Mickey's Mix Magic - New Firework Show 2019

RollerCoaster

I get that, but there is nothing stopping them from utilising castle pyro, correct? Fantasmic can run nightly all year can't it?

Fantasmic can run nightly year-round. Castle pyro could run year-round. Castle fireworks require the closure of walkways and select attractions which increases expense of the show. That alone is why Castle pyro is unlikely.

Beyond Federal laws, the rules vary by city and state. Generally display fireworks have a special classification that requires a trained pyrotechnician and permit. Display fireworks are defined by the amount of flash powder and pyrotechnic composition. The low-level stuff in Fantasmic and off the Castle likely doesn't apply to Disneyland's aerial Fireworks display permits.

Disney Analyst

Fantasmic can run nightly year-round. Castle pyro could run year-round. Castle fireworks require the closure of walkways and select attractions which increases expense of the show. That alone is why Castle pyro is unlikely.

Beyond Federal laws, the rules vary by city and state. Generally display fireworks have a special classification that requires a trained pyrotechnician and permit. Display fireworks are defined by the amount of flash powder and pyrotechnic composition. The low-level stuff in Fantasmic and off the Castle likely doesn't apply to Disneyland's aerial Fireworks display permits.

So I guess for me, it would be cool if they’d offer a “pyro lite” version on week days. Kind of like the MK projection shows.

SuddenStorm

Curious how a "lite" version that plays during the week will impact crowds.

Personally, I prefer quality over quantity. If you're going to only run half the show during the week, don't run it at all.

Imagine if World of Color turned off the fountains and only showed the mist screens.

You don't want the people who go Monday-Thursday to get an intentionally sub par show.

RescueTheDay

Curious how a "lite" version that plays during the week will impact crowds.

Personally, I prefer quality over quantity. If you're going to only run half the show during the week, don't run it at all.

Imagine if World of Color turned off the fountains and only showed the mist screens.

You don't want the people who go Monday-Thursday to get an intentionally sub par show.
I’d say I feel the opposite. Hearing that they’re trying to offer the guest something during the week sounds far better than nothing. Wouldn’t call it half a show, but just a different version of the same show.

SuddenStorm

I’d say I feel the opposite. Hearing that they’re trying to offer the guest something during the week sounds far better than nothing. Wouldn’t call it half a show, but just a different version of the same show.

From what we're hearing, it's the same projections minus fireworks.

If that's not half a show, I dunno what is.

RescueTheDay

From what we're hearing, it's the same projections minus fireworks.

If that's not half a show, I dunno what is.

Unless fireworks are minimal during weekends. You’d still be watching a majority of it during the week. Either way it’s better than offering nothing at Disneyland.

Hatbox Ghostbuster

Or how about just the bliss of Frontierland/ NOS a night when Fantasmic was down last year?
The older I get and the more I go to parks solo/with just my gf, the more I detest all nightly entertainment. Together Forever was such a travesty of a show. And with the sounds of this new dance party? Yeah...count me out.

mickEblu

The older I get and the more I go to parks solo/with just my gf, the more I detest all nightly entertainment. Together Forever was such a travesty of a show. And with the sounds of this new dance party? Yeah...count me out.

Who is the target demo for these things anyway? If I was a day guest I wouldn’t want to spend 2-3 hours of my very expensive / crowded day to camp out for one of these shows to get a good spot. I’d imagine most APs are good after 1-2 viewings of any nighttime spectacular. Looks like the sweet spot is for tourists/ guests staying 2 nights or more.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

No little Hatbox in the future? Surely they would enjoy the nighttime offerings even if papa doesn't....

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Who is the target demo for these things anyway? If I was a day guest I wouldn’t want to spend 2-3 hours of my very expensive / crowded day to camp out for one of these shows to get a good spot. I’d imagine most APs are good after 1-2 viewings of any nighttime spectacular. Looks like the sweet spot is for tourists/ guests staying 2 nights or more.

Tourist with kids I'd imagine is the prime target audience. Or anyone that has nostalgia for the particular characters or show....

SuddenStorm

Or how about just the bliss of Frontierland/ NOS at night when Fantasmic was down last year?

Didn't Fantasmic only run weekends pre Diamond Celebration? That's the most ideal situation- people that want a peaceful ROA at night get it, and people that like Fantasmic can see it on the weekend.

Which is another reason this projection only weeknight Mickey show is absurd. Makes enjoying Main Street/the hub at night near impossible, along with the ROA and Small World area every night of the week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom