The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Yes, I'm very lucky living over here to get to see a LOT of historical places. I love that. It's so fascinating to me to learn how other people lived and why they did what they did. If I'm thinking of the right picture, that is the port that leads into the actual castle grounds rather than into the castle itself. But if it's the wrought iron doors at the top of a stairway lined with a deep red carpet, that's the entrance to the castle itself and wouldn't have looked like in the original structure.

But, this is Doornenburg Castle....and you can see the drawbridge over the moat and the red and white doors into the castle....
View attachment 318943

And this is the port that leads to those castle grounds:
View attachment 318944

And they had similar doors in the port. So those were more....defensive? Like....those were actually from the wall around the castle, and then the actual castle had the moat and drawbridge, and then heavy doors. By the time Haar Castle was rebuilt in the 1800s, there was no need for castle defenses anymore, so then everything just became purely decorative.
Definitively looks like a defensive castle from the medieval times, the moat specifically is the giveaway.
Not many modern castles are build with water around it with a bridge.

donaldtoo

DD, SonIL, and DG have been home since about 3:30p today!
Got back from visiting with them about 9p, and they’re all doing great!!!!! :happy:
In addition to the fact that DD is going to be a SAHM, SonIL also has the next 4 mos. off paid paternity leave with his job at Facebook...!!!!! :)
He is a good man, loves our daughter very much, and I’m sooo very glad he’s in our family!!!!! :)
Such a hands on dad, and sooo good with DG...!!!!!!! :)
Life is good...!!!!! :happy:

Last edited:

MySmallWorldof4

Got back from visiting with them about 9p, and they’re all doing great!!!!! :happy:
In addition to the fact that DD is going to be a SAHM, SonIL also has the next 4 mos. off paid paternity leave with his job at Facebook...!!!!! :)
He is a good man, loves our daughter very much, and I’m sooo very glad he’s in our family!!!!! :)
I wonder how their first night went. I am not a FB fan at all, but 4 mos. is very generous.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Your posts really lifted our spirits here this past week. :) Positive, happy energy is contagious, apparently. ;)

Glad that all are doing so well, and wow--4 mos. paternity leave for dad--awesome!!! :cool:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@ajrwdwgirl , I know you got a nice jacket recently, but if you also wanted another one to rotate with (we gals need variety ;)), I notice on the Kohls web site that they have quite a few Columbia (the brand you like) jackets on sale through today. (The Columbus Day holiday might be bigger out here, and not sure if Kohls is running the same promotion out in your state; but if interested, maybe take a peek.) They had some nice colors in a wide range of sizes, from fleece to much heavier winter jackets. :) (And another random thought--a hint to hubby for Christmas, maybe?) :angelic:

Figgy1

Premium Member
OK gang, it’s, obviously ;), been one heck of an awesome (major understatement, of course ;)) weekend...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull::happy:
I’ll try and ketchup soon, but, I’m out for now, and it’s back to the grind tomorrow...!!!
The sweetest of dreams and/or mornin’ to each and every one of y’all...!!!!!
See y’allllllllll...!!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull::)
Don't worry about ketchupping just rest when you can

Figgy1

Premium Member
I feel like I forgot to make something. So far butt, hot dogs, sausage, potato salad, green salad, bean salad, corn bread, mac and cheese, baked beans, tomato/pepper/onion salad and fresh fruit. What the heck am I forgetting to make:banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom