News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Contracts are contractual. That's why Battista was asking to be released from the contract rather than stating he definitely won't come back.

The delay is to find a new director. Set-up for shooting was put off because it should be overseen by the new director.

Given how far off the ride is scheduled to open, a half-year delay is still within the time frame of shooting what you need before the ride opens.

Brer Oswald

The attraction would be built, I think we are too far into it to NOT go that way. About the only thing that might happen, is that it might be re-themed to a different IP or concept. Any thoughts @marni1971 ? Marie
There’s no doubt that a coaster will be built. It’ll likely still be starting the Guardians. I was just speaking on a theoretical “worst case scenario” situation. Of course, they could always make that “inside the body” coaster they had planned for Wonders of Life ;) !

Brer Oswald

Contracts are contractual. That's why Battista was asking to be released from the contract rather than stating he definitely won't come back.

The delay is to find a new director. Set-up for shooting was put off because it should be overseen by the new director.

Given how far off the ride is scheduled to open, a half-year delay is still within the time frame of shooting what you need before the ride opens.
You’re exactly correct. I just don’t imagine Bautista coming back to Disney unless Gunn is reinstated as director. Keep in mind, Bautista refusing to come back won’t do as much damage as, for instance, Pratt refusing to come back, which likely won’t be the case.

Kman101

He was apparently really juiced about being included in the attraction design. I guess we should just prepare for the inevitable speculation about what an attraction that included his input would have been in comparison to what we get.

He seemed to be really excited for it.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
You’re exactly correct. I just don’t imagine Bautista coming back to Disney unless Gunn is reinstated as director. Keep in mind, Bautista refusing to come back won’t do as much damage as, for instance, Pratt refusing to come back, which likely won’t be the case.

I think Bautista said he'd come back if they used Gunn's script which he had just finished

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I should hopefully get a glimpse in late January, on a monorail ride through the park. :) Only have a few hours the night prior to and after our cruise to take in a few sights that don’t involve park admission.

Bairstow

I’m interested in how they’ll make this “blend” in with the other buildings....seeing as it’s...behind...the others...and it’s...boxy...and large...
At this point the plan appears to do the same thing they did with the massive Soaring hangers- paint it the most boring, neutral shade of gray/blue possible and assume no one will bother to look at it.

r-1359063294-CanadaPavilion2.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom