News Artist Point to become Storybook Dining character experience

BASS

I'll echo the other posters about the meal at Artist Point. I ate there roughly 2 years ago and it was awful. I recall the dessert being very good, but otherwise, the food and service was regrettable. We were very disappointed and have not returned since.

trainplane3

I'll echo the other posters about the meal at Artist Point. I ate there roughly 2 years ago and it was awful. I recall the dessert being very good, but otherwise, the food and service was regrettable. We were very disappointed and have not returned since.
I won't argue with a refurb but jamming characters into something is not a guarantee to make it better. If this is a refresh on the food, service, and theme then I'm fine with it. But sticking whatever set of characters into a place that's known (or previously known to some users here) to be a more up scale dining experience, won't fix it.

It'll just turn it into another "eat burgers with *character here* restaurant".

BASS

I won't argue with a refurb but jamming characters into something is not a guarantee to make it better. If this is a refresh on the food, service, and theme then I'm fine with it. But sticking whatever set of characters into a place that's known (or previously known to some users here) to be a more up scale dining experience, won't fix it.

It'll just turn it into another "eat burgers with *character here* restaurant".

I don't have any opinion on character dining. I was just pointing out that my last experience there was really frustrating. Not only was it not up to Disney standards, it was probably one of the worst dining meals I can recall anywhere. It was that bad.

trainplane3

I don't have any opinion on character dining. I was just pointing out that my last experience there was really frustrating. Not only was it not up to Disney standards, it was probably one of the worst dining meals I can recall anywhere. It was that bad.
I actually had a bit more on that reply that had to do with your experience but it didn't save my response so when I went back to typing it, I didn't notice it lacked a couple sentences.
To sum up what I was going to ask you:
What didn't go well with your dinner? I'm curious since I've only had one questionable meal there over the past 20-ish years.

BASS

I actually had a bit more on that reply that had to do with your experience but it didn't save my response so when I went back to typing it, I didn't notice it lacked a couple sentences.
To sum up what I was going to ask you:
What didn't go well with your dinner? I'm curious since I've only had one questionable meal there over the past 20-ish years.

I don't recall the specifics. This was a couple years ago. But I recall ordering an appetizer that involved pasta and promised a farm egg. There was no egg or sauce. It was just pasta. And nothing else. It was like a 1/4 completed dish. I also recall being very underwhelmed by the steak. I had also brought a nice bottle of wine and it sat there on the table for quite a while until someone bothered to uncork it for us. The service in general was lacking (and I typically don't care too much about service). Just remarkably underwhelming, which is disappointing considering the space.

I much prefer Bluezoo, Jiko, and Flying Fish when we dine in Disney.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Universal closed Emeril's Tchoup Chop at The Royal Pacific in January and so far the only thing announced is they are going to be having character breakfasts there and it's now called The Tahitian Room.
Ok...what I’m saying is that character meals represent a decline in food quality/value from a place like artist’s point.

We need fewer chef Mickey’s...not more

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom