either! ;) But, I still enjoy reading about some decent meals that others have had -- and I have to admit, WDW has improved quite a few of their TS restaurants over the past few years, according to testimony of many members here.) Still, I don't do ADRs at all. I'd rather just eat on the fly, and mostly at QS locations. All that is doable when staying on property, if it's only for a short vacation of 4 days or so.

I like restaurants in various price ranges where I live, and might go for an expensive meal once in a great while, only. I don't think it's so much a status thing or keeping up with the Joneses, for those people who don't go to family style restaurants. It may be that people's tastes might actually be evolving toward different food selections, as time moves on.

Old time Vermonters had notoriously bad teeth and no money to get them fixed. My family moved to Vermont when I was 15. My first dental appointment I had after that the Dentist looked in my mouth said... "You're not from around here are you". I was born just across Lake Champlain almost exactly due west of our Vermont address, but, we had fluoride in our water there so I got some very strong teeth.

Each state tends to have it's own area(s) of real poverty. I knew right away that the woman who didn't get her teeth fixed, probably did not have the kind of money to get the help she needed, and that's sad. Many people take a lot for granted in their own lives, and it may be hard to comprehend that a person could not get teeth fixed. I don't think it's anything mean-spirited or judgmental on their part, but just a genuine surprise to some people that this happens.

Figgy1

Premium Member
We finally got out and then it started to snow AGAIN:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: It's a good thing I didn't need to go anywhere. Tomorrow I'm going to get caught up here and Wednesday during snowmegeddon the boys have decided they want to binge on Warehouse 13, ok James decided. Come here little groundhog

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Thank you. I was a mess this morning. Dropped him off at my parents’, and then came to work trying to look like I hadn’t been crying.

My vet didn’t open til 10am today.. my mom was getting ready to take him, I was going to meet her.. and then she opened his treat bag-
He went running to her!!! Head up!! Then a few minutes later he went to the door to go outside, down their steps, and back up!!!
Then he played with my mom!

I called the vet and explained the entire morning. They think he should come in, but not an emergency situation. I’m going to wait until Wednesday unless anything changes. Maybe he ate a scrap of something, not sure.

I’m relieved!!!

Good news about your dog. We had something similar with ours about a month ago, we think it was the treats we got her at Disneyland. So we threw them away after the vet bill (in which nothing was wrong). But better to be safe than sorry. I hope your buddy continues to feel better.

Tony the Tigger

Well, no matter how I tried, I couldn't rationalize stopping through Orlando on the way home from Tampa to Fort Lauderdale.

Was supposed to leave Tampa yesterday, and our AP's are not good on weekends. Ended up leaving early this morning, but I hear it's packed at WDW for the holiday weekend. Plus I really have to catch up on work.

So, Kylie and I are home.

Plenty of restaurants around here, but few with "good food." New Jersey spoiled me forever with every pizza, Italian, and Chinese place within spitting distance being excellent more often than not. Down here, it's meh at best.

Re: "every day" eating out, we go cheap, BOGO, coupons, points, etc. LOL. Main concern is healthy as much as possible, which can be tricky. So many restaurants load up with sugar and salt. (I'm trying to be the first man on Dad's side of the family to live past my 50's.)

But we have come to love and appreciate our nice meals, mainly stemming from our Disney trips - signature restaurants, wine pairings, etc. They are events in themselves. You can't eat like that regularly, though. They are treats.

And now I want Chinese. Thanks, guys.

donaldtoo

Lunch was great! First time eating crawfish this way!
View attachment 350908View attachment 350911

I named one, his name is George
View attachment 350910

Scott had a catfish po boy, but he still helped me eat bugs!

Glad you finally got to experience that kinda’ awesome mud bug feast!!!!! :)
We have many times over the years, but, unfortunately not since May of ‘17 at a fundraiser for the pediatric cancer foundation that both DDs are on the BOD of...!!!!! :hungry:

The catfish po boy sounds good, too!!!
Glad y’all enjoyed, and thanks for sharing...!!!!! :)

ETA...
“Here lies dear departed George
On who he and his pals did Rista1313 gorge”
:hilarious::hungry:;):)

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
DzoJ-qiWoAAETn_.jpg:large

drunkatdisney

Gabe1

Rista1313

Glad you finally got to experience that kinda’ awesome mud bug feast!!!!! :)
We have many times over the years, but, unfortunately not since May of ‘17 at a fundraiser for the pediatric cancer foundation that both DDs are on the BOD of...!!!!! :hungry:

View attachment 350953
View attachment 350952
View attachment 350954

The catfish po boy sounds good, too!!!
Glad y’all enjoyed, and thanks for sharing...!!!!! :)

ETA...
“Here lies dear departed George
On who he and his pals did Rista1313 gorge”
:hilarious::hungry:;):)

Those look awesome!

donaldtoo

Must have been a day for unique urinals. I went to lunch with my daughter at a Bar & Grill. When I went to the men's room to wash my hands I saw something that made me just break out laughing (sorry no picture). It was a urinal that looked like it was made out of a beer keg. Talk about appropriate! All I could think was what a perfect example of the circle of life for beer. What goes out of it eventually returns to it. (slightly altered) 🍺😃

Pretty sure there’s a hit Country song in there somewhere...!!!!! :hilarious::D;):)

Gabe1

Boy that emy is a regular fashionista....was that 3 valentines outfits for the day? Your food looks great! We called in pizza.... the dessert was heart shaped ♥

We still are fighting snow. On Valentines Day was Olive Garden. I genuinely love their Spaghetti. On Friday we hit the autoshow in Chicago. 350959
Oddly the trains were pretty close to on time. Ate at the Hyatt before going in, a tradition
To which we were so hungry never thought of photos
and then onto the show. That night we were again dodging snow and hit a local favorite.

The standard starter

A buffalo flatbread

Mini Italian sandwiches with sweet peppers which were mine

And an Italian flatbread

This is a full sized pickup made of LEGOs

Attachments

• AF7E1274-CE52-411B-BE45-183DBC64331B.jpeg
    AF7E1274-CE52-411B-BE45-183DBC64331B.jpeg
    133.2 KB · Views: 1

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom