News Artist Point to become Storybook Dining character experience

wannabeBelle

This looks like a great idea!!! I hope it is themed well. Id like to see some more characters from a wooded type of location as well, which opens it up to some interesting options. This is just smart and a great use of an underutilized area. I cant wait to see this!! Marie

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Seems like an attempt is underway to have a character dining experience at all Deluxes.

Contemporary -- Chef Mickey
Poly -- Stitch Breakfast
Grand Floridian -- 1900 Park Fare Princesses
Beach/Yacht -- Cape May Breakfast
Boardwalk -- The breakfast at Trattoria al Forno
Swolphin -- Garden Grove

This takes care of Wilderness Lodge, leaving only AKL without character dining amongst the Deluxes

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Seems like an attempt is underway to have a character dining experience at all Deluxes.

Poly -- Stitch Breakfast
Swolphin -- Garden Grove

This takes care of Wilderness Lodge, leaving only AKL without character dining amongst the Deluxes

Timon and Rafiki coming soon to Boma. It’s a shot in the dark; however, who would be surprised at this point?

Edit: forgot about Terk and possibly Tarzan. On the other hand, any character is ripe for picking ‘cause Snow White ain’t from Tacoma.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Dead SIG walking :(. One can have CHARACTER Dining, or FINE Dining.... not both. WL no longer has Signature Dining :(. We are no longer bothering with AP - sad, as we used to love it....

Now, for reference....

1) THREE REAL Signature Restaurants at the GF.... about $10 per leg, by cab, from the WL. OR? Bus/boat to MK, Monorail to GF for free.
2) GREAT Signature at the Contemporary (Cal Grill). About $10 per leg, by cab, from the WL. OR? Direct boat to GF for free.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

Last edited:

note2001

Poly -- Stitch Breakfast
Swolphin -- Garden Grove

I'll rally the zebra, giraffe, cattle and waterbuck together to stampede if they try to put a Lion King dinner at Sanna.

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes

Poly -- Stitch Breakfast
Swolphin -- Garden Grove

It is up to each individual resort to fund having characters at their locations. Itll be up to individual resort management, not entertainment, to decide if they want to shell out the money. It’s definitely proving to be a difficult decision, the character caravan at All-Stars has been indefinitely postponed.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This looks like a great idea!!! I hope it is themed well. Id like to see some more characters from a wooded type of location as well, which opens it up to some interesting options. This is just smart and a great use of an underutilized area. I cant wait to see this!! Marie
...I’m not sure you’re being part of the “solution” here...

More crappy character meals? Are we not getting enough ecv traffic?

Artists point was something the current Disney traveler can’t stand: Not the same food and the character upcharge

RIP...been a consistent patron for 21 years

note2001

Whispering Canyon would have made more sense
I see where you're coming from, but the theme of WL is that of Native American culture and the pacific northwest. Whispering Canyon Cafe is right in the heart of all those totem poles, teepee lights and the other display items. (Not to mention all the people who would be snapping shots from outside of the restaurant and calling to the characters.)

A better fit would have been either Trails End over in Fort Wilderness or Geyser Point out by the lake.

All this is neither here nor there though as the infinite lack of wisdom that is Disney has decided Artist Point is to be sacrificed.

the.dreamfinder

I'll rally the zebra, giraffe, cattle and waterbuck together to stampede if they try to put a Lion King dinner at Sanna.
Thankfully, there aren’t a lot of Lion King foamheads; just Rafiki and Timon*.

But I guess Nick and Judy are coming to visit then.

*maybe there are more, but that’s all I can recall atm.

Last edited:

trainplane3

I know a good deal of people here had issues with AP but I wish they would've just did a refurb and improved the service/quality instead of a "stick character X here so we can turn a bigger profit" move (or whatever the reason was). I guess when you run out of ideas, you just stick a character in there and hope for the best?

Between this and mentioning the (distant) rumor about HDDR, I'll quote my parents as saying "It sucks to ruin AP like this but if HDDR goes, then they can just have our WL timeshare back". Yeah, they aren't too happy.

lostpro9het

tenor.gif

jaxonp

Timon and Rafiki coming soon to Boma. It’s a shot in the dark; however, who would be surprised at this point?

Edit: forgot about Terk and possibly Tarzan. On the other hand, any character is ripe for picking ‘cause Snow White ain’t from Tacoma.

nah it'll be at Sanaa... nobody goes there while Boma is usually already packed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom