Peter Pan Refurbishment in January 2019?

Bocabear

I feel you're disagreeing with me and then suggesting more or less the same thing.
lol Not disagreeing with you...I think it would be too tight an area to put an expanded version of PPF and two other attractions... But I like the idea as long as they move Small World to EPCOT...

RSoxNo1

lol Not disagreeing with you...I think it would be too tight an area to put an expanded version of PPF and two other attractions... But I like the idea as long as they move Small World to EPCOT...
I don't think it would have to take up the same footprint as small world, but removing the building opens up a lot more space. I'd also probably get rid of Pinocchio's as well

brb1006

Not sure, but I can surmise (pretty obviously once you hear them) that it's not the original voice actors.

Maybe @marni1971 has some insight from that big Disney brain of his?
In other words, the Captain Hook, Smee, and Peter Pan audio track are 63 years old! That's just sad, no wonder Hook and Smee's voices sounded different. It's worse when you seen previous stage shows featuring Hook and Smee with their current voices and then ride on Peter Pan's Flight and you hear audio that is as old at Walt Disney World itself. At least the Disneyland version uses the current voice actors and some music from the original film instead of "You Can Fly" being the only soundtrack. Helps that some of the soundtrack comes from the film.

The Walt Disney World soundtrack.

Speedy71

I'm glad that this is a thread I mean WDW's peter pan is embarrassing at this point. Heck even Paris updated theirs and were here stuck with a outdated embarrassment of a ride with audio that predates WDW itself.

Last edited:

Sharon&Susan

That's actually pretty amazing, are there other props/set pieces that have survived from opening day that anyone knows of? I would guess that Snow White might have something.

05BE1C22-35C8-43E9-A502-EBE8C1D0E8F5.jpeg
71B2239E-F446-4D26-B646-5A2B983010A0.jpeg

It seems to not exactly be the same painting, but painting 2 is definitely based of painting 1, wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a lot of stuff like this, that aren’t reused from the 1955 version, but based closely off it.

yensidtlaw1969

View attachment 318725View attachment 318726
It seems to not exactly be the same painting, but painting 2 is definitely based of painting 1, wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a lot of stuff like this, that aren’t reused from the 1955 version, but based closely off it.
A lot of Disneyland's Mr. Toad is like this -- I came across an old E Ticket Magazine article a few months back detailing the original attraction and was surprised to see how much of the current attraction is closely based on what was there originally. If I recall generally, from the time your ride vehicle exits Toad Hall into the Countryside to the Explosion Room you're basically charting a nicely spruced up version of the original attraction. And of course the ending is similar to the original, though more fully realized.

I'll have to see if I can dig it back up, I had never imagined until then how close the current attraction is to the original -- Pan is essentially the same experience but with nearly every visual upgraded meaningfully (save perhaps Nana), and Snow White bares VERY little resemblance to what it once was, as does Alice in Wonderland. My expectation was that Toad was a different animal like these, but it was thrilling to see how much is really just a refreshed look at the original experience!

EDIT: Found it! https://www.waltdisney.org/blog/1955-2015-disneylands-mr-toads-wild-ride

Last edited:

mickEblu

You're forgetting Hook yelling "Fire Mr. Smee", "Help me Mr. Smee help me", "Now I got you Peter Pan", and "There take that Peter Pan" which can be heard everywhere once you enter Never land.

Who is that terrible voice actor doing Captain Hooks voice? It sounds nothing like Captain Hook. This is the first time I see a ride through of WDWs Pan. Awful.

ryguy

This ride is one of the most disappointing in WDW. Given all the new technology over the years the ride should be amazing. Total gut is the only thing that will fix it. I was hoping when the new fantasyland was being designed and built Peter Pan would have been redone. I guess they figure since it always has an hour wait why bring it up to date.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom