The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 5: ENDGAME - Hype Thread

AceAstro

I've been hearing horror stories about what Galaxy's Edge will be like when it opens at Disneyland in particular. The capacity on the Falcon attraction is an absolute JOKE and should have never been greenlit with a number that low. Word on the street is in the testing phase they're having a hard time keeping Rise of the Resistance operational for even a full hour at a time due to the complex ride system. Far and away the biggest draw dining wise in the cantina will literally only be able to accommodate about 1/50th of the crowds in any given day assuming people want to actually stay in there for any extended period of time. Apparently the park is having a really rough time even finding CMs to apply for Galaxy's Edge positions, and most of the old-timers are avoiding working there like the plague. I'm sure it will be an immersive experience on paper just walking around the land, but it seems like Disney is having a really tough time getting the pieces to fall into place for an opening season that even remotely resembles "smooth".
From what I have heard it sounds like they are expecting up to 200,000 people to show up opening day with park capacity being about 75,000... The Millenium Falcon attraction has a rumoured capacity of 1,800/hr which is right in the middle (lines up with Indy while being higher than Star Tours, Matterhorn, and the subs). I was reading yesterday that Rise of the Resistance is a 28-minute ride experience. That is just going to kill the queue when it breaks down as people will be held in "chunks".

SW:GE is going to absolutely cripple the park until Marvel Land opens in DCA.

TheOriginalTiki

From what I have heard it sounds like they are expecting up to 200,000 people to show up opening day with park capacity being about 75,000... The Millenium Falcon attraction has a rumoured capacity of 1,800/hr which is right in the middle (lines up with Indy while being higher than Star Tours, Matterhorn, and the subs). I was reading yesterday that Rise of the Resistance is a 28-minute ride experience. That is just going to kill the queue when it breaks down as people will be held in "chunks".

SW:GE is going to absolutely cripple the park until Marvel Land opens in DCA.

Heck, given how low scale Marvel Land is going to be in comparison at least in phase one I don't even know how much that will truly affect Galaxy's Edge. My guess is it will be an absolute mad-house straight through until the inevitable Avengers coaster opens in phase two of Marvel Land. Surprised Falcon is as high a capacity as Indy, but even then given the nature of the ride system I'm completely expecting a Mission Space style GLACIALLY slow loading process with the queue simply not moving at all for five minutes at a time.

AceAstro

Heck, given how low scale Marvel Land is going to be in comparison at least in phase one I don't even know how much that will truly affect Galaxy's Edge. My guess is it will be an absolute mad-house straight through until the inevitable Avengers coaster opens in phase two of Marvel Land. Surprised Falcon is as high a capacity as Indy, but even then given the nature of the ride system I'm completely expecting a Mission Space style GLACIALLY slow loading process with the queue simply not moving at all for five minutes at a time.
That's very true.

And we never see Indy at true ride capacity since it's always down so I don't expect to see Smuggler's Run that high either :p

Evilgidgit

It does seem like a very mismatched land. The Millennium Falcon ride has low ride capacity, and yet the other ride is 28-minutes long? Won't that also make it low capacity to if it is really that long. Yet another blunder on Disney's part to capitalise on buying Star Wars and not thinking things through. And forget trying to have an fully immersive interactive experience in SW:GE if the crowds will be bursting at the seams. And what are Disney going to do if this blows up in their face, not to mention raising the ticket prices may only make it worse. But, perhaps this is their plan. Raise the prices knowing people will flock to see Star Wars Land, but care little for how many or how uncomfortable it is, as long as they make mint.

To quote Dr. Terminus from Pete's Dragon - "Watch the profits come rolling in!!!"

TwilightZone

nXfZLAV.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom