Indiana Jones Land?

Magenta Panther

I have little doubt that an Indy land will come to pass. Of course, Neverland would be cooler, as would Wonderland, but hey, they have nothing to do with that cement-headed walking ego that is Robert Iger. So yeah, Indy it is. How well will the Indy films hold up over time? They won't. So I look forward to Disney casting a new actor to take over Harrison Ford's role in any future Indy films. Since that worked so well for them LAST time. :p

jt04

I have little doubt that an Indy land will come to pass. Of course, Neverland would be cooler, as would Wonderland, but hey, they have nothing to do with that cement-headed walking ego that is Robert Iger. So yeah, Indy it is. How well will the Indy films hold up over time? They won't. So I look forward to Disney casting a new actor to take over Harrison Ford's role in any future Indy films. Since that worked so well for them LAST time. :p

If they can reboot James Bond with a new actor they can also reboot IJ.

IMO.

Timothy_Q

Why? Because it's still rentable on Netflix?
Because we're still talking about it.
Because kids know who Indiana Jones is.
Because the soundtrack is one of the most recognizable of movie history
Because people are excited about the idea of a land
Because it's still being referenced in anything to do with temples
etc etc

Last edited:
Howdo Neverland and Wonderland have less to do with Robert Iger's ego than Indiana Jones?? o_O

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt in the Hatt

I am not eating at the table service place
2376F0E6-6F06-4D97-A0E6-5BAD557AD4CF.jpeg

999th Happy Haunt

Indy’s right up there with Star Wars when considering the most iconic films of all time

britain

Indy’s right up there with Star Wars when considering the most iconic films of all time
I love the Indiana Jones films, I think I even love them more than the Star Wars films. But they are even more derivative of earlier adventure serials than SW is. That’s not a bad thing, but since there is less unique synthesis and mixing of genres going on in IJ than in SW, that also leaves it vulnerable to feeling a touch generic.

The world is full of adventure heroes outfitted in jungle explorer clothing, trying to get ancient supernatural artifacts while riding a runaway mine train and fighting Nazis. There aren’t that many laser sword-wielding monks traveling in worn-down spaceships and fighting Nazis.

BrianLo

View attachment 321636 *

*Seeing as this is a family site, I highly recommend watching What We Do in the Shadows via Vidangel. :)

Totally off topic, but I legitimately accidentally saw this in Wellington in the summer of 2014. I must have walked into the wrong theatre (I was going to watch some Hollywood garbage that I don't remember and never saw). I thought it was a short at first from the local theatre, since it was visibly shot in Wellington, until it kept going...

A wonderfully delightful and fortuitous find!

999th Happy Haunt

I love the Indiana Jones films, I think I even love them more than the Star Wars films. But they are even more derivative of earlier adventure serials than SW is. That’s not a bad thing, but since there is less unique synthesis and mixing of genres going on in IJ than in SW, that also leaves it vulnerable to feeling a touch generic.

The world is full of adventure heroes outfitted in jungle explorer clothing, trying to get ancient supernatural artifacts while riding a runaway mine train and fighting Nazis. There aren’t that many laser sword-wielding monks traveling in worn-down spaceships and fighting Nazis.
True, but now whenever anybody sees an adventure movie, their first though is Indiana Jones, it’s become synonymous with the genre.

999th Happy Haunt

I’d argue Indy is a better fit for the studios than Star Wars is, it takes place in roughly the same time as the golden age of Hollywood, so it would aesthetically fit better than a galaxy far far away. Perhaps a little looser connection, but film crews often have to travel to exotic places to film, so maybe thats a strong enough idea to why we’re in hollywood and suddenly in an exotic jungle around the same era? Like I said, very loose connection, but it’s reasonable.

doctornick

True, but now whenever anybody sees an adventure movie, their first though is Indiana Jones, it’s become synonymous with the genre.

This is is basically what I was thinking. Yeah, Indiana Jones is clearly derivative. But it's so well known and entrenched in popular culture that it basically is the archetype now for the genre. Everything in that vein inevitably gets compared to Indiana Jones as a point of reference.

The idea of Indiana Jones "not holding up over time" is just laughable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom