News Liberty Square Riverboat closing for long refurb

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That sounds like it could go horribly wrong or so so right. Thankfully I'm only picturing how it could've gone great, and now I'm curious to know more about it... :) Could you share some juicy details?
Barnstormer style, IP themed ride on the island. Permanently dock the river boat. Build permanent walkways to the island.

You get the idea.

Bocabear

Too close to BT for another outdoor coaster imo.
The island is also a lot smaller than it looks...when you look at the footprint for a coaster, it would take the entire island space to do it... They could do Draw bridges like the use at EPCOT to bring the barges out, but that would be a lot of opening anfd closing for the riverboat on a daily basis...

jt04

The island is also a lot smaller than it looks...when you look at the footprint for a coaster, it would take the entire island space to do it... They could do Draw bridges like the use at EPCOT to bring the barges out, but that would be a lot of opening anfd closing for the riverboat on a daily basis...

Really not that many for a well engineered bridge. Much more of an issue at Disneyland. I think that is why Eddie Sotto favors the tunnel concept.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom