News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

troo26

It also would have been nice for them to enclose the power-test section and have animations to play alongside the cars to give you something to look at besides the back sides of showbuildings.

This is something that’s bothered me about TT 2.0 since day 1. The whole immersion in the Sim track digital world is broken as soon as you go outside. If not complete enclosure, even a TRON-type canopy over the track could’ve worked to preserve the theme.

Speaking of canopies, here’s hoping the Future World overhaul brings that ugly TT entrance canopy down.

JoeCamel

This is something that’s bothered me about TT 2.0 since day 1. The whole immersion in the Sim track digital world is broken as soon as you go outside. If not complete enclosure, even a TRON-type canopy over the track could’ve worked to preserve the theme.

Speaking of canopies, here’s hoping the Future World overhaul brings that ugly TT entrance canopy down.
As you plunge outside you are returned to the real world of testing.
Why do you have @Empresslilly's avatar?

matt9112

Sorry - ~sarcasm~ Forgot to add it.

tear down WOL create new show building build epcot generic future world themed coaster launch into a tightly wrapped spaghetti bowl like next door but lower to ground and as a finale LIM launch straight across to spaceshio earth and do a large helix around it than back to unload....put a fancy lighting package on it draw more attention to the parks alot of flash and bling.

RSoxNo1

Visually it could work, but to me Test Track 2 is the perfect example of why reskins simply do not work well. It went from a must do attraction to possibly my least favorite on property. The visuals themself are fine but they did not do it well in regards to what the attraction is. So I would certainly be concerned if the same team was doing similar things to other places.
Test Track 2.0 went about 80% of the way IMO. Pre-show and post show received solid updates. The ride itself missed the mark. I'd love to see them incorporate the guest creations onto the screens to actually put our vehicles through the tests with something other than a numeric value.

GlacierGlacier

Test Track 2.0 went about 80% of the way IMO. Pre-show and post show received solid updates. The ride itself missed the mark. I'd love to see them incorporate the guest creations onto the screens to actually put our vehicles through the tests with something other than a numeric value.
(Display the guest's cars driving alongside them one by one (at full scale) through the ride's duration)

Fox&Hound

Visually it could work, but to me Test Track 2 is the perfect example of why reskins simply do not work well. It went from a must do attraction to possibly my least favorite on property. The visuals themself are fine but they did not do it well in regards to what the attraction is. So I would certainly be concerned if the same team was doing similar things to other places.

I agree 100%. It is insane how much I loved the ride and now....nothing. I feel the same way about Soarin' and the bent Eiffel tower.

LittleBuford

2/3s of people riding get a poor experience that's why. Not everybody can ask for the middle, nor do most know to ask.

I’m referring to forumites, not the average guest. We all know that the CMs accommodate such requests, so why not ask to be placed in the middle section if the bendy Eiffel Tower bothers you so much?

TrojanUSC

Not to get too off topic, but I have a question about something I was thinking about recently. What would have happened if Disney had gone forward with Time Racers, and the building was discovered to not be able to handle the change after the ride was built? Kind of like how Rocket Rods didn't work on the PeopleMover track. Would they have been able to rip it out and put something else in the building, or would have it been a loss?

The structure could handle Rocket Rods fine. They're not going to build something unsafe. The RR issue came from the fact that a budget cut forced them to use the existing unbanked track, which necessitated a lot of speeding up then very aggressive breaking. This was tough on the ride system which caused a LOT of downtime.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The structure could handle Rocket Rods fine. They're not going to build something unsafe. The RR issue came from the fact that a budget cut forced them to use the existing unbanked track, which necessitated a lot of speeding up then very aggressive breaking. This was tough on the ride system which caused a LOT of downtime.
It also cracked the structure in several places and made the ride vehicles literally rip themselves apart.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom