HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

ThemeParkTraveller

Hey does anybody know of any good sites to follow recent construction pics? Kinda similar to MintCrocodile but for Hong Kong? I really want to follow this castle project. Or maybe do any of you here have any recent photos of the castle?

This is a good site, even if the updates aren't super regular.

http://www.themeparx.com/hong-kong-disneyland-expansion/

From what I can tell, progress hasn't really begun on the castle's transformation. This picture was from last month:

1531422898_36680410_295675717676364_4967437614094221312_n.jpg

IMDREW

Hey does anybody know of any good sites to follow recent construction pics? Kinda similar to MintCrocodile but for Hong Kong? I really want to follow this castle project. Or maybe do any of you here have any recent photos of the castle?
Hey! I’ve been following hong kong mainstreet gazette. It’s hkmsg.blogspot.com I think. They also have a Youtube channel and they give regular updates on all HKDL projects. Atm its about the new antman ride and castle, but they also covered the moana stageshow from beginning to end of construction. You have to use a little google translate to know what they’re talking about. But it’s the only site that gives good regular updates on HKDL construction.

cheezbat

Regardless of HKDL’s castle being a Sleeping Beauty clone, it still served as the parks weenie. Heck, Tokyo has had a clone of Cinderella castle for 35 years! (When is that one gonna get replaced?)

I was referring to the park just having ugly walls up around the castle for already 7 months...and a long way to go. Very Un-Disney like. They should’ve built a bigger castle from the start and we never would’ve had this problem.

IMDREW

I hope they'll open the new Frozen area in 2020 like planned. Maybe the coaster would open sometime later just like SDMT in NFL at magic kingdom. Anyone know if thats the plan?

ThemeParkTraveller

I hope they'll open the new Frozen area in 2020 like planned. Maybe the coaster would open sometime later just like SDMT in NFL at magic kingdom. Anyone know if thats the plan?

It looks like they are still in the land preparation phase of Frozen, so I would be very surprised if they could finish the area in 2020. Officially, I believe the intent is still to open in 2021.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom