Rumor New Monorails Coming Soon?

nace888

When eventually something new is built I do hope it's like the Tokyo monorail in its internal layout as the Orlando one is awfully designed and a large amount of space is wasted. The Tokyo one isn't so sleek on the outside through but it's functional.
The only internal modifications they could make would be the seating layout. Because of how small the Mark VIs are compared to the Tokyo Disney Monorail, the walkthrough cabins cannot exist. The Tokyo ones are MUCH larger, and therefore, the floor sits ABOVE the tires, not between.

NormC

When eventually something new is built I do hope it's like the Tokyo monorail in its internal layout as the Orlando one is awfully designed and a large amount of space is wasted. The Tokyo one isn't so sleek on the outside through but it's functional.
Google the Bombardier Innovia 200 monorail (not metro) and you will see what WDW will get with minor modifications.

matt9112

The only internal modifications they could make would be the seating layout. Because of how small the Mark VIs are compared to the Tokyo Disney Monorail, the walkthrough cabins cannot exist. The Tokyo ones are MUCH larger, and therefore, the floor sits ABOVE the tires, not between.

i have a grinder lets get to work on the contemporary. even thought i know they wont do it makes sense long term to change everything to run wider and taller trains and just engineer it to still run on the smaller beam so your just changing every station. who knows could increase capacity 20% maybe lots of possibilities.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Just want to bump this by saying I’ve been riding the monorails the last two days and I have to say I am genuinely impressed as to how good they look and how well they’ve been running. Coral is spectacular and looks fantastic inside and out. Lime with Blue deltas looks great as well.

Even the ones that were refurbed initially still look great.

Credit were credit is due, good job to Disney Transportation.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just want to bump this by saying I’ve been riding the monorails the last two days and I have to say I am genuinely impressed as to how good they look and how well they’ve been running. Coral is spectacular and looks fantastic inside and out. Lime with Blue deltas looks great as well.

Good to see some needed love and funding

Incomudro

This is great to hear!

ppete1975

Youre on the wrong site.. we only talk about things when the sky is falling!!!!!

Kidding this sounds amazing, I have never had an issue either so I was hoping it wasn't as bad as people were saying. But that's the age we live in, its too easy to tweet, post, take cell phone pics of all the bad things, but when things are great no one says anything.

Lensman

Great report!

What about the smell? :)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Youre on the wrong site.. we only talk about things when the sky is falling!!!!!

Kidding this sounds amazing, I have never had an issue either so I was hoping it wasn't as bad as people were saying. But that's the age we live in, its too easy to tweet, post, take cell phone pics of all the bad things, but when things are great no one says anything.

Nah...we talk about the theoretical that doesn’t make sense too 🤪

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member

My only complaint which I don’t think is an easy fix is the broken spiels and the manual announcements about not casually leaning against the doors.

cspencer96

My only complaint which I don’t think is an easy fix is the broken spiels and the manual announcements about not casually leaning against the doors.
The main idea behind the Pilot spieling about the doors and silver handrails (yes, the color descriptor is a key thing in the spiel and it is incorrect if they aren’t described by color) along with the automated spiel is that Guests are more likely to pay attention when a live human is obviously addressing them, rather than a prerecorded spiel. It’s required that the pilot make that spiel before dispatching their train. Now, whether they actually do that before hitting the green button or after is up to the safety auditors to care about

Monorail_Red_77

The manual announcements is just another layer of butt covering on Disney's part. the recorded spiel has covered the not leaning on doors since 1971. Since the doors started coming open enroute they added the Pilot's manual spiel at each stop. So if you are on the Resort Beam you get to hear it 10 times for a complete loop from TTC and back to TTC, 5 manual and 5 automatic. LOL Also, let's not forget about the yellow signs above the doors that also tell you not to lean against the doors. So, there are three layers of warnings about the doors. Still after all this I'm sure some people still lean on them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom