Rumor New Monorails Coming Soon?

Disone

The manual announcements is just another layer of butt covering on Disney's part. the recorded spiel has covered the not leaning on doors since 1971. Since the doors started coming open enroute they added the Pilot's manual spiel at each stop. So if you are on the Resort Beam you get to hear it 10 times for a complete loop from TTC and back to TTC, 5 manual and 5 automatic. LOL Also, let's not forget about the yellow signs above the doors that also tell you not to lean against the doors. So, there are three layers of warnings about the doors. Still after all this I'm sure some people still lean on them.
That is absolutely ridiculous! Where are the signs while you're waiting to board to tell you that once you're on not to lean against the doors? Better yet they should have in station monitors explaining the safety features of these modern model monorails not unlike the pre-board announcement for Star Tours but without the humor. This is WDW and there is no room for fun. They haven't made this idiot proof yet and it's not acceptable :)

lazyboy97o

Nice, is that the monorail that Disneyland is currently using? Thanks again!
The Mark VI is the current Walt Disney World monorail. The transition from the Mark IV to the Mark VI occurred over a few years, not all at once. Disneyland uses the Mark VII, which reuses the Mark III chasis and Mark V body and they would not fit on the beam at Walt Disney World.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The current fleet . . . is not holding up well.

For the last ten years...which is my point.

And the standard “for the 50th”...where is all this “influx” gonna stay? The answer is no where because they’ve already spread the calendar out into old facilities, thereby eliminating the influx.

There seems to be this idea that 5 mil more people are showing up next year for Star Wars and 5 mil the following “for the 50th”

But this isn’t 1996 or 2000...the net gain can’t be anywhere close. No room at the inns

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
The current fleet . . . is not holding up well.

See I take issue with this. Over the past 10 years the trains have received total electrical wiring and system replacement, automation, exterior and interior refurbishment. I'm not saying that the current trains will last forever, but I disagree with your assertion that the trains are not holding up well. They really look really good now that there is active maintenance going on instead of a decade or more of neglect. Yes there have been problems, but I think the large portion of operational issues are as a result of the new automation system. The WDW monorail system is a very complicated integration of different systems, many of which were never designed to integrate with each other, further the system moves a lot of guests and gets abused severely by these guests daily.

ToTBellHop

For the last ten years...which is my point.

And the standard “for the 50th”...where is all this “influx” gonna stay? The answer is no where because they’ve already spread the calendar out into old facilities, thereby eliminating the influx.

There seems to be this idea that 5 mil more people are showing up next year for Star Wars and 5 mil the following “for the 50th”

But this isn’t 1996 or 2000...the net gain can’t be anywhere close. No room at the inns
Meanwhile, if we look at DAK’s attendance before/after Pandora and year-to-year profit...it’s not all due to increased prices. And they’re building more inns.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Meanwhile, if we look at DAK’s attendance before/after Pandora and year-to-year profit...it’s not all due to increased prices. And they’re building more inns.

But not that many...and the net gain on gate clicks isn’t that big. As much redistribution as anything.

They are claiming that there is about 52 mil clicks a year?

It can’t be 58 or 60 in 2 years...not feasible. And price has A lot to do with that as well...not just room/logistics

Anyway...if they were building monorails...we would have
Seen/heard something by now

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
See I take issue with this. Over the past 10 years the trains have received total electrical wiring and system replacement, automation, exterior and interior refurbishment. I'm not saying that the current trains will last forever, but I disagree with your assertion that the trains are not holding up well. They really look really good now that there is active maintenance going on instead of a decade or more of neglect. Yes there have been problems, but I think the large portion of operational issues are as a result of the new automation system. The WDW monorail system is a very complicated integration of different systems, many of which were never designed to integrate with each other, further the system moves a lot of guests and gets abused severely by these guests daily.

But you know that rebuilt things don’t have the longevity as those off the lines - typically.

Trains will run for along time...they also have to be replaced no matter how meticulous they are.

The operational and incident record of the Florida fleet has really not been very good in the last 10...if that’s based on maintenance shame on them. If it’s age...again, shame on them.

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
The operational and incident record of the Florida fleet has really not been very good in the last 10...if that’s based on maintenance shame on them. If it’s age...again, shame on them.

The turning point for maintenance was when they curtailed system hours and started shutting the system down during the day. After that point it looks like the there has been an honest effort to improve things. (Beam cleanings, interiors, exteriors, etc.) I believe the major issue of reliability (trains shutting down, rebooting, stopping, etc) has been the automation system. Unfortunately a lot of the implementation of the automation system seems to have been done on "in production" systems which as has been shown lead to the numerous instances of trains stop working.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
But not that many...and the net gain on gate clicks isn’t that big. As much redistribution as anything.

That's not true at all. Attendance at the other three parks rose a little bit and DAK rose a lot. There's no redistribution here.

Is there a quotient to characterize people making stuff up to fit their fantasies?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That's not true at all. Attendance at the other three parks rose a little bit and DAK rose a lot. There's no redistribution here.

Is there a quotient to characterize people making stuff up to fit their fantasies?

I believe it was down the year prior...

Thing is that unless under economic strain, it should never go down...but increase on a fairly predictable ark.

You spend all your time looking for “gotchas”...you have no sense of the big picture. If you look at the chart attached...it’s actually more inconsistent than you think.

But they did increase a 2 mil gain...net.
Not bad. That was after a million loss two years prior and a flat.

“AHA! big gain”....yeah but after slowing that should not have happened. It is a
Redistribution...just over a couple of years.

So back to front: how many people are they getting “for the 50th”?

Attachments

• AF0BB82F-4C2E-46CB-A4A8-40BB9DE35C50.png
    AF0BB82F-4C2E-46CB-A4A8-40BB9DE35C50.png
    163.1 KB · Views: 271

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Yeah, that's what I'm known for on this forum... never analyzing the big picture. E.g., here's my myopic look at park attendance...

View attachment 349473

View attachment 349474

That’s kinda sad, actually

But I also don’t see the counterpoint to what I was talking about?

Maybe if you post the first 10 days of domestic take of the last Jedi again I’ll see how they’re gonna have a huge swell at WDW “for the 50th”??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom