Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

surfsupdon

I hope the rides are FUN!! And exciting!! I’m nervous that bc I don’t know the IP the rides will not be a must do.

I don’t know what’s happening on Star Tours and we usually skip that ride.

But actually, I don’t know Avatar either—but that ride is incredible bc it’s exciting and fun. Pre show helped too.

Ok, for these Star Wars rides I need a seriously informative pre show!!!

Kman101

I’m sorry if someone mentioned this already but Smugglers Run is one of the worst titles I’ve read since Revenge of the Sith. Thankfully, no one says Everest’s full name, so we should be safe. But the lispy title is back in fashion.

Everyone's going to call it "the Millenium Falcon ride" or "The Falcon ride" ... lol. Smugglers Run is almost irrelevant. Rise of the Resistance isn't awful but guests won't be calling it that either. It will be 'the star wars ride'. 'no not the falcon, the other one' ... 'no not the creaky 1980s simulator'

bshah365

Rise of the Resistance sets and vehicles look amazing... I know we still don't have a lot of info on the attractions specific layout but based on the promo/concept art we've seen so far, this ride seems to have zero physical thrill factor.... Seems like an adventure through empty corridors with storm troopers shooting at us.... which is still really cool!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Rise of the Resistance sets and vehicles look amazing... I know we still don't have a lot of info on the attractions specific layout but based on the promo/concept art we've seen so far, this ride seems to have zero physical thrill factor.... Seems like an adventure through empty corridors with storm troopers shooting at us.... which is still really cool!

I wouldn't rule out some level of thrill here. The ride system seems similar to Spiderman and Transforms at Universal which definitly have physical thrill component to them.

bshah365

I wouldn't rule out some level of thrill here. The ride system seems similar to Spiderman and Transforms at Universal which definitly have physical thrill component to them.

In what way? I don't think these transport vehicles are capable of performing the same dramatic movements to that of Spiderman or Transformers... Those vehicles contain impressive hydraulic machines under each car, catapulting guests at screens/physical sets.. The resistance vehicles are Pooh's Hunny Hunt clones with an added interactive animatronic to the front...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
In what way? I don't think these transport vehicles are capable of performing the same dramatic movements to that of Spiderman or Transformers... Those vehicles contain impressive hydraulic machines under each car, catapulting guests at screens/physical sets.. The resistance vehicles are Pooh's Hunny Hunt clones with an added interactive animatronic to the front...

If "Pooh's Hunny Hunt clones" is true, then I stand corrected, I had not hears this.

doctornick

The Falcon definitly. It has already been announced that the video is generated dynamically like a video game and will respond the guests actions.

Also, Rise of the Resistance will probably at least has some different pathways that are traveled. Not necessary wholly different experiences some some nuanced variability -- that's really one of the best upsides to the LPS ride system.

doctornick

I’m sorry if someone mentioned this already but Smugglers Run is one of the worst titles I’ve read since Revenge of the Sith. Thankfully, no one says Everest’s full name, so we should be safe. But the lispy title is back in fashion.

Totally disagree. Smuggler's Run is IMHO excellent. It's short and sweet while also being descriptive and unique.

Rise of the Resistance is kinda meh in my opinion. As has been said, something involving "Escape" or other active word to hint to the experience would be better.

doctornick

Gotta say it’s nice to be really excited for Star Wars again. WDI is nailing this.

I love everything I'm seeing. And perhaps I'm being overly crazy, but I have very high hopes for the end product.

But biggest thing, though, is that I really lament the loss of the third ride. Regardless of any knowledge of the ride, I feel like the land would really be rounded out with a smaller scale, less intense ride and the Bantha ride (or even something totally different but also a relaxing/exploratory ride) would have balanced out well for these two E-tickets. Hopefully DHS' land gets their expansion pad filled sooner rather than later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom