Mickey's Mix Magic - New Firework Show 2019

fctiger

This is a good way to get inexpensive nighttime entertainment in DL every night. DLR refuses to run Fantasmic nightly like WDW and TDR do, and with the light parade now in DCA, that leaves DL with no nighttime entertainment many nights throughout the year. This fixes that at almost no expense.

The show at HKDL is a lot of fun, and it does not employ pyro. I expect the weekend version with pyro will be even more fun.

Honestly I think the Mickey projection show in HKDL sucked and I saw it in person just a few months ago. That said I think I liked every DL projection show they done and looking forward to this one. It sounds like a good trade off, fireworks on the weekends for the bigger crowds and projections for the smaller ones on the weekdays and when the park closes earlier. But now you have a night show every night.

D.Silentu

So the rumor of greatly reduced fireworks in every new show is true. Projections were already lame and distracting from the real show.

What is Disney thinking?

Likely, that they need a low impact show for when the Star Wars crowd descends. I expect it will be relatively short in length and the different projection locations will attempt to entice people away from the hub.

Last edited:

VJ

To be fair, I like the first part of the HKDL version (assuming Disneyland's won't be much different) which is more of a fitting and fun tribute to Mickey. It's after that when everything gets electronic-y that it loses me.

NateD1226

Mickey Mix Magic Firework Spectacular.
Sponsored by:

1541266631704.jpeg

bshah365

I'm hoping they blast confetti over Main Street similar to when "Magical" premiered during Summer Nightastic.. I remember the confetti being neon colors and them projecting black lights in the sky.. it was such a great experience..

Ismael Flores

I wonder if by focusing on Projections show only TDA will eventually get themselves in a bind with the people of Anaheim. They can get used to not having the sounds of fireworks and then start demanding that Disney does not need them and should focus on their projection entertainment.

I don't mind the projection shows but they do get a bit annoying if that is all they offer. Disneyland also doesn ahve the advantage of large buildings that help add to the WOW factor of projections. There is also so much that can be done with the small mainstreet buildings, the IASW facade, the water screens in Frontierland and the small difficult to see projections in the Castle.

Disneyland also does not have the Advantage of having a stage in front of the Castle that other Magic Kingdom parks have and use to add live entertainment along with their projection shows

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom