Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The actors are Disneyland Entertainment Cast Members, not CGI. Disney often uses these CM's for commercials/trailer filming so they don't have to hire outside models/actors.

So you're telling me, that this guy...

1542561238115.png

..is a live actor? The guy, who, when surprised at a red alert only blinks his eyes and has no other facial movement or expression as he jerks his head toward the console and then looks away?

What's his first name?

And why are you asking if this is CGI and then tell me it's not?

bshah365

So you're telling me, that this guy...

View attachment 326738

..is a live actor? The guy, who, when surprised at a red alert only blinks his eyes and has no other facial movement or expression as he jerks his head toward the console and then looks away?

What's his first name?

And why are you asking if this is CGI and then tell me it's not?

I was asking if the sets were CGI/filmed at a different location. I wasn't sure if these actors were in front of half built sets and green screens or if they were in the actual show building. Also, I'm just going to drop this photo with zero context and let everyone form their own appropriate opinion.....

Attachments

• IMG_1788.jpg
    IMG_1788.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 271

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Also, Rise of the Resistance will probably at least has some different pathways that are traveled. Not necessary wholly different experiences some some nuanced variability -- that's really one of the best upsides to the LPS ride system.
Same pathways for same car. It’ll depend which one you sit in. Each car will see the same experience, just along a different route.

tallica

The fact we are living during the same time as an artistic genius the likes of Mozart and Beethoven is not something to be taken lightly.
Everything John Williams touches is gold. Simply incredible.

I would go as far to say that if JW had not scored "a new hope"we would not even be discussing Star Wars! It would have died a long time ago in galaxy far far away.

TP2000

I was asking if the sets were CGI/filmed at a different location. I wasn't sure if these actors were in front of half built sets and green screens or if they were in the actual show building. Also, I'm just going to drop this photo with zero context and let everyone form their own appropriate opinion.....

I thought she looked familiar! I did the Black Panther meet n' greet with family at Disneyland this past summer, and she and her friend were chatting up the kids in the crowd so well! Disneyland really got these ladies to shave their heads too, so they've really committed here. She still has the shaved head in her Star Wars Land cameo.

maxresdefault.jpg

GlacierGlacier

In what way? I don't think these transport vehicles are capable of performing the same dramatic movements to that of Spiderman or Transformers... Those vehicles contain impressive hydraulic machines under each car, catapulting guests at screens/physical sets.. The resistance vehicles are Pooh's Hunny Hunt clones with an added interactive animatronic to the front...
Technical disclaimer - the actuators underneath both Spiderman and Transformers come from a company called Moog. They mainly produce simulators for training, but they also supply Oceaneering with these critical parts.

EDIT: they're also electrical, not hydraulic.

I would expect these ride vehicles to have Moog actuators and be designed by Oceaneering, as the Trackless ride field is pretty much dominated by Oceaneering.

I can't imagine it being anywhere close to Star Tours or even Dino in physical intensity, however.

Last edited:

splah

So b/c the trailer for RotR showed live actors, it begs the question, will they ever have live actors within the ride during operation à la GMR or Gunpowder Pete? I realize this was just a promotional footage, and could represent some safety concerns, but I can't imagine those transports are going to be moving at ludicrous speeds in case a CM got out of a safety zone and needed to avoid it.

Movielover

Same pathways for same car. It’ll depend which one you sit in. Each car will see the same experience, just along a different route.

Will there be moments like in Rat where the cars move into individual screens for a short segment, or will they be grouped together for the entire length of the ride?

fradz

... And these are my favorite moments!
By the way, if you like these, then definetely check out Symbolica at Efteling, where this is the LPS ride I've done that has that the most of these moments so far! (Did all the big ones except Mystic Manor)

doctornick

Question about Star Wars Galaxy's Edge wait times. Let's say that by 2 or 3 in the afternoon, the wait for one of the new rides is like 8 hours long. Would they shut the line down at any point, or allow people to get in line until closing? If they let people in line until closing, the final guests would be leaving DHS shortly before it opens the next day.

IIRC, they closed off the line for FoP before closing as well, due to that reason. I do think they will just end the line at some point if it is very long (as one would expect it to be for a while after opening).

RSD Part Deux

So they are actors that will be projected like holograms (a la Disaster, Harry Potter, etc) or 3d screens, or something else? Maybe this just an artistic impression of what the final product will be. The question is, what will the final output be?

HonorableMention

Question about Star Wars Galaxy's Edge wait times. Let's say that by 2 or 3 in the afternoon, the wait for one of the new rides is like 8 hours long. Would they shut the line down at any point, or allow people to get in line until closing? If they let people in line until closing, the final guests would be leaving DHS shortly before it opens the next day.
I have no idea how they're going to handle these crowds besides having return times to make sure the land doesn't exceed capacity. I feel like they might cap the line for a while if it gets really out of control, but I wouldn't be surprised if they let people get in line right up until closing time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom