News Artist Point to become Storybook Dining character experience

scarr13311

Normally I would say NOOOOOOO!!!!! But after my last meal there. Bring it on. The food and the presentation was beyond boring and tasteless. Which is sad since it has always been one of my favorites. I hate it when they get new Chefs that change things for the worst.

I agree, we used to eat Artist Point but stop going because the last two times were not good. Same for Citricos the service was bad and food came out cold. Manager came made the complaint and gave us new plates but the food was still cold. Just could not get it right. In fact we stop going to the all the Signature dinning restaurants because they are so overpriced. Can't see paying high prices for a piece of meat with blister tomatoes, or 3 small carrots, or some vegetable hash.

brb1006

I feel like Bambi characters would also be a good option - I feel like at least Thumper exists as a costume, right?
Yeah, Thumper exists at the parks along with his mate Miss Bunny. They made an appearance sometime last year and during the Easter pre-parade.

Disneyhead'71

If they NEED another character breakfast fine go ahead. But here is what I would do. Change the name from Artist Pointe to Eagle Peak Chop House. Artist Pointe is an overlook at Yellowstone Falls and Eagle Peak is the highest point in Yellowstone so I think it's a fair trade. And the Signature Restaurant should be a high point of your stay, right?

Eagle Peak Chop House would feature steaks (beef and buffalo) and game like venison, elk, and quail. The place could give California Grill and Yatchman's Steakhouse a run for their money. Shouldn't Yatchman's be seafood anyway?

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Normally I would say NOOOOOOO!!!!! But after my last meal there. Bring it on. The food and the presentation was beyond boring and tasteless. Which is sad since it has always been one of my favorites. I hate it when they get new Chefs that change things for the worst.
That's a shame to hear. When we were local, we'd watch the menu like hawks for the pork belly risotto. Perhaps my favorite dish of all time.

castlecake2.0

It’s very surprising they’d give up a signature location for this, but at the same time it’s been a 40% off employee restaurant for a while, maybe they need to increase traffic.

Unplugged

That would leave Wilderness Lodge as the only Deluxe without a signature, right?
Without a quick search, I believe you're right, which makes little sense to me. When this first popped onto the radar, it made sense as a character breakfast which would help easy the congestion at Chef Mickey's in the morning. I think AP would do well adding a character breakfast, though we'd never attend.

I thought they'd start as Breakfast, then, if it worked out, add the lunch. Seems odd to start with dinner, which already does a good business and work backwards when they don't have a morning offering at all now. It's unused space and could be adding to Iger's retirement fund.

trainplane3

I've heard today that it's a Snow White/Seven Dwarfs character dinner to start, possibly adding breakfast and lunch if enough interest.
Welp, if that's true then there goes that one for me.

That would leave Wilderness Lodge as the only Deluxe without a signature, right?
Yep. There's Roaring Fork (QS), Whispering Canyon (single credit TS), and now Geyser Point Bar & Grill (out door QS/TS-ish place).

Biff215

Guess now we know why Whispering Canyon was toned down, it will soon be the only place to sit down and have a decent dinner at WL.

This makes no sense. Start with breakfast and see if there’s demand for lunch. If it’s crazy popular, maybe then you decide to change the dinner. But to start there just seems backwards.

WL isn’t directly connected to a park like most other deluxes, but AKL isn’t either and it has two signature dinner locations!

Jon81uk

Guess now we know why Whispering Canyon was toned down, it will soon be the only place to sit down and have a decent dinner at WL.

This makes no sense. Start with breakfast and see if there’s demand for lunch. If it’s crazy popular, maybe then you decide to change the dinner. But to start there just seems backwards.

WL isn’t directly connected to a park like most other deluxes, but AKL isn’t either and it has two signature dinner locations!

I think AKL only has Jiko as signature. Sanaa and Boma are just very regular table service and buffet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom