The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

I always try to make extra! Sometimes I succeed, sometimes I don't. It just depends on how hungry everyone is and who's home. If the stepson comes home.... they are toast..... both Stepsons call them "Potato Poofs" which makes me giggle.

eta: P.S. I attached a picture to the last post.
Are they like spaetzle? I made those once. Just once. ;)

MySmallWorldof4

I made an order for Pizza. :p Actually, it was kind of a nightmare. Dominos opened about 2 weeks ago here, and we already had New York Pizza. But Dominos didn't have a Garlic and cheese bread option like NYP does, but Dominos was offering BOGO on Medium pizzas, and they have better cinnamon bread. So DH ordered the garlic bread from NYP, because he has the discount app on his phone, and he was out playing Ingress. So I, being at home on the computer, ordered the pizza and cinnamon bread from Dominos. DH would pick up the dominos order at 5:45, the NYP would be delivered at 6, and I went to the store and got deep freeze pizza for DS, who won't eat delivery. Only, I'm sitting at home waiting for the delivery and DH asks me what time I ordered the pizza for. 5:45. I go to check...I have the confirmation email, but there's no order number on it. I think I hear the motor bike, so I go downstairs to take the delivery, but it was a false alarm, and then DH asks me to send him the confirmation email just as the timer dings for DS's pizza....it's 6 pm, and DS's is the only food there. I run up to forward the email to DH....he says they think he's crazy.
The email's time stamp is 4:39. They tell DH that they go in order that people ordered. He hears a new order called up, so he asks what time that pizza was ordered. 5:30. So he tells her, then don't tell me you go in order, because we ordered an hour BEFORE that and our pizza isn't made yet. So he shows them the email, and only THEN do they start making our pizza, all the while telling DH it's because it's so busy. It's SO busy it takes you more than an hour and a half to make a pizza? (it was 6:10 by this time) In the end, they gave us 4 free drinks, a mini Ben and Jerry's ice cream cup, and a thermal bag for the mix up. But the delivery was supposed to be here at 6, and it was 6:20 and nothing....then DH sends me a text saying "open the door". So I send DD to open the door while I'm cutting DS's pizza. But there's no one there. I was thinking he was standing there with his hands full and couldn't get to his keys...so I text him back....where are you? He says the pizza guy is at the door. Um....no, he's not. DD's standing there, and there's no one there. He went to the wrong house. :banghead: DH pulled up with the Dominos at the same time the NYP guy pulled up, so it all got there at the same time...but both were EXTREMELY late. The best laid plans, I guess. I should have just cooked!
Easy pizza night was not very easy.

21stamps

That's the way my mom's brother was....very quiet, didn't talk about his service, but he was always kind. Her other brother who was too young to enlist was the funny, warm and fuzzy uncle.
I tried to look up my dad's brother just now and instead of finding his brother, my dad's picture from his obituary came up. :cry: I miss him so much.
His dad served in WWI. I should see if I can find anything about HIM online. The only thing about dad's brother was in a local paper that I would have to pay for a subscription for...not worth it to access one article.

Oh that must have been a gut punch. I’m sorry for your loss.

21stamps

My little entrepreneur made $75 today!!

T and 2 neighbor kids took shovels and knocked on doors asking people if they could shovel their driveways. The man at the first house said “How much are you charging?” T said “25 cents”. The man said “No you can’t shovel my driveway for 25 cents! What about $5 each?”

They made a total of $225 between the 3 of them!

Goofyernmost

I made fried egg sandwiches :hungry:
My X-brother in law, my sisters husband was a hick from a backwards town in Vermont, but, thought he was highly sophisticated. One of his favorite put downs was to say... well what do you expect, I bet they eat fried egg sandwiches. What he never bothered to find out was when his wife and I were growing up, we didn't have a lot of money and we ate "fried egg" sandwiches quite often. I can remember sitting out in the school playground eating my lunch of Fried Egg Sandwich that my mother packed for me. We didn't ever find it funny and he was to damn dense to catch on. My sister and I, on the other hand, consumed our lunch with the highest level of class keeping our pinky fingers extended out, while eating.

21stamps

My X-brother in law, my sisters husband was a hick from a backwards town in Vermont, but, thought he was highly sophisticated. One of his favorite put downs was to say... well what do you expect, I bet they eat fried egg sandwiches. What he never bothered to find out was when his wife and I were growing up, we didn't have a lot of money and we ate "fried egg" sandwiches quite often. I can remember sitting out in the school playground eating my lunch of Fried Egg Sandwich that my mother packed for me. We didn't ever find it funny and he was to damn dense to catch on. My sister and I, on the other hand, consumed our lunch with the highest level of class keeping our pinky fingers extended out, while eating.

Wait, is there something wrong with fried egg sandwiches? I still make them.

Goofyernmost

Wait, is there something wrong with fried egg sandwiches? I still make them.
Not that I am aware of, but, some people think of them as low class food. I'm not sure what they think about an egg McMuffin which is really a fried egg sandwich with a thin slice of cheese and Cananandian Bacon. (Seriously, they don't even know the difference between bacon and ham. It's no wonder they have never been a world power.) But, I digress! :D

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
You make me feel lazy! I need to go do the dishes and cook something.

Today we are having a Polish dish called, "Potato Kluski" Some people make them tiny as they are like dumplings. They put them in soup. My family makes them HUGE and pairs them with butter (some use onions) and cottage cheese for a meal.

I don't make them very often, because they are very heavy. I love them though, comfort food for me.

eta: picture

View attachment 340659

That looks really good. We had oven baked potato wedges and bacon burgers with cheese curds on top.

And soon we are going to have dessert, I took the rest of the Christmas Eve chocolate mousse cake out of the freezer! Yum!

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Wow...that's really interesting...and so sad that the one was tortured! My mom was an "oops" so she was the youngest of 3 and her two brothers were a lot older than her. The one who served in WWII was 13 years her senior, and she remembered him sending her little things while he was in Europe. He sent her some lace gloves from...I want to say Austria maybe? And some clogs from Belgium, a charm bracelet, and I remember her showing me a charm on it that he sent from Paris. Whenever he had a day of leave, he'd write and send her things...he was kind of like a dad to her because their dad died when she was only 2, and being so much older than her, he was the man of the house. Somewhere, I have a box with keepsakes and one of the things was letters he sent to them and they are fascinating because they couldn't tell you where they were, so any mention of places was blacked out. He did send a picture once of the Dutch Princess Juliana riding through in a carriage. I'm not sure how he did that....must have just sent it regular post, not from their base? But the younger brother was 10 years older than my mom and was chomping at the bit to join the military and tried to get his mom to sign a form for him to enter at 17, but she wouldn't do it. And then the war ended just before he turned 18 I guess, so he never got to serve, which I think is actually a blessing.
My dad's brother was also 12 or 13 years older than him, and he also served, but I know much less about his service. I know he was in Europe, but have no idea what battles or even what branch of the military he was in. I would guess, coming from a ranch, it would have involved horses if that was a possibility, but I really don't know. He came home with a drinking problem and he died in his 70s. I think I was only about 12 or 13 when he passed and I knew my mom's family a lot better even though we were in Wyoming and they were in Illinois, and my dad's family was all in the same county as us. They just didn't spend much time together and I didn't even know I had cousins on that side of the family until my uncle passed and I met them at the funeral. So I really have no idea about any of his service. I understand that there are apparently a LOT of veterans who won't talk about their service and what they saw in that period.

That is really sweet that he sent your mom trinkets from Europe. I suppose it gave him a little joy in the midst of war to know that would make her happy.

Thank you! Yes, we're booked at Royal Pacific and I can't wait. We're also planning to do the Minion breakfast, but that wok experience looks great as well!!

I'm glad that article was of interest. It did look like a nice place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom