News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

ToTBellHop

No. The second there is lightning within 50 miles, the gondolas come to a complete stop and guests are invited to belay down and continue by foot. Here’s concept art of guests continuing from CBR to Epcot:

9F877FBC-E9E0-4560-8F32-55D7A457D469.jpeg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Why would you be concerned about protecting a test car?

I admire your work but have to say no, why would they use a car that is not standard to check clearances? Has to be the same as what they will use on the line.

Yes, I agree, I bring it up just to prepare for the people who will inevitably ask the same question.

Goofyernmost

I have to catch up on about a month's worth of posts, so apologies if this is old news but I don't think it is. My guess is they're testing clearances and mechanics in the station.
Credit: Paging Mr. Morrow on YT (link).View attachment 313137
We can put it to rest. No air conditioning.
Funny thing, I put it to rest almost 600 pages ago.

Tomorrow they will do the same test except they will set it on fire to take care of the likelihood that it comes in a flamin'. That way they can see if the fire extinguishers work as well.

Bender123

Funny thing, I put it to rest almost 600 pages ago.

Tomorrow they will do the same test except they will set it on fire to take care of the likelihood that it comes in a flamin'. That way they can see if the fire extinguishers work as well.

I bet they were testing the alligator access ramps and/or the station based cremation urn fillers. After you burn, they want to fill those special collectible urns efficiently. If you die of a lightning strike, they need to allow the gators a way to eat.

Goofyernmost

I bet they were testing the alligator access ramps and/or the station based cremation urn fillers. After you burn, they want to fill those special collectible urns efficiently. If you die of a lightning strike, they need to allow the gators a way to eat.
A big money maker would be to sell Gondola shaped urns. If one doesn't buy one, a gator gets to snack on the leftovers.:eek::joyfull:

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Looks like BlogMickey has a picture of a gondola at the DHS station. I would assume some sort of testing will take place soon? Not on an actual cable but maybe to verify the cabin itself is adequate?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom