2018 NCAA Football Thread

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
I think the worst is behind them now.
You’re on to something.
I hope the worst in done.......as I think Ohio State REALLY should have been in and the drama is what REALLY kept them out.

My take is the NCAA punished the University for implying it was all Urban and again, IMPLYING they knew nothing of the matter. When Urban wouldn't publicly play along, the whole thing went south......had it REALLY been all Urban, they would have fired him....

We need a strong program in every conference, and Ohio State was clearly the Daddy of the B1G. It makes things soooo much more exciting to have that Conference Daddy everyone is hoping will lose!

Many rout against Clemson, Bama, Ohio State, Oklahoma, (sorry no Daddy in Pac 10) and hope new blood will enter the conversation.

Because of the recent battles of Georgia/Bama, and revitalized OSU/Michigan, there has to be peeps who have become passionate about college football, that never had that passion before .... those peeps will be hoping Georgia can finally beat the giant and Jimmy can finally win the big game!

Equally, maybe one day Clemson will have someone lurking........maybe one of the current tough programs such as Wake Forest or North Carolina can rise to the top?

For anyone in the "expand to 8" crowd, I'm going to check prices on the Bowls and post what I find....I suspect prices to Non-CFP games will have really attractive price$

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
I hope the worst in done.......as I think Ohio State REALLY should have been in and the drama is what REALLY kept them out.

My take is the NCAA punished the University for implying it was all Urban and again, IMPLYING they knew nothing of the matter. When Urban wouldn't publicly play along, the whole thing went south......had it REALLY been all Urban, they would have fired him....

We need a strong program in every conference, and Ohio State was clearly the Daddy of the B1G. It makes things soooo much more exciting to have that Conference Daddy everyone is hoping will lose!

Many rout against Clemson, Bama, Ohio State, Oklahoma, (sorry no Daddy in Pac 10) and hope new blood will enter the conversation.

Because of the recent battles of Georgia/Bama, and revitalized OSU/Michigan, there has to be peeps who have become passionate about college football, that never had that passion before .... those peeps will be hoping Georgia can finally beat the giant and Jimmy can finally win the big game!

Equally, maybe one day Clemson will have someone lurking........maybe one of the current tough programs such as Wake Forest or North Carolina can rise to the top?

For anyone in the "expand to 8" crowd, I'm going to check prices on the Bowls and post what I find....I suspect prices to Non-CFP games will have really attractive price$
Really don’t like the 8 crap. We have a hard enough time finding four. The number 8 team has no business in it. That could be a three loss team.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Really don’t like the 8 crap. We have a hard enough time finding four. The number 8 team has no business in it. That could be a three loss team.
Here is what we would have this year (I'll assume the Bowls would be the Orange, Cotton, Fiesta, and Peach as last year the CFP bowls were Sugar and Rose):
Cotton - #1 Bama vs #8 UCF
Orange - #2 Clemson vs #7 Michigan
Fiesta - #3 Notre Dame vs #6 Ohio State ...question here would be if Notre Dame would help Georgia by choosing the Fiesta?
Peach - #4 Oklahoma vs #4 Georgia

Anyhoo....I don't belive for one second this would be the same 1 - 8 if the format was 8 teams instead of 4! Washington or Washington State would be in the Top 8...no doubt

Here are the current cheapest ticket prices (secondary Market) for the Big 6:

CFP Championship - TBD vs TBD - $801.00 (in Santa Clara)

Semis
Orange Bowl - Bama vs Oklahoma - $154
Cotton Bowl - Clemson vs Notre Dame - $185

Rest of Big 6
Sugar Bowl - Georgia vs Texas - $113
Rose Bowl - Ohio State vs Washington - $115
Fiesta Bowl - UCF vs LSU - $18 - yes, a walloping $18 bucks
Peach Bowl - Michigan vs Florida - $99

Pretty attractive prices for those games.....Notre Dame is really driving up the price of the Cotton Bowl!! If they beat Clemson, the CFP Championship prices for the cheapest ticket will be well north of $2K

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Here is what we would have this year (I'll assume the Bowls would be the Orange, Cotton, Fiesta, and Peach as last year the CFP bowls were Sugar and Rose):
Cotton - #1 Bama vs #8 UCF
Orange - #2 Clemson vs #7 Michigan
Fiesta - #3 Notre Dame vs #6 Ohio State ...question here would be if Notre Dame would help Georgia by choosing the Fiesta?
Peach - #4 Oklahoma vs #4 Georgia

Anyhoo....I don't belive for one second this would be the same 1 - 8 if the format was 8 teams instead of 4! Washington or Washington State would be in the Top 8...no doubt

Here are the current cheapest ticket prices (secondary Market) for the Big 6:

CFP Championship - TBD vs TBD - $801.00 (in Santa Clara)

Semis
Orange Bowl - Bama vs Oklahoma - $154
Cotton Bowl - Clemson vs Notre Dame - $185

Rest of Big 6
Sugar Bowl - Georgia vs Texas - $113
Rose Bowl - Ohio State vs Washington - $115
Fiesta Bowl - UCF vs LSU - $18 - yes, a walloping $18 bucks
Peach Bowl - Michigan vs Florida - $99

Pretty attractive prices for those games.....Notre Dame is really driving up the price of the Cotton Bowl!! If they beat Clemson, the CFP Championship prices for the cheapest ticket will be well north of $2K
Why does a number 8 team deserve a shot? It’s just diluting the product. You may as well have the number 16 seed in it too. What about the whole top 25?

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Why does a number 8 team deserve a shot? It’s just diluting the product. You may as well have the number 16 seed in it too. What about the whole top 25?
i couldn’t agree with you more!! While I don’t agree with the Top 4, I REALLY don’t agree with expansion to 8

To me, the BEST 4 teams in the country, in order:

Bama
Ohio State
Notre Dame
Clemson

Followed by
Oklahoma
Georgia - Georgia showed they could ALMOST....they were 1 in 3 in their big games, if you count Florida as a big un

The rankings are the problem....Michigan and Georgia BOTH benefit from the conference they play...and peeps ignore their performance in big games

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
i couldn’t agree with you more!! While I don’t agree with the Top 4, I REALLY don’t agree with expansion to 8

To me, the BEST 4 teams in the country, in order:

Bama
Ohio State
Notre Dame
Clemson

Followed by
Oklahoma
Georgia - Georgia showed they could ALMOST....they were 1 in 3 in their big games, if you count Florida as a big un

The rankings are the problem....Michigan and Georgia BOTH benefit from the conference they play...and peeps ignore their performance in big games
👍🏾 We are quick in this day and age to scream injustice rather than looking st the facts of the case. If we get 8 watch the conversation shift to more. I do not want the Big Dance. That’s for a different product and it’s for that product. Not for college football.

21stamps

👍🏾 We are quick in this day and age to scream injustice rather than looking st the facts of the case. If we get 8 watch the conversation shift to more. I do not want the Big Dance. That’s for a different product and it’s for that product. Not for college football.

I’m with you here. As much as I’d love the idea of seeing more teams involved, because I think the top 4 are too subjective.. I don’t think it has a place in college footballl.
There’s too many risks each time the players take the field, I don’t think it would be fair to them, and I think we could end up with players leaving earlier.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
I’m with you here. As much as I’d love the idea of seeing more teams involved, because I think the top 4 are too subjective.. I don’t think it has a place in college footballl.
There’s too many risks each time the players take the field, I don’t think it would be fair to them, and I think we could end up with players leaving earlier.
Yes sir. As much as the fans are clamoring for it not once are they concerned about the players.

21stamps

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Bama/Clemson 4..........and the cheapest ticket is under $519 before fees.....either Notre Dame fans previously purchased and are now dumping tickets, or this will be a really affordable game

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Bama/Clemson 4..........and the cheapest ticket is under $519 before fees.....either Notre Dame fans previously purchased and are now dumping tickets, or this will be a really affordable game
Yeah, the game is in an odd place. In northern Cali and it’s a place not synonymous with college football.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Yeah, the game is in an odd place. In northern Cali and it’s a place not synonymous with college football.
The locale is REALLY a problem. Combine that with another Bama/Clemson match-up and this creates really cheap seats.

Saturday 3 P.M. before either of the CFP semis, the cheapest seat was $802 in Sec 421, in Sec 317 (section we sat once at a San Fran/ATL Game) the seat was $1,786. By Sunday morning Sec 317 was down to $1,180.

Just a few minutes ago the cheapest seat was Sec 302 at $375, and the Sec 317 seat was down to $610...

To summarize the numbers:

Date/Time Sec $$$$
Saturday before CFP Semis 317 $1,786
Saturday before CFP Semis 421 $802 Cheapest Seat

Sunday A.M. After Bama/Clemson Victories 317 $1,180

Monday 9;36 P.M. 317 $610
Monday 9:36 P.M. 302 $375

Part of this is Bama/Clemson fatigue, Notre Dame peeps dumping their tickets, and the rest is the location.

I wonder what this will do to the "expansion to eight" peeps? One would think this will do tremendous damage...... Next year's Championship is in Indianapolis, and that should be a much better draw as far as locale as well as tremendous venue.

***Edit*** Next to CFP Championships are New Orleans and Miami, followed by Indianapolis

Last edited:

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
The locale is REALLY a problem. Combine that with another Bama/Clemson match-up and this creates really cheap seats.

Saturday 3 P.M. before either of the CFP semis, the cheapest seat was $802 in Sec 421, in Sec 317 (section we sat once at a San Fran/ATL Game) the seat was $1,786. By Sunday morning Sec 317 was down to $1,180.

Just a few minutes ago the cheapest seat was Sec 302 at $375, and the Sec 317 seat was down to $610...

To summarize the numbers:

Date/Time Sec $$$$
Saturday before CFP Semis 317 $1,786
Saturday before CFP Semis 421 $802 Cheapest Seat

Sunday A.M. After Bama/Clemson Victories 317 $1,180

Monday 9;36 P.M. 317 $610
Monday 9:36 P.M. 302 $375

Part of this is Bama/Clemson fatigue, Notre Dame peeps dumping their tickets, and the rest is the location.

I wonder what this will do to the "expansion to eight" peeps? One would think this will do tremendous damage...... Next year's Championship is in Indianapolis, and that should be a much better draw as far as locale as well as tremendous venue.
I wish I could jump on that. Wow! I don’t know what they were thinking other than it’s a “new” stadium.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom