News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

MrHappy

Good ol' flat roof. They'd need that access up there to keep up the maintenance. The good news is that the ride won't go down because of lightning in a thunderstorm. The bad news is that you might run dripping water on while riding this coaster during a thunderstorm
It looks like there's a slight pitch to it.

pdude81

It looks like there's a slight pitch to it.
Yes, but anything at or below 2/12 pitch is normally referred to as a flat roof and often is finished with some sort of rubber membrane or tar and gravel since shingles would leak anywhere below 4/12. It will probably work fine in Florida since freezing temperatures and precipitation are very uncommon at the same time.

OG Runner

Does anyone have any idea of the actual track layout. I thought, at least part of this ride was going to make use of the Universe of Energy building. As it is, right now, I have no idea of how it would.

geekza

Does anyone have any idea of the actual track layout. I thought, at least part of this ride was going to make use of the Universe of Energy building. As it is, right now, I have no idea of how it would.
As far as anyone knows, the former Energy building is only going to be used for the queue and pre-show. The coaster itself is only in the new building. We don't know anything about the actual layout right now.

DisneyDodo

As far as anyone knows, the former Energy building is only going to be used for the queue and pre-show. The coaster itself is only in the new building. We don't know anything about the actual layout right now.
Except for load and unload, which will take place in the UOE building. And it sounds like something non-trivial may occur between load and the launch into the gravity building

JohnD

The UOE building is HUGE. I wonder if they're going to utilize all of it, or leave a lot of empty space. Probably the latter.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The UOE building is HUGE. I wonder if they're going to utilize all of it, or leave a lot of empty space. Probably the latter.

Yes, it’ll all be used. Queues, queues, preshows, queues, load and unload.

Any idea what the clearing behind Guardians is for? After the ride is finished

There was talk of an expanding / reconfiguration of Epcot’s parking lot a while back.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1534880677582.png

volcano ride

Missing20K

Yes, but anything at or below 2/12 pitch is normally referred to as a flat roof and often is finished with some sort of rubber membrane or tar and gravel since shingles would leak anywhere below 4/12. It will probably work fine in Florida since freezing temperatures and precipitation are very uncommon at the same time.

Flat roofs with EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) Rubber membranes are common in nearly any climate condition, save extremely high snow loads, and even then those can be adequately accommodated with a heftier structure. Freezing temps and precipitation are not factors that would inhibit use of a flat roof. Virtually every warehouse in the world, no matter the climate, is a flat roof.

I would be surprised if they use a ballasted system (tar and gravel) though, they aren't really used much anymore on new construction. The big question is whether the EPDM will be black or white. Latest research suggests they should cover it in a white membrane.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom