News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

SLUSHIE

We have seen the door opening rails in many photos including early construction before any of the buildings were built. Also it looked to me like the cabin inside the art of animation station had the mechanism installed though it wasn't a very close up photo.

Here are some photos back in July of the studios station.

JoeCamel

And I assume there would be a mechanical override in the event of loss of power?

For a rescue out on the line they would need a power source or a mechanical over ride so I'm pretty sure there will be redundant systems

I noticed what looked like backup generators being installed to ensure no loss of power. Doesn't rule out mechanical safety overrides also.
There seems to be a lot of safety considerations being implemented.

Generator only powers station and drive, out on the line they would need to be able to open the doors for a rescue.

You would definitely need a manual way of opening the door, there are just to many things that can go wrong with an electrical opener.

Yes for all the reasons above

Lift Blog

We have seen the door opening rails in many photos including early construction before any of the buildings were built. Also it looked to me like the cabin inside the art of animation station had the mechanism installed though it wasn't a very close up photo.

Here are some photos back in July of the studios station.

That does look like a regular mechanical one. Certainly would be simpler. Makes me wonder what the roof batteries are for. Lights? Audio? Video? Cameras?

BrerJon

They are still saying it's going to be done in Fall 2019, which seems like they gotta aim for a September opening so they can have it done before SWGE.

They've got the lines, they've got the cars, is it really going to take 9 months to finish the stations and do testing? The original mooted date of May seems perfectly achievable, I wonder if they're just covering themselves in case there are unexpected problems? I'll be disappointed if I don't get to try them out over the summer.

Grimley1968

They've got the lines, they've got the cars, is it really going to take 9 months to finish the stations and do testing? The original mooted date of May seems perfectly achievable, I wonder if they're just covering themselves in case there are unexpected problems? I'll be disappointed if I don't get to try them out over the summer.

Lines, check. Cars, check (partially). Stations, long way off, especially Riviera.

JohnD

From the Disney Parks Blog:

Several gondolas will be adorned with graphics based on Disney films, attractions and characters. So for example, you may jump into a gondola where from the ground it will look like Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto or Chip & Dale are riding along with you. Several Disney animated films will be represented, including “Beauty & the Beast,” “Frozen,” “Lilo & Stitch,” “Moana,” “Peter Pan,” “The Princess and the Frog,” “Ralph Breaks the Internet,” “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” and “Zootopia.”
Here’s a sneak peek at what a few of these special gondolas will look like:
wgs29348928347234-613x195.jpg

The other themed gondolas that will be part of the system include:
  • “Coco”
  • Goofy, Pete, Horace Horsecollar and Clarabelle Cow
  • “Finding Dory”
  • The Haunted Mansion
  • “Monsters, Inc.”
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • “Ratatouille”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom