2018 NCAA Football Thread

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
And it's real....and going to continue to happen
Yeah, I was at the game yesterday. Great start. Military parachuted in and the crowd was great. We quickly went up 14-0 and OL got hurt and it messed up any continuity on the OLine. Plus, IT WAS COLD! Rough day overall but we got a shut out. First back to back shut out of top 25 opponents in the history of ranking.

Still, I’m kinda upset that teams are going after Tua’s leg. It’s like they don’t have any regard for their QBs health. Bama players were none too happy about it. There was pushing and shoving and choice words after the game.

Captain Barbossa

Great win last Saturday night to clinch the Atlantic division. Due to the history of the series, I was expecting a low scoring game. BC is good and very physical. They always play their best against us with it being a rivalry game. Overall, a good complete game and a great win.

So excited for tomorrow night! First home night game of the season and Military Appreciation Day! Let’s take care of business and beat Duke!

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Happnin today....

SEC Creampuff day......Citadel has the next chance to hit low and level the playing field for the rest of the hopefuls

Ohio State - Indiana
Notre Dame - Syracuse
Clemson - Duke

Not a whole lot else happnin

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
New AP and Coaches Poll......Ohio State is getting no love! They are ranked #10 in both Polls, behind LSU

Ohio State IS in if they win out......if they win out the only way they don't make it is if Georgia beats an Undefeated Bama in a close game!

I get ranking them low, but they are still in the hunt AND control their own destiny

Here is the latest CFP scenarios:

Bama -SEC Champion and you're in
Clemson - ACC Champ and you're in
Notre Dame - Beat USC and you're in
Georgia - SEC Champion and you're in

Michigan - Win out and needs Bama to win the SEC Championship
Ohio State- Win out and needs Bama to win the SEC Championship
Oklahoma - Win out and needs Bama to win the SEC Championship + winner of Michigan/Ohio State Loses Big Ten Championship
Washington State - Win out and needs Bama to win the SEC Championship + winner of Michigan/Ohio State Loses Big Ten Championship + Oklahoma loses again

A Notre Dame loss to USC would really help Okie and WSU

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
New AP and Coaches Poll......Ohio State is getting no love! They are ranked #10 in both Polls, behind LSU

Ohio State IS in if they win out......if they win out the only way they don't make it is if Georgia beats an Undefeated Bama in a close game!

I get ranking them low, but they are still in the hunt AND control their own destiny

Here is the latest CFP scenarios:

Bama -SEC Champion and you're in
Clemson - ACC Champ and you're in
Notre Dame - Beat USC and you're in
Georgia - SEC Champion and you're in

Michigan - Win out and needs Bama to win the SEC Championship
Ohio State- Win out and needs Bama to win the SEC Championship
Oklahoma - Win out and needs Bama to win the SEC Championship + winner of Michigan/Ohio State Loses Big Ten Championship
Washington State - Win out and needs Bama to win the SEC Championship + winner of Michigan/Ohio State Loses Big Ten Championship + Oklahoma loses again

A Notre Dame loss to USC would really help Okie and WSU
Don’t be so sure about tOSU. They look horrible in winning. Quite frankly, should have lost three games by now. People see that. No playoff for them.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Here we go with rivalry weekend:

Friday
8:00/8:30 respectively
Oklahoma @ West Virginia - Okie needs a win to stay ahead of WSU
Washington vs Washington State - WSU must win impressive

Saturday
12:00
Michigan @ Ohio State - This is the equivalent of a Sweet 16 game, as the winner goes on, the loser is out - OSU has won 13 of last 14
Georgia vs Georgia Tech - Tech was won the last 2 in Athens

3:30
Alabama vs Auburn - this used to be another Sweet 16 game

7:00/7:30/8:00 respectively
Clemson vs South Carolina - South Carolina was supposed to be better this year
LSU @ Texas A&M - LSU has to have tons of help, but the committee STILL has them within striking distance
Notre Dame @ USC - another used to be game - Notre Dame can be the first to clinch a spot

21stamps

Don’t be so sure about tOSU. They look horrible in winning. Quite frankly, should have lost three games by now. People see that. No playoff for them.

That’s my team...I’ve watched every game.. and, I agree with you.
They do not deserve to see a playoff this year.

I do think Michigan will get there.. they deserve it.

21stamps

Here we go with rivalry weekend:

Friday
8:00/8:30 respectively
Oklahoma @ West Virginia - Okie needs a win to stay ahead of WSU
Washington vs Washington State - WSU must win impressive

Saturday
12:00
Michigan @ Ohio State - This is the equivalent of a Sweet 16 game, as the winner goes on, the loser is out - OSU has won 13 of last 14
Georgia vs Georgia Tech - Tech was won the last 2 in Athens

3:30
Alabama vs Auburn - this used to be another Sweet 16 game

7:00/7:30/8:00 respectively
Clemson vs South Carolina - South Carolina was supposed to be better this year
LSU @ Texas A&M - LSU has to have tons of help, but the committee STILL has them within striking distance
Notre Dame @ USC - another used to be game - Notre Dame can be the first to clinch a spot

This is my favorite football weekend of the year! First time in 3 years that I’m not on vacation this week.. I can yell at the tv as loud as I want. 😂

Captain Barbossa

Good win last Saturday against Duke. Offense got off to a slow start. I think that some of our WRs need to go back to catching the football 101. :hilarious: Running game wasn’t there in the 1st half, but showed up in the 2nd. After our receivers remembered how to catch the ball, we were able to make some plays through the air. Defense played very well and kept Duke out of the end zone. Overall, good game and a great way to wrap up regular season conference play.

It was a very special night last Saturday recognizing our seniors and honoring the military!
113CA6CE-42A3-497E-9908-AA2F9A2281FF.jpeg
30E0F0C4-09CC-435B-ACCB-BB6AAB3202E3.jpeg

A very moving performance at halftime, including a 21 gun salute, remembering those who’ve died while defending this great nation.
DF9488C6-2EE1-4E92-B209-829A5EA73246.jpeg

FD351A4A-9BC6-4532-9F39-CA0330B66BF9.jpeg
087C932D-1ACD-41DC-ABD8-EF26D234A3A5.jpeg
94674D2F-C0C8-4195-8ED3-A45A3D29F428.jpeg
C7F74DEA-6D66-4B48-966D-0AE0B3928116.jpeg
B8FBE371-BA66-4E9D-8F3A-9A3C84944D2F.jpeg
456E4666-1524-4C45-A0B8-4B19D5138539.jpeg
A894BBF4-A365-4BC7-81BC-85C8C2922D00.jpeg

Should be a good one tomorrow night in the Valley against the coots. Can’t believe the end of the regular season is already here. :cry: There’s nothing I hate more than the trashy, classless, disgrace of the state of S.C. Emotions will be running high. We just need to focus on taking care of business. Fingers crossed for a brutal @ss whooping.

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
So...Ohio State have a shot now? Dismissed too early by many.... again the ONLY way I see them NOT making it as the B1G Champ is if Bama loses to Georgia....

If they win the B1G, they EASILY pass Okie

If they hold on and win today they are no lower than 6th....and might pass Okie to 5th this week

21stamps

What a game!!!!!!

There is not a game in college football that has even close to an exciting of a matchup this weekend.

Pre game comments- “will be a low scoring game” - Wrong.

“Michigan being favored” - So Wrong. It was a stupid bet, and anyone who took it deserved to lose.

O H!!!!!!!!!!

Dad 2 M & M

Original Poster
Sorry, I’m a little excited.
I hear ya....you WERE (past tense) the 2nd biggest sleeper left....you’re NOT a sleeper anymore!

The biggest sleeper, and now the ONLY sleeper left is Notre Dame! If they win tonight, and Bama remains the #1 Seed, Notre Dame might, and I repeat might steamroll Clemson in the Orange Bowl....

21stamps

I hear ya....you WERE (past tense) the 2nd biggest sleeper left....you’re NOT a sleeper anymore!

The biggest sleeper, and now the ONLY sleeper left is Notre Dame! If they win tonight, and Bama remains the #1 Seed, Notre Dame might, and I repeat might steamroll Clemson in the Orange Bowl....

I have to admit that up until now I didn’t think OSU had a chance, and I didn’t think they deserved a chance.

After that game though, I’m changing my tune.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom