A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

doctornick

I might be totally wrong.
But I heard there's a good chance that Disneyland will get it.
Again, I might be 100% wrong.

There's only limited space at DL without replacing things. Others can correct, but there is a sizable expansion pad between SW:GE and Toontown. That has been rumored at times to get this BatB ride, the Tokyo Frozen ride of MMRR. The latest rumor seems to be that it will be used for the Mickey ride, but until things are done, they can change. That ride would certainly make the most sense thematically if they want to keep Toontown otherwise as is.

Of course, they could always choose to replace things if they want. I remember hearing that the Fantasyland Theater in DL could be on the chopping block for something, for example.

Mike S

I am under the impression that Tokyo is paying for exclusivity. Perhaps just limited to 5 years like Hong Kong frequently receives.
Same for Paris and Shanghai. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Tron and Ratatouille won’t be open until after 5 years have passed.

MotherOfBirds

Same for Paris and Shanghai. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that Tron and Ratatouille won’t be open until after 5 years have passed.

While I get it in theory, in practice the exclusivity deals don't seem especially necessary to me. An insignificant number of people are insane enough to travel that far because of an exclusive attraction. I mean, for example, what kind of nut would fly all the way to Paris with the specific goal of experiencing an attraction that cannot and will not be found anywhere else on the planet simply because it is a timeless and richly-themed take on a classic Disney attraction that cannot be truly appreciated via HD youtube videos and because you are a fool who cannot be trusted with money?

........not me

What? That just opened 6 years ago. It's not going anywhere.

Yes I was there for most of the construction. That was me asking our insiders if the ride was even a remote possibility with a little blue sky armchair-ing thrown in.

lazyboy97o

While I get it in theory, in practice the exclusivity deals don't seem especially necessary to me. An insignificant number of people are insane enough to travel that far because of an exclusive attraction. I mean, for example, what kind of nut would fly all the way to Paris with the specific goal of experiencing an attraction that cannot and will not be found anywhere else on the planet simply because it is a timeless and richly-themed take on a classic Disney attraction that cannot be truly appreciated via HD youtube videos and because you are a fool who cannot be trusted with money?
Exclusivity is not about making people travel but about who is footing the bill.

bcoachable

Wondering if anyone on the spirited thread can help tell me where I can find one of these? My kiddo got one a few years back, and long story short, some "Aliens" from Rosewell (aka theives) lifted it from a suitcase while we were passing through. It was the only thing she really misses from the stuff that was taken. Hoping my resources here can tell me if there is a chance I can find it anywhere anymore....
yes I have checked amazon and ebay (among many other sites). This is my last ditch effort! Throwing the Hail Mary to the Spirited ones!!!

geekza

Wondering if anyone on the spirited thread can help tell me where I can find one of these? My kiddo got one a few years back, and long story short, some "Aliens" from Rosewell (aka theives) lifted it from a suitcase while we were passing through. It was the only thing she really misses from the stuff that was taken. Hoping my resources here can tell me if there is a chance I can find it anywhere anymore....
yes I have checked amazon and ebay (among many other sites). This is my last ditch effort! Throwing the Hail Mary to the Spirited ones!!!

Sadly, for older items from the parks, setting an eBay alert for when one goes up for auction is about your only option.

RSoxNo1

While I completely agree, the Frozen AA figures are still pretty great. Now, if they were able to switch them out with fully-articulated faces, they'd be unbelievably awesome.
Agreed, and the projected faces on the trolls especially work well. These are just better.

I think these are taking the best of both the Frozen figures and the Mermaid figures. The complaint about the Mermaid figures generally is that the faces look disproportionate. These appear to have figured that out.

geekza

Agreed, and the projected faces on the trolls especially work well. These are just better.

I think these are taking the best of both the Frozen figures and the Mermaid figures. The complaint about the Mermaid figures generally is that the faces look disproportionate. These appear to have figured that out.
Yeah, you can see a definite evolution from Mermaid to Frozen to BatB. Mermaid really showed a leap in realistic body movement with Ursula. Frozen improved body movement even further and the projections worked great for things like the Trolls and the reindeer's eyes. The brief video we have of the BatB figures take the realistic movement of Frozen and up the ante on facial movements. Honestly, I think the Shaman of Songs is on par with the BatB figures, but what BatB does that the Shaman doesn't is take a character that is more cartoony and make it believable. Honestly, it's like seeing these traditionally-animated characters take on a real-world tangibility. As much as I will continue to harp on Disney management for being money-grubbing, soulless robots, the folks they have working for the company in R&D are making the ghost of Walt proud with their boundary-pushing tech.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom