The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Has anyone else tried the Bodygym (the one that Marie Osmond advertises on an infomercial)? Basically it's a bar with an elastic band thing that adjusts to a bunch of different exercises. I bought it for my shoulders and neck area to stretch out, after tensing up at the computer at work. It's surprisingly good for that.

Anyway, my dog HATES it. :p Haven't a clue why, but anytime I try to lift or stretch with it, he doesn't stop barking and pacing . . . must be a dog thing . . . Then again, I'm not the most coordinated person, and maybe he's trying to protect me from myself? :hilarious:
Would it surprise you my dh has the Tony Little one with the stronger bands and I'm the only one who ever uses it. It's not my favorite gadget but it's not horrible.

Goofyernmost

Me:D I have an ice cream maker
How much did the ingredients cost? Is it electric.. how much power was used. Did it need dry ice? How much was that? How much time was involved with cleanup and preparation? If it came to a lot less then $2.50 cents then you have my vote. Oh, and pay yourself minimum wage. Is the half priced ice cream starting to sound better? :angelic::hungry:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
@ajrwdwgirl , I know you got a nice jacket recently, but if you also wanted another one to rotate with (we gals need variety ;)), I notice on the Kohls web site that they have quite a few Columbia (the brand you like) jackets on sale through today. (The Columbus Day holiday might be bigger out here, and not sure if Kohls is running the same promotion out in your state; but if interested, maybe take a peek.) They had some nice colors in a wide range of sizes, from fleece to much heavier winter jackets. :) (And another random thought--a hint to hubby for Christmas, maybe?) :angelic:

Thanks for the heads up about Kohls. I should be good on jackets now but maybe I'll see what they have on sale for winter boots. The Kohl's I went to only had winter boots for kids but not adults.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Has anyone else tried the Bodygym (the one that Marie Osmond advertises on an infomercial)? Basically it's a bar with an elastic band thing that adjusts to a bunch of different exercises. I bought it for my shoulders and neck area to stretch out, after tensing up at the computer at work. It's surprisingly good for that.

Anyway, my dog HATES it. :p Haven't a clue why, but anytime I try to lift or stretch with it, he doesn't stop barking and pacing . . . must be a dog thing . . . Then again, I'm not the most coordinated person, and maybe he's trying to protect me from myself? :hilarious:

I don't have the device you were talking about, but whenever I do any yoga my dog hates it. She acts like how you described Jack acting. Dogs are weird.

donaldtoo

You need to totally get your dd to recreate that shot! Oh, and one of her being a Disney princess of course.;)

DD has a good friend who is a professional photographer, so I’m sure that could be easily arranged ;) (I thought the same thing, btw :))!
She has already done an outdoor spring family photo shoot for us back shortly after DD and SonIL found out they were going to be parents...!!! :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
For all those with a old "love" of a Cinderella in their past here you go....

So I'm a sucker, though I don't know why for great popcorn buckets. I have this one from three years ago.

CPCB7502741.jpg

And over the weekend I saw the Tokyo version recently released. Looks identical only save the plastic color. \

s-l640.jpg

A slight alteration of the paint shot and color but the old seems to be new again.
Interesting. Cinderella returns....

Figgy1

Premium Member
How much did the ingredients cost? Is it electric.. how much power was used. Did it need dry ice? How much was that? How much time was involved with cleanup and preparation? If it came to a lot less then $2.50 cents then you have my vote. Oh, and pay yourself minimum wage. Is the half priced ice cream starting to sound better? :angelic::hungry:
It doesn't need dry ice and I never have to do any work to get it to work;) Having goodies without fear of an ER trip priceless

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Would it surprise you my dh has the Tony Little one with the stronger bands and I'm the only one who ever uses it. It's not my favorite gadget but it's not horrible.

How did you know the bands were stronger with the Tony Little one? Do you also have the Bodygym and compared the two of them together? Just curious. I think the band with the Bodygym has plenty of resistance and if you need more, they tell you to wrap it a few times around the pole thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom