News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

doctornick

I know most people hated it, but maybe they should have kept Stitch around a little longer. Anything new in the SGE space will just be another draw to Tomorrowland, which would add to the capacity problem should a Space Mountain refurbishment happen.

I am really curious as to what is going on with the SGE building. Ideally, they are prepping it behind the scenes for a new attraction -- I remember the hot rumor when the Main Street theater was closed was that the money was diverted to another attraction and it seemed like SGE was the target. I was cautiously optimistic that we'd see a new attraction in that space for the 50th in 2021. I think it still could happen if they work on something now, but the lack of rumors is disheartening.

If they open up something in SGE around/before the 50th along with Tron, I could see them taking Space and the Peoplemover off line in 2022 to fix everything. I know that's a while away, but seems like a best case scenario at this point.

meyeet

I am really curious as to what is going on with the SGE building. Ideally, they are prepping it behind the scenes for a new attraction -- I remember the hot rumor when the Main Street theater was closed was that the money was diverted to another attraction and it seemed like SGE was the target. I was cautiously optimistic that we'd see a new attraction in that space for the 50th in 2021. I think it still could happen if they work on something now, but the lack of rumors is disheartening.

If they open up something in SGE around/before the 50th along with Tron, I could see them taking Space and the Peoplemover off line in 2022 to fix everything. I know that's a while away, but seems like a best case scenario at this point.
Not sure they can do anything completely in secret due to the requirement of permits.

EricsBiscuit

To make the guest experience as good as possible.

Happy guest = money.
How do you quantify the improvement in guest experience? I'm playing devil's advocate here
Disco Balls on Space Mountain?
Yes all over the place
Investing in maintaining the ride is cheaper as a smaller job, than if it breaks and has to have replacement parts and a longer down time for the attraction. Marie
Good!

Missing20K

That is indeed an issue with above-attraction-level-management executives. I know it’s a fact elsewhere on property.

How many of them have been promoted from within the system vs. hired into middle-upper management out of B-school or from other industries?

And if many have been promoted from within, are the compensation packages such that execs are incentivized to reduce costs over increased show, thus leading to execs that, while perhaps steeped in knowledge and bursting with passion for Disney, are simply trying to earn as much as possible for their families, while not getting fired for slipping margins?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom