News Improvements coming to the entrances of all four Walt Disney World theme parks

peter11435

This is where I assume that by "open beverage" you were excluding any that included alcohol mixed in them in the room :). Honest question, would that same rule apply to a beer or sangria that I had purchased at the pizza counter on the boardwalk?
Disney policy very clearly excludes bringing alcohol into the parks. So if the beverage you were carrying was beer or sangria or appeared to possible be alcohol then yes, the guards were right to ask you to dispose of it. If it was water, soda, etc then you should have been allowed to enter with it.

Last edited:

Skibum1970

When I first read the title, I thought that they were going to actually make big improvements, such as interesting or fun looking ticket/magic band scanning areas. Epcot's still looks as it did back when it opened and unfortunately that isn't a good thing. However, beyond that, I couldn't think of any other ways to improve.

What I would like to know is this (and it is an actual question). What kind of things do people need that necessitate an entire backpack or multiple backpacks for visiting the parks?

With a baby, I could see diapers and stuff needed to take care of the baby for feeding and such. However, I see families walking in that look as if they are planning for a trek into the Andes or Himalayas. Did they mistake Expedition Everest for an actual trip on Mt. Everest? We always use the non-bag security and so it doesn't faze me either way (as long as I don't get whacked by someone's bag as they walk past).

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Then it’s typical to put /s or some type of laughing emoji to imply that. People can’t tell what type of tone a post is through text.
I can see how being new to this poster’s style might make that particular comment’s hilarity a little ambiguous.

I got it. I thought it was hysterical.

Welcome to the forums BTW. Stick around for a while. I can’t wait to see you come upon one of @George ‘s posts.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
Disney policy very clearly excludes bringing alcohol into the parks. So if the beverage you were carrying was beer or sangria or appeared to possible be alcohol then yes, the guards were right to ask you to dispose of it. If it was water, soda, etc then you should have been allowed to enter with it.

I always found it odd (especially at the International Gateway) that you could buy alcohol both inside and outside of the park, but couldn't carry it through the entrance/exit. If you were carrying a drink, you had to finish it before you could go through.

geekza

Crazy laws. Nearby Jack Daniels Distillery is in a 'dry county'. They send batches out to be tasted over the county line! In some counties, you can buy wine in a liquor store, but, not a corkscrew. Meanwhile, in the supermarket next door, you can buy a corkscrew, but, no wine! :arghh:
I used to work as a proofreader for the State Legislature here and ended up reading far more of the WV Code pertaining to alcohol than I ever wanted to. It's sooooo complicated. Also, I got a kick out of the usage of the term "non-intoxicating beer" in relation to any kind of beer. My college-aged self has something to say regarding the veracity of that description. lol

splash327

When I first read the title, I thought that they were going to actually make big improvements, such as interesting or fun looking ticket/magic band scanning areas. Epcot's still looks as it did back when it opened and unfortunately that isn't a good thing. However, beyond that, I couldn't think of any other ways to improve.

What I would like to know is this (and it is an actual question). What kind of things do people need that necessitate an entire backpack or multiple backpacks for visiting the parks?

With a baby, I could see diapers and stuff needed to take care of the baby for feeding and such. However, I see families walking in that look as if they are planning for a trek into the Andes or Himalayas. Did they mistake Expedition Everest for an actual trip on Mt. Everest? We always use the non-bag security and so it doesn't faze me either way (as long as I don't get whacked by someone's bag as they walk past).

While i don't have a huge backpack, i almost always have a bag. With having to ware glasses, i usually have my regular glasses in my bag, the current popcorn bucket, and a couple fuel rods to charge my phone.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Crazy laws. Nearby Jack Daniels Distillery is in a 'dry county'. They send batches out to be tasted over the county line! In some counties, you can buy wine in a liquor store, but, not a corkscrew. Meanwhile, in the supermarket next door, you can buy a corkscrew, but, no wine! :arghh:

Life is a CRPG. You can't fulfill a quest by visiting just one location!

raymusiccity

I used to work as a proofreader for the State Legislature here and ended up reading far more of the WV Code pertaining to alcohol than I ever wanted to. It's sooooo complicated. Also, I got a kick out of the usage of the term "non-intoxicating beer" in relation to any kind of beer. My college-aged self has something to say regarding the veracity of that description. lol
I think it alludes to the dreaded 2% beer !

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom