Bob Chapek Confirms Disney Will Overhaul Epcot

Kman101

I think August HAS to be the logical threshold to not cross (right? right?!?). Part of my brain says, 'yes, it makes sense for them to have a 2-3 month window for holiday stuff, due to peoples schedules and them trying to deliver a *special* vacation to their families'. other parts of me see the 'dollar dollar bills ya'll' aspect that disney is taking advantage of....

That's where I'm at. I get why, but a part of me sees it like you do. I mean, what's next, Christmas in July? LOL

They're desperate to have no slow times, clearly, hence the parties in August when it's typically the slower period. I mean, I get it, but the World won't end with a few weeks of lower crowds. Heaven forbid we have a pleasant experience in the parks without crowds and with a regular pass to get in ...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
That's where I'm at. I get why, but a part of me sees it like you do. I mean, what's next, Christmas in July? LOL

They're desperate to have no slow times, clearly, hence the parties in August when it's typically the slower period. I mean, I get it, but the World won't end with a few weeks of lower crowds. Heaven forbid we have a pleasant experience in the parks without crowds and with a regular pass to get in ...

That's not how TDO operates these days, especially with Chapek at the top of P&R. Shake every tree, move every rock, look under every couch cushion, squeeze every guest.

Missing20K

Hence the wording “on low story building”. Steel skeletons, curtain walls, and glazing was common on high rises long before it was popular decor for ground level structures
Glass House, Philip Johnson. 1948

As you were everyone.

jensenrick

Considering that this thread is over two years old, would it be accurate to say that Chapek's "plan" so far consists of adding replacing Energy with GotG and adding the French rodent ride, and that's about it? Oh wait, I forgot that TINY little restaurant that will stick out of the side of M:Space.
Hardly a "overhaul".

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Considering that this thread is over two years old, would it be accurate to say that Chapek's "plan" so far consists of adding replacing Energy with GotG and adding the French rodent ride, and that's about it? Oh wait, I forgot that TINY little restaurant that will stick out of the side of M:Space.
Hardly a "overhaul".

In fairness... it takes time to put the wrecking ball to everything that was there. ;)

Chappie's done more than enough damage to Epcot already (not that it wasn't damaged already when he was elevated to run P&R). I weep for any other "ideas" he may have in his bald head.

jensenrick

In fairness... it takes time to put the wrecking ball to everything that was there. ;)

Chappie's done more than enough damage to Epcot already (not that it wasn't damaged already when he was elevated to run P&R). I weep for any other "ideas" he may have in his bald head.

Very true! But again, these "ideas" of his seem to be, "knock this over, then put a bandaid over here." Someone needs to show him in the dictionary what "overhaul" means.

Missing20K

Was that common place? No

Why do I need to keep highlighting every word in the sentence for you to follow it?
Are you asking if it became common place between 1948 and 1982? Then yes. Yes it did. By 1982 there are lots of buildings both large and small, low rise and hi rise, commercial and residential, that used large areas of glazing. I used the Seagram Building and the Glass House on purpose to show you examples that were built decades before the communicore buildings.

Do I have to give you an example of every building built pre-1982 that has large panels of glazed curtain wall and steel structure? I might be here a while. ;)

Time to make that architecture chit chat thread I guess. :brb:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom