Bob Chapek Confirms Disney Will Overhaul Epcot

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Seeing that Christmas ornament reminded me that I have a few things close at hand...

543BB838-F5B9-48BF-ADA3-40D651F34B31.jpeg

sedati

It was a stage show in Odyssey.
Any video? An Odyssey Ultimate Tribute?
I remember tiers, or was it a stage? I don't recall any show. I remember a lot of orange and brown as well. We basically ate there to split the day as we went from Future World to World Showcase (only ate one meal mid-day in any park with an early breakfast and late dinner offsite.)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Any video? An Odyssey Ultimate Tribute?
I remember tiers, or was it a stage? I don't recall any show. I remember a lot of orange and brown as well. We basically ate there to split the day as we went from Future World to World Showcase (only ate one meal mid-day in any park with an early breakfast and late dinner offsite.)
Hopefully it plays at the right spot:

trainplane3

There was zero reason for them to remove Figment's signature. Just shows that Chappie wants to purge WDW of its past altogether. Whoever decided to remove it is a moron.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was to prevent curious guests from going back there. It looks like it happened recently from how bright the paint is on it. It was still there at the end of October.

Just in time for Festival Of The Arts
That and weren't there rumors about WoL not opening next year?

sedati

Hopefully it plays at the right spot:

Don't remember ever seeing that show. I didn't even know Chip and Dale had Epcot Center outfits (I had seen the others walking about.)
A nice nostalgic video. I just listened to the Souvenir Suite last night on a bus ride and have been yearning for some vintage Epcot.
In 1991 we had our last trip as a family and I paid my own teenage money so we could eat at the Coral Reef (lunch) instead of the Odyssey. I was obsessed with the Seas Pavilion and loved the alternate tank view from the restaurant. More importantly, this finally let me use the World Key Kiosks to make the reservation.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
In case people still don’t believe that the average theme park guest (not the fanboys, the average guest) wants as much Disney movie presence in Epcot as possible... here is a Disney College Program Facebook group page I’m in. For a small example.

View attachment 337683View attachment 337684
They want “Disney”. They don’t care where. So why not put “Disney” where it’s the best thematic fit?

“Disney” used to be about doing it “right”.

Plus, average guest thinks Universal is a Disney park. For example.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
In case people still don’t believe that the average theme park guest (not the fanboys, the average guest) wants as much Disney movie presence in Epcot as possible... here is a Disney College Program Facebook group page I’m in. For a small example.

So let's say the average college program person is 20, now think back to when they were born, how much of Epcot was changed, or in the process of changing already. They have no history with the REAL EPCOT Center, it was already changed by the time they were old enough to remember anything. I'm just saying that I can't totally blame them.

trainplane3

Uh. I wouldn't call CMs "the average guest". They're crazy for Disney like us. Some care about thematic consistency, some don't.

On the flip side, I met up with a friend of a friend in the CP. She went on a rant of how bad SSE's script was, shutting down GMR was a massive mistake, and why are there are movies tied to every single new attraction. It goes both ways.

lazyboy97o

So? Just Disney fans who like the movies and don’t really like themed entertainment.

WDWTank

I have very little confidence that the Iger administration understands or cares about proper theming in the parks. In some respects they can get away with it, but too much damage removes the charm from the parks and destroys any long term loyalty from younger guests.
And makes the younger guests wish that they could’ve experienced the parks from the glory days!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
They want “Disney”. They don’t care where. So why not put “Disney” where it’s the best thematic fit?

“Disney” used to be about doing it “right”.

Plus, average guest thinks Universal is a Disney park. For example.

You are definitely not wrong. I was At my girlfriend’s family Christmas party and her family was talking about their Disney trips (every detail was cringeworthy) and her aunt swore that she went to the “Universal Park with Transformers at Disney World.”

I hate this world. I bounce back and forth between “I guess I just Have to accept this” and “This is not Epcot please don’t.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom