The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

I don't think we ever had a 5 year. My class had a 10 year that I didn't go to. My class has a fakebook page that they automatically put me in and some kid really wants them to have a 15 years this year but the year is almost over.

Out of 400 people I graduated with, I talk to like 2 people. I liked a girl all four years of high school but she's overly religious and got married (facebook knows all).
I had my 30 this year. :depressed: Didn’t go. Haven’t spoken to those people in 10 years. Went to the 20th. Prior to that hadn’t spoken to any of them, but for some I went to college with and post grad, for 20 years. Figured if I actually cared for any of them we would still be in touch.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I am sure @Songbird76 can tell us the difference between a European and an American basic education. I for one have no idea. Here is an article about what schools are like in Japan. Very interesting.
https://web-japan.org/kidsweb/explore/schools/
James has been complaining about lunch since studying Japanese about "American" food. Guess who's getting his own egg pan for Christmas. I'm getting sick of making 5 course meals on Japanese day

Figgy1

Premium Member
I hate the landline so, so much. But it's not going anywhere. I called my mom yesterday on her cell and she asked why I didn't call the landline. And Dad, of course, usually does not have his phone on.:cautious:
Mr Drunkiepoo called again last night. It seems he got dumped recently, not sure if it's because he drinks or he's drinking because he got dumped:rolleyes: Either way the phone is getting unplugged tonight:D

Figgy1

Premium Member
Can't you just turn off the ringer and let the voicemail pick up? We screen calls through voicemail all the time. Not a fan of ringing phones. (The people that call because they dialed a wrong number, don't leave messages, so it cuts out the annoyance wrong number calls as well.)
I called my moms and inlaws to let them know call the cells after7. It's going bye bye SOON!

Figgy1

Premium Member
My goodness... 5 years? Why so quickly? No one has even had time to change hair styles in 5 years. To think that I had my 50th reunion two and a half years ago, time sure does fly. All my class had was a 25th and the 50th. I signed on for the 75th already. Attendance should be light! According to the census out of 245 classmates, we have only lost about 22 of them and we are all at least 70 now. Just less then 10%. Don't know if that is the average, but, it seems good to me since I am one of the ones still here.
I must have changed my hair at least 10 times in the first 5 year period.:cautious:

Last edited:

SteveBrickNJ

Same except both short hair. We kept in touch with my first grade teacher until she passed.
I have colleagues at my elementary school who ARE MY FORMER students. Three of um!:eek: They had me as their 5th grade band director....they grew up, went to college, graduated as elementary ed majors and now teach in the building they went to school in as elementary kids.
It's rewarding to be teaching in the same building for over 30 years ( this is my 34th year)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom