Mickey's Mix Magic - New Firework Show 2019

shortstop

Disneyland also does not have the Advantage of having a stage in front of the Castle that other Magic Kingdom parks have and use to add live entertainment along with their projection shows
First time I’ve ever seen the MK castle stage referred to as an advantage!

shortstop

I know wrong choice of words, I guess its an advantage when it comes to entertainment over aesthetics.
Understood! However I’d be careful what you wish for. I think the nuisance it creates isn’t worth it. Even the daytime castle shows at MK are disruptive, IMO. I wouldn’t shed a tear if they removed that stage, and not just because of the aesthetic improvement.

Ismael Flores

Understood! However I’d be careful what you wish for. I think the nuisance it creates isn’t worth it. Even the daytime castle shows at MK are disruptive, IMO. I wouldn’t shed a tear if they removed that stage, and not just because of the aesthetic improvement.

oh it wasn't a wish, i was just pointing out that Projection shows are great if used in conjunction with something else and if the projected structure was correctly sized for all guests to enjoy. None of that is possible at Disneyland where the Castle is not large enough for anything significant to be projected on and where live performance would also not work.

A full on projection show from park that has gotten guests used to elaborate fireworks might end up not being accepted. Worse thing is that most guests don't get to see the projections on the castle and others don't get to be in a spot to enjoy the ones on mainstreet. The viewing area just gets smaller with much of the hub being a bad location to view anything.

so eventhough i don't care for the look of the stages in the other MK parks it can not be denied that it is an advantage for those parks that they have the option of doing less fireworks shows if they wanted and be replaced with projections and live entertainment.

RollerCoaster

I wonder if by focusing on Projections show only TDA will eventually get themselves in a bind with the people of Anaheim. They can get used to not having the sounds of fireworks and then start demanding that Disney does not need them and should focus on their projection entertainment.

I fully expect that Disneyland will include pyro on ALL nights that they would normally present a fireworks show. Basically that is Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays year-round, plus nightly in March and April for about 5-6 weeks, then nightly from Memorial Day to Labor Day.

I expect the Halloween fireworks show will be offered in September and October and the Holiday show will return in November and December. The park has a permit to offer fireworks on roughly 250 nights a year. I doubt they will put such a valuable permit in jeopardy.

The scaled back show is more about offering something on nights when there normally would be NO offering.

mickEblu

I fully expect that Disneyland will include pyro on ALL nights that they would normally present a fireworks show. Basically that is Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays year-round, plus nightly in March and April for about 5-6 weeks, then nightly from Memorial Day to Labor Day.

I expect the Halloween fireworks show will be offered in September and October and the Holiday show will return in November and December. The park has a permit to offer fireworks on roughly 250 nights a year. I doubt they will put such a valuable permit in jeopardy.

The scaled back show is more about offering something on nights when there normally would be NO offering.

I imagine that the shows with no pyro will be playing to a very small crowd after a few months or just tourists who don’t know any better.

RollerCoaster

I imagine that the shows with no pyro will be playing to a very small crowd after a few months or just tourists who don’t know any better.

You're making the assumption that show will be marginal. You can't draw that conclusion right now. This show may be the most popular show in Disneyland history. It's too early to say.

If the Annual Passholders love the show then it will play to a large crowd nightly.

mickEblu

You're making the assumption that show will be marginal. You can't draw that conclusion right now. This show may be the most popular show in Disneyland history. It's too early to say.

If the Annual Passholders love the show then it will play to a large crowd nightly.

It’s called a prediction and yes I can make it. As one mentioned earlier DL doesn’t have the proper infrastructure to host a great projection show.

SuddenStorm

Perhaps this is an unfair comparison- but this is giving me flashbacks to the water projection screens that debuted with Disneyland's Fantasmic.

Originally- they were a supplement to a live action show in addition to actors, pyro, and fountains. Fast forward a few years and Disney's making shows that rely almost entirely on them with World of Color.

The projections on the buildings were a wonderful addition to the pyrotechnics, but making a show that's entirely dependent on them? Yeesh. The people viewing the show at the Rivers of America are gonna be getting shafted.

Disney Analyst

I think SW Nights used Castle Pyro. Maybe Small World Pyro? No High pyro was used.

Right, and they used to do it for grad nite.

My point being, they could easily develop a show much like in Paris, or Hong Kong, that uses Castle Projection/Pyro effects, and then they could introduce it into the big pyro displays we expect on weekends/the summer.

VJ

The people viewing the show at the Rivers of America are gonna be getting shafted.
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by the above, but it was said that the ROA would have the projections on the water screens (and also projections at "it's a small world"). I'm guessing on fireworks nights there will be the usual ROA fireworks along with the projections.

SuddenStorm

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by the above, but it was said that the ROA would have the projections on the water screens (and also projections at "it's a small world"). I'm guessing on fireworks nights there will be the usual ROA fireworks along with the projections.

In my opinion, projections on the water screens are far less impressive then on main Street.

With fireworks, it's less important, but when the projections are the show, it's a huge difference.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom